PDA

View Full Version : how do you go about getting GU for you bday/anything?

gameu08
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
With my birthday just around the corner Im trying to get a few things from certain people but I know it could be difficult setting up things like price, item, shipping, the works. Was wondering how you guys go about asking your wifes/gfs. Do you just set it up so they give u the money or do u factor in the element of surprise kind of a silly topic but could use some pointers.....

ndevlin
11-04-2009, 03:25 PM
An ebay gift card...

Lokee
11-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Ebya gift card is good alot of the auction houses have gift certificates as well.

dcgreg25
11-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Most of my GU-related gifts are either gift cards (auction houses or ebay) or a display case / getting an item framed for me.

TriplexXxSports
11-04-2009, 04:15 PM
For my B-Day I just tell the Mrs. that I am going to buy something and her gift to me could be just be quite and let me do it.

See how that works out for you but I must warn you, I don't get much for my birthday.

Swoboda4
11-04-2009, 04:16 PM
just tell everyone you prefer a particular item(s) and want money It helps if they're familiar with your hobby knowing its going to just that. show them afterwards and the trend will be an annual event as you save them from getting a present

geoff
11-04-2009, 06:48 PM
My GirlFriend won't Buy me anything Game Used at all anymore because She thinks its all Stupid Stuff as in Her Words.Before She thought it was Stupid She bought me Brian Roberts And Kevin Millar Orioles Game Used Bats.I would go with a Ebay Certificate so you can Buy what ever you want.Good Luck.

Thanks
Geoff

mariner_gamers
11-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I used to tell her what I wanted in general. Then as the collection grew I was specific, then I started to buy my own Christmas/Birthday gifts. After about 10 years of baseball Christmas my wife clearly had enough. Now as I buy items throughout the year I keep track and when it reaches a few hundred I tell her and she buys what she wants. This seems to work a lot better and I get a lot less grief about my collection. No more baseball stuff for Christmas or birthdays.....

3arod13
11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
My GirlFriend won't Buy me anything Game Used at all anymore because She thinks its all Stupid Stuff as in Her Words.Before She thought it was Stupid She bought me Brian Roberts And Kevin Millar Orioles Game Used Bats.I would go with a Ebay Certificate so you can Buy what ever you want.Good Luck.

Thanks
Geoff

My wife thought the same thing, until I started selling some stuff and she saw what money it was brining in. She now thinks it's great!

sox83cubs84
11-04-2009, 08:48 PM
My wife and in-laws don't even CONSIDER game-used items, despite my urgings.:( The only GU I get at Christmas is from one or two collectorsd I've known a long time. Last Xmas, David Beal of North Carolina got me a Winston-Salem Warthogs jersey, that, as it turned out, was worn by the guy who is now the Sox MLB strength and conditioning coach.:D

Dave M.
Chicago area

camarokids
11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Butter her up first, give lots of lovin' then just ask really nice!!! ;)

Seriously, I tell my wife what I want and she usually lets me buy it. This past birthday she bought me a Carlos Pena 2007 GU First Baseman's mitt.