PDA

View Full Version : Glad for ARod, glad for Tony

cjclong
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm glad that the Yankees and Arod won the World Series. I know Tony is a big fan of ARod's and it must have been great for you to finally see him perform at the level he was capable of in the post season. There are a lot of great players who never got to a World Series or won one. So it was nice to ARod finally get his chance. You have always defended him while acknowledging his flaws in a fair manner. So enjoy this one !!!! You deserve it.

metsbats
11-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm glad that the Yankees and Arod won the World Series. I know Tony is a big fan of ARod's and it must have been great for you to finally see him perform at the level he was capable of in the post season. There are a lot of great players who never got to a World Series or won one. So it was nice to ARod finally get his chance. You have always defended him while acknowledging his flaws in a fair manner. So enjoy this one !!!! You deserve it.

My uncle is big Yankee fan and at the beginning of the post season he told me the Yankees will not advance or win the World series as long as Arod was on the team.

Well the monkey is finally off Arod's back.

skyking26
11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I personally do not like the Yankees. I'm not a fan of the cockiness of Tex and some of the others.

Happy for Tony, happy for my friend Mark Ponnent. Disappointed for Howard and my other Phil's guys.

Yanks - break open the wallet for Matsui now....it's gonna cost ya some more.

RK

WadeInBmore
11-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Yanks - break open the wallet for Matsui now....it's gonna cost ya some more.

I wonder how much they'll have to pay. The announcers last night definately felt his one hit should've been a triple, but due to his bad knees was only a double. I also can't seem to get the image of him breaking his wrist out of my head...the way that he looked at his limp glove hand and the way it flapped around...OUCH and yuck!!!! It will be interesting to see how much he'll fetch or want in a new deal. Any idea how old he is...I mean, he isn't a spring chicken that for sure. The more people describe him the more he sounds like Harold Baines LOL. Atleast one guy name Hideki worked out in the long run for the Yanks.

wade

3arod13
11-05-2009, 05:48 PM

I also glad to see how much Arod has chaned his attitude. Not once does he talk about himself. Always about his teammates.

When all the Yankee players were together up on the state, Arod was in the background and not up front. In the past, he would have ensures it was right up in front, probably even in front of Jeter.

Is it fake? I don't believe so. I think Arod finally gets it. It's about the 25 guys and the team!

Regards, Tony

3arod13
11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I also glad to see how much Arod has chaned his attitude. Not once does he talk about himself. Always about his teammates.

When all the Yankee players were together up on the state, Arod was in the background and not up front. In the past, he would have ensures it was right up in front, probably even in front of Jeter.

Is it fake? I don't believe so. I think Arod finally gets it. It's about the 25 guys and the team!

Regards, Tony

Wow, too many typos.

I'm also glad to see how much Arod has changed his attitude. Not once does he talk about himself. Always about his teammates.

When all the Yankee players were together up on the stage, Arod was in the background and not up front. In the past, he would have ensured he was right up in front, probably even in front of Jeter.

Regards, Tony

skyking26
11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Who knows; he's dating Goldie Hawn's daughter and she says he's very vain and always talking about himself...so I would not go as far as saying he's changed.

"memememememememe"

3arod13
11-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Who knows; he's dating Goldie Hawn's daughter and she says he's very vain and always talking about himself...so I would not go as far as saying he's changed.

"memememememememe"

What Arod does in baseball and on the field is all I care about. All the other stuff, I couldn't care less.

LastingsMilledge85
11-06-2009, 12:16 AM
He plays with such arrogance though. I love comparing him and Jeter both are great players, the only difference is that one has a great personality and the other seems to not. That's just how the lightning rod rubs off on me, but in reality he could be a nice guy. Anyway, I really can't congratulate the Yanks because they really did buy this title, there is no two ways about it.

3arod13
11-06-2009, 04:08 AM
He plays with such arrogance though. I love comparing him and Jeter both are great players, the only difference is that one has a great personality and the other seems to not. That's just how the lightning rod rubs off on me, but in reality he could be a nice guy. Anyway, I really can't congratulate the Yanks because they really did buy this title, there is no two ways about it.

I've never saw Arod as arrogant. I saw a guy who tried to hard to be liked; tried to hard to please people; to say the things he thought people wanted to hear; a guy to tried to hard to be someone he wasn't, instead of just being himself, which came across fake (which is what I didn't like).

He works hard, plays hard, and just loves the game of baseball.

skyking26
11-06-2009, 07:55 AM
I've never saw Arod as arrogant. I saw a guy who tried to hard to be liked; tried to hard to please people; to say the things he thought people wanted to hear; a guy to tried to hard to be someone he wasn't, instead of just being himself, which came across fake (which is what I didn't like).

He works hard, plays hard, and just loves the game of baseball.
I guess it bothers me that Arod sells his gamers for profit, anything for a buck with all the $$ he's got. Reminds me of Manny hawking a grill on ebay...

Tony, honestly, don't take offense to my statements. In the end - I love that you are a dedicated Arod guy. Believe me, I have taken heat for over 30 years being a Kingman guy, and for 20 something being a Mac collector. Then, when I announce my issues with Mac but I still collect him, I get bashed. We all have our guys we collect and those we dislike. I'm not bashing anything, just talking. I think people here on the forum lose site of good clean talk and turn things into children's playgrounds.

I joined the forum for education and to chat with "colleagues" so to speak. I know others that left here because of where posts go and I'm on the fence with doing the same. That said, enjoy your guy, he had a helluva season, I'll say that. I also applaud the tenure of your career. Enjoy your posts. Just remember, if my thoughts differ from yours - it's all good :D .

Friends - RK

cjclong
11-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Matsui was interviewed on the Fox post game show after the game. He was interviewed through his interpreter. The fact that he needs an interpreter is probably the reason he does not get more interviews.

3arod13
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I guess it bothers me that Arod sells his gamers for profit, anything for a buck with all the $$ he's got. Reminds me of Manny hawking a grill on ebay...

Tony, honestly, don't take offense to my statements. In the end - I love that you are a dedicated Arod guy. Believe me, I have taken heat for over 30 years being a Kingman guy, and for 20 something being a Mac collector. Then, when I announce my issues with Mac but I still collect him, I get bashed. We all have our guys we collect and those we dislike. I'm not bashing anything, just talking. I think people here on the forum lose site of good clean talk and turn things into children's playgrounds.

I joined the forum for education and to chat with "colleagues" so to speak. I know others that left here because of where posts go and I'm on the fence with doing the same. That said, enjoy your guy, he had a helluva season, I'll say that. I also applaud the tenure of your career. Enjoy your posts. Just remember, if my thoughts differ from yours - it's all good :D .

Friends - RK

RK, friends! Unless a direct attack, I don't take things that serious or personal.

Most of the things said about Arod, he brought many upon himself. I think there are some here that hate him so much, they go a little overboard. For me, his personal life is his personal life, so I don't care much about that. He loves baseball, works hards, wants to win. He's made mistakes while doing this, but hopefully he learned from it and moves on.

The one and only disappointing thing for me about Arod is how much stuff he signs and puts out there. Way, way too much!

Regards, Tony

both-teams-played-hard
11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I joined the forum for education and to chat with "colleagues" so to speak. I know others that left here because of where posts go and I'm on the fence with doing the same.

Agreed. I feel the same way...

bigtime59
11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Glad for neither.
Watching the Yankees win is like watching a puppy get beaten to death with a sack full of gold coins.