PDA

View Full Version : Timmy Lincecum - Smokin'

matt
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Big news here is San Francisco...Busted at 8:20 AM smoking a bowl while driving his Mercedes. Handed over 3.3 grams and a pipe. Who could have guessed from his cleancut facade!!?? Since marijuana is basically legal these days in the west (more pot clubs in LA than Starbucks and McDonalds according to Forbes), he will just get a misdemeanor charge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-giants-lincecum-pot&prov=ap&type=lgns

M

ndevlin
11-06-2009, 05:02 PM
This makes him a druggy, right SS?

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 05:12 PM

Honestly, I don't know why this is even news. He shouldn't be smoking pot behind the wheel, but what's the big deal about smoking pot in general? I mean, I would rather it be marijuana than cigarettes. A $622 fine? Come on. LE has so much more to worry about than what people are doing to their own bodies.

Rboitano
11-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I guess he is not too worried about drug testing.

bigtruck260
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Honestly, I don't know why this is even news. He shouldn't be smoking pot behind the wheel, but what's the big deal about smoking pot in general? I mean, I would rather it be marijuana than cigarettes. A $622 fine? Come on. LE has so much more to worry about than what people are doing to their own bodies.

FRIK - for once, I agree with your statement completely.

There are far worse things he could be doing than smoking a little weed in the offseason.

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 06:30 PM

No, Nate, it makes him a model citizen. I'm sure his father is so proud of him. I mean, what better way to represent the family than to get behind the wheel of his expensive Mercedes and light one up.

Awesome, dude!

Just don't use an aluminum bat while facing him! Hell, he may just take a doinker and become a WHOLE lot richer off the wonderful jury of fellow model citizens like yourself, Nate! Oh.....of course that's assuming he lives.....

Be sure to go to the nearest head shop in your part of the commune and purchase your very own Tim Lincecum poster to hang on your wall, Nate! They're probably in stock in massive abundance right now, and maybe even on SALE, Nate!! :eek:

Hey, by the way, can I set you up on a date with your common-interest friend frik? You two can surely catch the next Obama rally to do your part to help pass our wonderful health care plan coming soon, right?

OOps.....I'm sorry........NO politics!!

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Yeah......hell, you're absolutely SPOT ON, frik!!!

I mean...$622 buck-a-roonies for doing something everyone knows is against the law? And DANGEROUS to boot? What the hell is WRONG with our law enforcement??????

I mean, haven't we got more important things to do, like go after upstanding century-old well respected and beloved companies who do things RIGHT and by the BOOK and slam then with $850,000.00 wrongful judgements because.......well, because damn it, they're well insured!!....and that's what our pot-smoking public WANTS!??

Last time I looked, I thought I was living in the USA. I apologize to everyone, I didn't realize Amsterdam had taken over our country....please forgive my ignorance.

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 06:42 PM
FRIK - for once, I agree with your statement completely.

There are far worse things he could be doing than smoking a little weed in the offseason.

Yeah.........He could be pitching to a group of little leaguers yielding those murderous aluminum weapons known as LOUISVILLE SLUGGERS while performing a training seminar......GOD NO!!!!!!!.....WHEN WILL THE INSANITY STOP DEAR LORD!!!!???? Tim! Don't DO IT......You'll KILL YOURSELF!!!!!!

(bigtruck...I hope you understand I am making fun of the insanity we are all living in......NOT your statement, because you are correct.....but Tim should pay the price for doing it behind the wheel......the idiot)

cohibasmoker
11-06-2009, 07:06 PM

Hey Frik - People can do whatever they want to do to their bodies but when people do stupid reckless things, then law enforcement unfortunately has to get involved and clean-up the mess. While people are having a cup of coffee or breakfast, this guy is smoking a "joint". How about if he smashed his car into another car and killed a couple of people in the other car who's only mistake was being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Apparently Mr. Linceum was "IMPAIRED" enough NOT to realize that he should NOT be smoking a joint and driving.

Cigarettes are bad but "Pot" is good. Really?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080123104017.htm

Jim

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey Frik - People can do whatever they want to do to their bodies but when people do stupid reckless things, then law enforcement unfortunately has to get involved and clean-up the mess. While people are having a cup of coffee or breakfast, this guy is smoking a "joint". How about if he smashed his car into another car and killed a couple of people in the other car who's only mistake was being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Apparently Mr. Linceum was "IMPAIRED" enough NOT to realize that he should NOT be smoking a joint and driving.

Jim

JIM-bo!!! You're fishing in a dry hole, partner. Trying to "reason" with a Nobel Peace Prize writer is not a challenge I would want to take on. No matter how much sense you make, it falls on ears that work in a different atmosphere.

I would strongly suggest you just go back into the den, and flip peanuts to your parrot. The conversation will be much more stimulating and intelligent.......trust me!

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Jim

I didn't say pot was good. However, nicotine is far more addictive than marijuana, meaning that it will kill far more people.

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 08:02 PM
JIM-bo!!! You're fishing in a dry hole, partner. Trying to "reason" with a Nobel Peace Prize writer is not a challenge I would want to take on. No matter how much sense you make, it falls on ears that work in a different atmosphere.

I would strongly suggest you just go back into the den, and flip peanuts to your parrot. The conversation will be much more stimulating and intelligent.......trust me!

Flipping peanuts to...parrots? I thought you flipped peanuts to squirrels. Well, my squirrels prefer almonds.

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I didn't say pot was good. However, nicotine is far more addictive than marijuana, meaning that it will kill far more people.

Not if you're driving in front of Tim Lincecum!!!........ http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/hydro_smiley.gif

both-teams-played-hard
11-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Marijuana is a gateway drug. It leads to the hard stuff like Budweiser and Jack Daniels.

b.heagy
11-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Marijuana is a gateway drug. It leads to the hard stuff like Budweiser and Jack Daniels.

Holy Crap ! what if you already drink Bud and Jack but don't smoke Pot? :eek:

ndevlin
11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
No, Nate, it makes him a model citizen. I'm sure his father is so proud of him. I mean, what better way to represent the family than to get behind the wheel of his expensive Mercedes and light one up.

Awesome, dude!

Just don't use an aluminum bat while facing him! Hell, he may just take a doinker and become a WHOLE lot richer off the wonderful jury of fellow model citizens like yourself, Nate! Oh.....of course that's assuming he lives.....

Be sure to go to the nearest head shop in your part of the commune and purchase your very own Tim Lincecum poster to hang on your wall, Nate! They're probably in stock in massive abundance right now, and maybe even on SALE, Nate!! :eek:

Hey, by the way, can I set you up on a date with your common-interest friend frik? You two can surely catch the next Obama rally to do your part to help pass our wonderful health care plan coming soon, right?

OOps.....I'm sorry........NO politics!!

Haha, just because you do or have done drugs doesnt make you a druggy. Just like what you said about Len Bias, just because he did drugs, which is what killed him, he is automatically a druggy? And that he deserved to die because of this? Thats pretty much what you said, right?

But like this and the Len Bias thread, you're right, everyone else is wrong...end of story.

rays54
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Lincecum did what he did. Selling off my 2008 lineup cards including his record season SF strikeout record game against the rockies.

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Lincecum did what he did. Selling off my 2008 lineup cards including his record season SF strikeout record game against the rockies.

All because he smoked a little pot?

cohibasmoker
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Flipping peanuts to...parrots? I thought you flipped peanuts to squirrels. Well, my squirrels prefer almonds.

No - our parrots love peanuts. Missed the shot of them cracking them out of the shells but I'll try again later. We don't give them too many because we try and watch what they put in their bodies. Plenty of bottled water, no meat, no salt, no white sugar, no white flour, plenty of fruits and vegetables - maybe we'll add a joint now and again to their diets?

Jim

cigarman44
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM

If you knew all the little secrets your favorites were hiding you wouldn't have a collection at all...

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Holy Crap ! what if you already drink Bud and Jack but don't smoke Pot? :eek:

Then you are probably three cocktails away from asking frik out at a bar.

1:59 A.M., seconds before the bar closes.....

b.heagy: "Hey hun, you're kinda cute. Can I take you home?"

frik: "SUrE"

b.heagy: "I'm gonna show you my game room.....you 'GAME' hun?....He He HE"

frik: "BUUUURP!........SuRE!!"

b.heagy: "Man, I just hope I can get us there ok......I had a bit too much to drink tonight. Um....too bad my nose still works....what the f&%k is that SMELL?".....

frik: "Oh, my pet squirrell seems to have snuck into my jacket pocket.....HEY, LoOk OuT FoR tHAt CaR!!!.....It LOoKS LiKe....It's TiM LInCEcUM!!!!

http://www.yahoofreak.com/animated%20emoticons/Funny%20Animated%20Emoticons/danger%20driving.gif

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
No - our parrots love peanuts. Missed the shot of them cracking them out of the shells but I'll try again later. We don't give them too many because we try and watch what they put in their bodies. Plenty of bottled water, no meat, no salt, no white sugar, no white flour, plenty of fruits and vegetables - maybe we'll add a joint now and again to their diets?

Jim

OMG.....I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering and my side hurts.....

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 11:36 PM
frik: "Oh, my pet squirrell seems to have snuck into my jacket pocket.....HEY, LoOk OuT FoR tHAt CaR!!!.....It LOoKS LiKe....It's TiM LInCEcUM!!!!

Squirrels don't usually sneak into my pocket. Matter of fact, just yesterday I had a squirrel named Brett on my lap.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Leslie-Brett-6.jpg
He loves me - and almonds too!

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Looks to me like Brett is just praying it's ALL a bad dream......

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 11:47 PM

Do squirrels have god-beliefs?

suicide_squeeze
11-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Haha, just because you do or have done drugs doesnt make you a druggy. Just like what you said about Len Bias, just because he did drugs, which is what killed him, he is automatically a druggy? And that he deserved to die because of this? Thats pretty much what you said, right?

But like this and the Len Bias thread, you're right, everyone else is wrong...end of story.

Nate....Nate......Nate.....

Man, what's UP Nate???

I didn't say Len was a "druggy". I NEVER said he deserved to die for God sake.

I implied.......if you read what I said without all of your anger and hatred towards me.......that I.....ME......I have no sympathy for people who harm themselves because they are weak charactered enough to do drugs.

As far as I can tell, Len Bias was nothing close to a drug addict. But the guy should have been able to be man enough to shed the losers around him in his life before they got into him and essentially MURDERED him.

If that isn't painfully clear enough to everyone that drugs are BAD NEWS, then your date with the reaper is close. I have seen this kind of mindless crap SO MANY TIMES in my life that's is almost laughable when it happens because it's SOOOOooooooo rediculous already!

That's all I'm saying Nate. You can put words in my mouth if you want, but Len Bias has no one to blame for his early departure but LEN BIAS.

If there is ANY life lesson to be learned from this, besides drugs are for LOSERS.....it's that you must be responsible for yourself and your actions.

I personally don't like stupidity. I personally feel that there are a LOT of stupid people around. I personally feel that if you take drugs, and kill yourself by doing so......you got what you asked for.

What makes this so tragic is that Len Bias had the world by the gonads. Yeah, it was painful to hear that he lost his life so young. Yeah, it bothered me. Deeply. But he gets no sympathy from me!!! He should have said "pound sand" to the criminal offering him up the "pure stuff"......the pusher who was trying to gain a "bigtime" client.

This type of story is so old news, that I just can't feel anything but "good riddance" for the idiots who fall into the trap. Parents......talk to your kids. Show em the "Without Bias bit....do whatever you have to do, but tell em if they are going to take drugs, expect a cheap burial. Hopefully they will GET it.

earlywynnfan
11-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Hey, Squeeze, just curious as to what you do for a living. It seems that side dalliances like this forum here would be used as a form of escapism, perhaps for, I don't know, enjoyment?? Yet you get so riled up at almost every post, I can't help but wonder how you manage to keep cool and actually survive the stresses that come with almost any job, let alone how you communicate with people considering your "I'm right and F-U if you disagree" attitude. Or perhaps you save it up all day and let loose here?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

camarokids
11-07-2009, 12:39 AM

I believe personal attacks are against forum rules.... Apparently, (and as usual) the Admins are out to lunch..... With no one to enforce the sand box rules....

Just because she disagreed with almost all of us on the H&B Lawsuit thread, doesn't mean you need to personally attack her. Which has been going on for at least days.

Apparently the passing of one of our members hasn't left a lasting impression on some members.........

Life is short, and be kind to your fellow forum members....

We don't always agree with each other, but....

I say cut her some slack.....:)

chakes89
11-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Squirrels don't usually sneak into my pocket. Matter of fact, just yesterday I had a squirrel named Brett on my lap.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Leslie-Brett-6.jpg
He loves me - and almonds too!
How the hell did you do that?

frikativ54
11-07-2009, 02:21 AM
How the hell did you do that?

The squirrels in Portland are very friendly. After knowing them for a while, they lose all fear of you. They are really sweet.

ndevlin
11-07-2009, 03:24 AM
I personally don't like stupidity. I personally feel that there are a LOT of stupid people around.

Haha, I completely agree with you! Completely!

I know you get giddy by getting on peoples nerves with different topics all the time, but Im not going to lie.....I could care less about your opinions, attacks, and pure hatred on the forum. If it were up to me, I'd kick you off this site for good, for you do nothing but start crap with other forum members and dont have any input that involves game used items. I mean, think about it people...when was the last time SS gave a game used opinion that was worth a damn? Nope, it always involves politics and personal attacks. Your attitude is a joke and you get pure enjoyment by disagreeing with everyone and making sure you are correct and everyone else is stupid and wrong.

I know you will respond to this, which is fine, and obviously disagree like you do with everyone, but Im just saying what I feel, as well as all the emails I get about you every week about how much you bring no game used knowledge to the forum, but like to start crap with people instead. I cant count on my fingers how many complaints I get on you in a week, and really, I think you get off on it, whatever floats your boat.

No I dont want to meet you for a handshake and a beer, nor will I ever want to. But you Im going to end it at this, because I dont like going back and fourth with you all the time. Its stupid and pointless because you are right and everyone elses opinions in the world are flat out wrong!!

Admins, is there any way I could just block his posts so I dont have to read them everyday? If so, I would like to have that to my account please? Wait, do you guys even read his posts?

Bueller.....Bueller....??

suicide_squeeze
11-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Haha, I completely agree with you! Completely!

I know you get giddy by getting on peoples nerves with different topics all the time, but Im not going to lie.....I could care less about your opinions, attacks, and pure hatred on the forum. If it were up to me, I'd kick you off this site for good, for you do nothing but start crap with other forum members and dont have any input that involves game used items. I mean, think about it people...when was the last time SS gave a game used opinion that was worth a damn? Nope, it always involves politics and personal attacks. Your attitude is a joke and you get pure enjoyment by disagreeing with everyone and making sure you are correct and everyone else is stupid and wrong.

I know you will respond to this, which is fine, and obviously disagree like you do with everyone, but Im just saying what I feel, as well as all the emails I get about you every week about how much you bring no game used knowledge to the forum, but like to start crap with people instead. I cant count on my fingers how many complaints I get on you in a week, and really, I think you get off on it, whatever floats your boat.

No I dont want to meet you for a handshake and a beer, nor will I ever want to. But you Im going to end it at this, because I dont like going back and fourth with you all the time. Its stupid and pointless because you are right and everyone elses opinions in the world are flat out wrong!!

Admins, is there any way I could just block his posts so I dont have to read them everyday? If so, I would like to have that to my account please? Wait, do you guys even read his posts?

Bueller.....Bueller....??

Nate,

The knowledge and experience I have obtained over the years about the inner workings of the criminals in the auction business, and some extremely expensive items that have been sold in the hobby that are flat out fake......will come out when I'm God damn good and ready to share it.

My collection is my business, and the reason you don't see me posting pictures of my items on threads like "What's your most expensive item in your collection" is because I'm not about bragging, or being stupid enought to expose my life for someone like YOU. I share with my friends, and family. They are what matters. YOU, and the other forum members who have an axe to grind, just don't make the list.

You say you don't give a crap about my opinions that aren't worth a damn? Who cares......because the items I would and could give you advice about are items that will NEVER be in your collection anyways. They're a bit above your income level.

My life and well being are far more important to me than sharing tidbits of interesting facts about my experiences in the game used memorabilia world. If I feel compelled to chime in about something significant, I will. But I certainly don't possess the petty desire to be popular with chumps like YOU enough to be looking over my shoulder everyday because I exposed something serious in the industry. It's just not worth it to me. I'll share what I know when I feel comfortable in doing so. And based on the responses I've received here when I have, I'd have to lower myself to YOUR idiot status to continue sharing what I know.

And one last thing, Nate, here's an example of the stupidity I was referring to......the stupid people all over the place.

You mentioned how you wouldn't want to ever meet for a handshake or a beer.....another post of mine you were referring to. That's because you aren't intelligent enought to read between the lines when I made that post to a couple of my other fans here. You, Nate couldn't understand that a "handshake" or a "beer" would have been the LAST thing that would've happened if there were a "meeting" between me and those other two members.

Do you get it NOW, Nate? Or do I need to break it down a bit further for you?

ndevlin
11-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Nate,

The knowledge and experience I have obtained over the years about the inner workings of the criminals in the auction business, and some extremely expensive items that have been sold in the hobby that are flat out fake......will come out when I'm God damn good and ready to share it.

My collection is my business, and the reason you don't see me posting pictures of my items on threads like "What's your most expensive item in your collection" is because I'm not about bragging, or being stupid enought to expose my life for someone like YOU. I share with my friends, and family. They are what matters. YOU, and the other forum members who have an axe to grind, just don't make the list.

You say you don't give a crap about my opinions that aren't worth a damn? Who cares......because the items I would and could give you advice about are items that will NEVER be in your collection anyways. They're a bit above your income level.

My life and well being are far more important to me than sharing tidbits of interesting facts about my experiences in the game used memorabilia world. If I feel compelled to chime in about something significant, I will. But I certainly don't possess the petty desire to be popular with chumps like YOU enough to be looking over my shoulder everyday because I exposed something serious in the industry. It's just not worth it to me. I'll share what I know when I feel comfortable in doing so. And based on the responses I've received here when I have, I'd have to lower myself to YOUR idiot status to continue sharing what I know.

And one last thing, Nate, here's an example of the stupidity I was referring to......the stupid people all over the place.

You mentioned how you wouldn't want to ever meet for a handshake or a beer.....another post of mine you were referring to. That's because you aren't intelligent enought to read between the lines when I made that post to a couple of my other fans here. You, Nate couldn't understand that a "handshake" or a "beer" would have been the LAST thing that would've happened if there were a "meeting" between me and those other two members.

SS, I apologize, you are right, I am wrong. You know what I do for a living and my income(which is real appropriate to talk about), I...do not. You know what is in my whole collection, I...do not.

Get real. I could care less whats in your collection. If you read my last post, you would have read that you give NO game used knowledge to anyone. Its not because you dont want to, its because you dont know I guess. Its never about the year of a bat or the tagging of a jersey. Its, auction house this...F-U Frik!....Nate, you're poor!....Ken, you're getting squashed!! Really?? Get over yourself buddy. You're not as great as you think.

If you have knowledge about game used items, you need to share it. Thats what this site is for. Its not for bashing every single person that disagrees with you. That is so old.

camarokids
11-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Nate,

Well, I hope you get it Nate.:rolleyes:

The pompous (I have attached it's definition for you) ass king of the Game Used World has spoken and will only share when he is good and ready to share!

Main Entry: pomp·ous
Pronunciation: \ˈpäm-pəs\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 : excessively elevated or ornate <pompous rhetoric>
2 : having or exhibiting self-importance : arrogant (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arrogant) <a pompous politician or pompous game used collector>
3 : relating to or suggestive of pomp : magnificent (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magnificent)
— pomp·ous·ly adverb
— pomp·ous·ness noun

SS, you may have more money than some of us on this forum, but it in no way makes a smarter or a better person than any of us!!

The only thing it buys you is a FREE PASS with the admins and lots of arrogance (let me know if you need the definition of that one).

Cause they would not rather not enforce the rules than hurt their pocketbooks!

I bet this gets deleted by the useless powers to be of this site, but oh well!!!

Danny899
11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Nate,

...because the items I would and could give you advice about are items that will NEVER be in your collection anyways. They're a bit above your income level.

You, Nate couldn't understand that a "handshake" or a "beer" would have been the LAST thing that would've happened if there were a "meeting" between me and those other two members.

How pathetic. What has this forum become? "A meeting between me and those other two members" Picking a fight through a forum? Grow up and get some guts. Yes we know, you're tougher, richer, and more knowledgeable than all of us. Spare yourself. This site is a far cry from what it used to be which had previously been a great source for knowledge.

camarokids
11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
How pathetic. What has this forum become? "A meeting between me and those other two members" Picking a fight through a forum? Grow up and get some guts. Yes we know, you're tougher, richer, and more knowledgeable than all of us. Spare yourself. This site is a far cry from what it used to be which had previously been a great source for knowledge.

Very well said Danny!

This site is all about the money now(has been for awhile). SS spends some money at the GUU auctions so he can speak freely without repercussions ......

JoSports also consigns items so they can spam all of its members without repercussions as well..... I have received at least three unwanted emails from them in the past two weeks....

I cannot afford nor want most anything they offer.

I remember about a year ago a member was banned for spamming members just like JOSPORTS is doing now.....

chakes89
11-07-2009, 02:57 PM
That member wasn't in business with GUU

MiLe HigH
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I think we have a winner for the biggest LOSERhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/30.gif on the forum.....
Suicide Squeeze come take a bow!http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/41.gif

camarokids
11-07-2009, 03:10 PM
That member wasn't in business with GUU

my point exactly......

MiLe HigH
11-07-2009, 03:14 PM
"I have received at least three unwanted emails from them in the past two weeks...."

I made the same mistake of somehow getting on JO's spam list too...and WOW talk about Overkill! I tried to get off it and it is still Dumped in my inbox..

chakes89
11-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Same Here

Looks like GUU sold our information to JO Sports

suicide_squeeze
11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
What a riot. I mean......what a complete conglomeration of cling-on's.

I have been listening to Nate's little subtle attacks for a long time. So I finally set him straight on a few things, and you guys all join in and think I am bragging about my income, or what I have in my collection??

That's a great indication of whay I'm talking about (the stupidity factor).

Now, along with all of my other "labels", I'm the forum's biggest loser, courtesy of MileHigh. Ouch, I'm just so hurt.

Have fun gang, go at it. Say what you have to say, and with my blessings.

This place will always be a great source of info. No matter what you guys say or do here, or how much you complain.

You don't even have a CLUE what you are talking about, but continue to just throw out the accusations, and now take pot-shots at the GUU admins.

For the record, I have purchased ONE item from the GUU site since I've been here. A James Loney game used 2008 home Dodger jersey.

Grand total? $400.00 (plus shipping and handling). Yeaj, I'm sure it's worth it to the the admin here to keep me railin on at you idiots because they need my money. I'll bet you feel brilliant right about now, don't you, NATE?

Even if the info delivered on this site is about the industry as a whole, and not about one specific little item one of you may have your eye on, you all should appreciate ANY life experience someone brings to the table here. Knowledge can and should be gained in many areas. But if you haven't got the common sense to apply it, then I guess you just have to attack people!! Right?

If you nitwits in my "fan club" would pay attention, you would know by now that I only react to your attacks. I never start them. I told you, if you want to bring it, then expect it ten-fold because I don't take lightly to the garbage and ganging up.

That said, have a nice weekend. I have a life to live away from this silly combative BS.

sox83cubs84
11-07-2009, 05:06 PM
"I have received at least three unwanted emails from them in the past two weeks...."

I made the same mistake of somehow getting on JO's spam list too...and WOW talk about Overkill! I tried to get off it and it is still Dumped in my inbox..

Hasn't happened to me yet...knock on wood.

Dave M.
Chicago area

suicide_squeeze
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Very well said Danny!

This site is all about the money now(has been for awhile). SS spends some money at the GUU auctions so he can speak freely without repercussions ......

JoSports also consigns items so they can spam all of its members without repercussions as well..... I have received at least three unwanted emails from them in the past two weeks....

I cannot afford nor want most anything they offer.

I remember about a year ago a member was banned for spamming members just like JOSPORTS is doing now.....

Um......children, when you grow up and get along in your schooling, you will eventually be introduced to Econ 101.

There, you might gain a bit of knowledge in what makes the world turn....also known as economic activity. It pays the bills.....it keeps company's running.

You guys "claim" to be interested in the Game Used hobby?

Well, here's a news bulletin for you: GUU has an agreement, a kind of partnership in selling authentic game used football items.

So, what harm is there in handing over a list of EMAIL ADDRESSES of guys who claim to be part of the hobby? WHY would you guys complain about something like being enlightened or notified as to items available in the hobby YOU are IN?

Seems a bit disingenuous, doesn't it? OR......do you all just like to complain and find fault in anything?

ndevlin
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Sorry SS, I cant read what you wrote, only that you have posted something, for you have been blocked on my account. And I must say....its awfully nice. I suggest others to do the same.

Maybe one of these days you'll change your attitude and actually treat everyone with respect.....the same way you would like to be treated. You dont make many friends the rate you are going.

Dont bother responding to this, I cant read it anyways....thank goodness!

camarokids
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Um......children, when you grow up and get along in your schooling, you will eventually be introduced to Econ 101.

There, you might gain a bit of knowledge in what makes the world turn....also known as economic activity. It pays the bills.....it keeps company's running.

You guys "claim" to be interested in the Game Used hobby?

Well, here's a news bulletin for you: GUU has an agreement, a kind of partnership in selling authentic game used football items.

So, what harm is there in handing over a list of EMAIL ADDRESSES of guys who claim to be part of the hobby? WHY would you guys complain about something like being enlightened or notified as to items available in the hobby YOU are IN?

Seems a bit disingenuous, doesn't it? OR......do you all just like to complain and find fault in anything?

Not at all, it is because all rules are enforced at GUU on a selective basis.

You are truly laughable, I assume you feel better after trying to talk down to everyone?

I will block your posts as well, ba bye....

cigarman44
11-07-2009, 05:21 PM
What a riot. I mean......what a complete conglomeration of cling-on's.

I have been listening to Nate's little subtle attacks for a long time. So I finally set him straight on a few things, and you guys all join in and think I am bragging about my income, or what I have in my collection??

Now, along with all of my other "labels", I'm the forum's biggest loser, courtesy of MileHigh. Ouch, I'm just so hurt.

Have fun gang, go at it. Say what you have to say, and with my blessings.

This place will always be a great source of info. No matter what you guys say or do here, or how much you complain.

You don't even have a CLUE what you are talking about, but continue to just throw out the accusations, and now take pot-shots at the GUU admins.

For the record, I have purchased ONE item from the GUU site since I've been here. A James Loney game used 2008 home Dodger jersey.

Grand total? $400.00 (plus shipping and handling). Yeaj, I'm sure it's worth it to the the admin here to keep me railin on at you idiots because they need my money. I'll bet you feel brilliant right about now, don't you, NATE?

Even if the info delivered on this site is about the industry as a whole, and not about one specific little item one of you may have your eye on, you all should appreciate ANY life experience someone brings to the table here. Knowledge can and should be gained in many areas. But if you haven't got the common sense to apply it, then I guess you just have to attack people!! Right?

If you nitwits in my "fan club" would pay attention, you would know by now that I only react to your attacks. I never start them. I told you, if you want to bring it, then expect it ten-fold because I don't take lightly to the garbage and ganging up.

We know, we know...you're an F'in internet tough guy. Always wanting that "chance meeting" with fellow forum members so you can kick their ass. Im sure Bigtruck can set you up with a sparring partner through his boxing connection and get you on Don King's next card.

That said, have a nice weekend. I have a life to live away from this silly combative BS.

I feel sorry for whoever that is...:rolleyes:

cigarman44
11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry SS, I cant read what you wrote, only that you have posted something, for you have been blocked on my account. And I must say....its awfully nice. I suggest others to do the same.

Maybe one of these days you'll change your attitude and actually treat everyone with respect.....the same way you would like to be treated. You dont make many friends the rate you are going.

Dont bother responding to this, I cant read it anyways....thank goodness!

Great idea...his post look much better now...

frikativ54
11-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Calling those who disagree with you names isn't going to get you anywhere.

You don't even have a CLUE what you are talking about, but continue to just throw out the accusations, and now take pot-shots at the GUU admins.Okay, we're all clueless. We don't think the same way you do. Turn off the talk radio preaching attitude. You don't talk to real people that way, especially if you're trying to convince them.

Grand total? $400.00 (plus shipping and handling). Yeaj, I'm sure it's worth it to the the admin here to keep me railin on at you idiots because they need my money. I'll bet you feel brilliant right about now, don't you, NATE?Another personal attack. Why does everyone who disagrees with you have to be an idiot? Many intelligent people disagree with each other, without resorting to name calling. This isn't the Sean Hannity show...

But if you haven't got the common sense to apply it, then I guess you just have to attack people!! Right?Who's attacking whom?

If you nitwits in my "fan club" would pay attention, you would know by now that I only react to your attacks. I never start them.Really? You have been attacking me in nearly every post since Tuesday. All I have asked from you is that you defend your opinions. I haven't blocked you. Engage with me respectfully, intelligently, and civilly - it's not a hard thing to do.

Just look at the phrases I underlined. They all constitute personal attacks. Your MO is getting tiring...

treant985
11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Funny...when I clicked on a thread about Tim Linceum, I thought it might actually contain posts about Tim Lincecum.

indyred
11-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Funny...when I clicked on a thread about Tim Linceum, I thought it might actually contain posts about Tim Lincecum.

Yeah so did I.
Instead a bunch crying. Three unwanted emails over a couple weeks, call the police and arrest someone over that.