PDA

View Full Version : The Lumber Company(.com)

Swoboda4
06-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Has anyone dealt with "The Lumber Company" out of Tampa Florida? They sell Pittsburgh game used related items(among other items). I've searched our database before asking and don't see any previous threads. I'm interesred in some of their e-bay items but I'm curious as to why we haven't come across them. Any members with purchases from them?-----There is a The Lumber Company junior member(12/11/05) in our Forum with no posts or threads, any relation?

ironmanfan
06-11-2006, 09:37 AM
You can feel comfortable with this seller (for the life of me I can't recall his name). I've had dealings with him and actually met him last November at the Clemente Foundation Golf Tournament in Puerto Rico (quality guy). He has a tremendous Pirate game used bat collection.

2000mvpfan
06-11-2006, 11:24 AM
....I didn't buy a game used piece from him,but I did buy a signed 20x30 Jason Giambi canvas from him.Good deal,fast shipping,and the item was perfect....he sees o.k. to me.

Joe

geoff
06-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi i bought a game used orioles bat from this person maybe 4 months ago.I won't buy from him again.He does not return emails or leave positive feedback.Also it took me 2 weeks to get the bat i never thought i was going to see it because of the non email to me.Just my thoughts hope i helped.Geoff

sportscentury
06-11-2006, 04:50 PM
RS,

It has been a while, but I purchased a couple of bats from this source some time back and I remember that they were perfect in every way.

Best of luck,

Reid

The Lumber Company
06-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Hello. I am Marty Wallach from the Lumber Company. I am primarily a Pirates collector but from time to time will purge some items from my collection. I collect game used bats from the 1960, 1971, 1976 (bicentennials) and 1979 Pirates teams.

I am currently selling a bunch of Pirates bats. They are almost all guys from the 1979 Bucs team. I have most starters and platoon players available as well as some pitchers.

I also have for sale a 1978 John Candelaria Gold game worn jersey as well as John's 1977 ALL-Star ring.

My website is thelimbercompany.com and my ebay handle is TheLumberCompany. with a feedback of 777 and rting of 99.7

I don't freqient the site very often but I would like to become a regular contributor. I have a full time job, a wife, a 1 year old and 3 year old and time is very tight.

Would love to hear from other Pirates fans. I just bought my All-Star flight and look forward to the event.
Regards,
MArty

www.jerseydave.com
06-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Marty,

Hello sir, please contact me with your asking price and photos if you have them for the Candelaria All Star ring. I would be very interested... thanks...

David

Baseballrings100@aol.com

sportscentury
06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hello. I am Marty Wallach from the Lumber Company.

Forum members,

I was thinking of a different company when I posted my earlier note. I forgot that Marty's company is called the Lumber Company. Marty is a TOP NOTCH collector and dealer. I highly recommend him. He has bought items from me before and he has asked all of the right questions and has been very particular about what he has purchased. I have not seen his Pirates collection, but based on my experiences with him, I imagine it is excellent.

Reid

nate
06-19-2006, 01:51 AM
I wish I had the chance to post earlier. Marty is a solid citizen and a great person. Since we are both from the Tampa area I've had the pleasure of meeting him on occasion. Check out his signed photos which are also top notch.

Best regards,

Nate