PDA

View Full Version : Jacket Missing from Steiner Store

kingjammy24
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
i read this news item: http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/wheres-eddies-autographed-yankee-jacket.html

long story short, a guy sent in a prized family heirloom, a jacket with a million yankee autographs on it, to a steiner store to get signed by yogi berra ($160 for a yogi berra signature?) and then the jacket went missing. anyway, the guy wants compensation from steiner and steiner feels he's asking too much. what popped out at me was this priceless quote on the video from brandon steiner himself:

"..he wanted a lotta lotta money for something he'd only invested a few thousand dollars in.."

yeah..apparently wanting a lot of money for something that only cost a few thousand doesn't seem right to brandon.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3324/reggie.jpg

rudy.

cohibasmoker
11-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow - anyone interested in boycotting Steiner until they do the right thing?

cohibasmoker
11-05-2009, 12:26 PM
-How about a replica line-up card?
http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/product/~pcategory=1001/~category=15065/~pid=JETEPHB000012

-How about a team-signed baseball from this season?
http://www.steinersports.com/new-york-yankees-team-signed-2009-ws-logo-baseball-le-250

-How about a team signed photo from this year?
http://www.steinersports.com/new-york-yankees-team-signed-yankee-stadium-16x20-photograph-le-50

Jim

kingjammy24
11-05-2009, 12:44 PM
i just thought it was priceless that brandon steiner, of all people, was complaining about someone overcharging him.

it'd be like lou lampson complaining that he was ripped off by a sloppy authenticator.

rudy.

rose14
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Screw Brandon Steiner and all of his overpriced items. $100k is way too much but I do hope he gets nailed on this one. What comes around goes around.

mariner_gamers
11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Rudy.......you know the prospect someone may list a Mariners bat I need and your visual take on the world are the key reasons I am still around this forum. As usual your intro, quote, and corresponding visual were money.

Thanks again for hammering home a point while making me laugh......

Davis

gannonknight85
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I havn't made the conscious effort of boycotting Steiner, they have done it for me by over-pricing every piece that I have been interested in. I guess the working class isn't really their market demographic and they have already made that very clear to me. Best of luck to them anyway, and I hope that Eddie recieves fair compensation for his loss.

Sincityson
11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Knowing how Lampson operates, I wouldn't be surprised if he has done that in the past. hahha

it'd be like lou lampson complaining that he was ripped off by a sloppy authenticator.

rudy.

cohibasmoker
11-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I havn't made the conscious effort of boycotting Steiner, they have done it for me by over-pricing every piece that I have been interested in. I guess the working class isn't really their market demographic and they have already made that very clear to me. Best of luck to them anyway, and I hope that Eddie recieves fair compensation for his loss.

Please don't take this personal but don't underestimate the power of the "little guys".

mbenga28
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
yeah that's why I'd rather purchase from MeiGray, at least the consider if you send them a best offer.

nickacs
11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow, $20k for that Joba jerseys? Are you freaking kidding?!? :eek::eek::eek:
Not even the Jeter 2009 opening day is close to that figure.

Like someone said, what goes around comes around. That's terrible that they've been playing this guy for a fool and running him around all these years...UGG!

gingi79
11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I would argue that that jacket was signed by memories which are priceless. It was a family heirloom and I think there should be restitution.

Add the nonsense about the seats being power washed and randomly put back together because he was too lazy to do it correctly and you have to wonder when his poor customer service based business model will cost him.

I'm glad I don't root for the Yankees, he is single handedly molesting collectors for simple autographs and game worn material. I mean, I think Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera are great players, truly great true blue Yankees and HOFers. But $500 for an autographed baseball? $20,000 for a game used jersey? Come on! That is simply unfair to charge people prices like this for their hero's signature.

The missing jacket should be found or replaced......by game used World Series game 6 jerseys of Jeter, Matsui, A-Rod and Rivera. Then maybe Brandumb will understand that memories and heirlooms eclipse overvalued priced gauging modern items that are easily obtained.

Alas, if he wanted to protect an item like that, he never should have trusted someone who obviously only cares about his bottom line.

mbenga28
11-05-2009, 08:14 PM
do the players have a say in the prices for their items, Jeter must feel proud charging $500 for an 8x10 signed photo and his signature really isn't that appealing to the eyes.

intheminors
11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I know from personal experience that the guys from Steiner check this board and I'll be happy to go into the story if there's no response.

I know that GUU Auctions has some type of relationship with Steiner but it's time for Brandon himself to answer some questions. Whether you want to do it here or call us individually is up to him.

Brandon, stop hiding and start answering questions. It's time. We're tired of what you're doing and I'm sure your staff is tired of being bashed among collectors. Man up, grow a set... whatever has to be said to get you to come out of the Lou Lampson cave and be accountable.

Kyle Smith
817-233-3669 (cell - and it's on all of the time)

emann
11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
"..he wanted a lotta lotta money for something he'd only invested a few thousand dollars in.."

yeah..apparently wanting a lot of money for something that only cost a few thousand doesn't seem right to brandon.[/IMG]

rudy.

Those photos and quotes made me laugh out loud—thanks Rudy.

-John

B1SON
11-06-2009, 12:12 AM
yeah that's why I'd rather purchase from MeiGray, at least the consider if you send them a best offer.

Speaking of MeiGray...anyone know when the 2008 Eagles jerseys will arrive????

mbenga28
11-06-2009, 06:58 AM
speaking of MeiGray, imagine what would have been if they were the ones in partnership with the Yankees for game used/game issued items. the Bronx Bombers unfortunately didn't do enough research before entering into partnership, Mets might be the lesser better team between the two but at least they were more savvy with whom to work with for Shea memorabilia.