PDA

View Full Version : Commemorative MLB Plastic Cups

kellsox
11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Wondering if anyone can tell me the value(or if there is even a market for items like these). The Red Sox cups were given out at Burger Kings in 1987. The Arod/Mo Vaughn cup in 1999 in restaurants in the Boston area. Found these while going through some old boxes. Any help is appreciated.
Kelly
kelspeck@gmail.com

ironmanfan
11-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately, little to no resale value IMO......I use a cup like that ARod (Kirby Puckett is my example), to rinse my dog off when I giver her a bath....

Maybe someone would give $5 for the Red Sox lot (consider yourself fortunate if they do).

Vintagedeputy
11-04-2009, 12:14 PM
You'd get less for the Buckner cup - looks like it has a hole right through it!

:)

sox83cubs84
11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
The more recent types of stadium or promotional cups have rarely netted much more than a $1 each at small card shows I used to set up at. The first big set of cups I can recall, two different editions of MLB cups given away at 7-11s with a slurpee purchase...go for more than that, though not significantly more and with a limited market. If you're a team or player collector and get a few, they're cool...but don't plan to buy a new car (or even a used one) when you cash 'em in.:(

Dave M.
Chicago area