PDA

View Full Version : The same Yankees MLB.com GU auction items (Steiner) back up??

cruwet
11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I noticed that some Yankees items that were auctioned in the past week are now back as new items in auctions... They have the exact same descriptions and photos as before. I'm scratching my head because I just won something that is mysteriously back up on the auction block today... I just emailed Steiner on this. Any thoughts?

cruwet
11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
BTW- I'm referring to jerseys.

BULBUS
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I guess you won the Gardner jersey, because that looks to be the only one relisted. The Yankees change their jerseys, what, every week???? :D So I'm sure Steiner has a few of them. Not much is "one of a Kind" anymore. :(

cruwet
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
The Pettite jersey was auctioned last week too. I guess it's a crapshoot on getting a jersey with any wear on it... I've seen people with Steiner Yankees jerseys with dirt still on, and some are very clean. Just luck of the draw?

cruwet
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I guess you won the Gardner jersey, because that looks to be the only one relisted. The Yankees change their jerseys, what, every week???? :D So I'm sure Steiner has a few of them. Not much is "one of a Kind" anymore. :(

The folks at Steiner have confirmed that they are 2 different jerseys, and they are looking into the dates that the jersey I won were worn. Kudos to them for looking into this for me today, as I'm sure they are busy today.

cruwet
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Got the Gardner jersey in the mail today. MLB hologram dated the jersey as being authenticated in late July. Steiner basically game me the same info. Very happy with the jersey- nice wear with some good dirt staining.