PDA

View Full Version : Longoria Bat Inscriptions are getting Uglier......

camarokids
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Check out his 2009 Mother's day bat and the lengthy inscription.

Not only is is written sloppy, but is just too darn long.

It should just read "Game Used 2009 Mother's Day" or just "Game Used 2009". I also do not like his printing.

His bats would look a ton nicer if he TOOK HIS TIME and wrote the inscriptions in cursive......

Also, a 2009 Mothers Day bat of his already sold earlier this year on MLB.com ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVAN-LONGORIA-MOTHERS-DAY-2009-GU-BAT-TAMPA-RAYS_W0QQitemZ180427984119QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item2a02588cf7

Also on this bat here the writing is just sloppy. Plus it is a 2008 World Series bat used in 2009.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVAN-LONGORIA-signed-09-GU-BAT-2008-WS-TAMPA-RAYS_W0QQitemZ180427984133QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item2a02588d05

How many freaking WS bats did he get?????

mariner_gamers
11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow, I agree! His signature is fantastic and those chicken scratches really detract from it.

indyred
11-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I disagree. I think the Mother's Day inscription looks awesome. Nice and bold as well. I can read every letter he put. Great looking bat

camarokids
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I disagree. I think the Mother's Day inscription looks awesome. Nice and bold as well. I can read every letter he put. Great looking bat

I think you are agreeing to disagree??? Way too much writing on the bat. If it was written in a nice cursive or even a nicer print, that would help a lot...

Here is Eva Longoria looking much better....

skyking26
11-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I disagree with original poster; I love the neatness of the inscription. It is done very well and neatly.

indyred
11-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I disagree with original poster; I love the neatness of the inscription. It is done very well and neatly.

Yep, I also like the detail he put into the inscription. With date and who they played, everything spelled out. I like the print, easy to read.

mariner_gamers
11-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Hmm, first thing I think is soooo who wrote the inscription?*

Camaro-nice pic I remember when Evan first came up. I kept seeing signed balls on ebay and my eyes read Eva every time. Eventually I had to click on one to see if she had done a major signing. Well that was my introduction to a budding young prospect......

*I am not implying in any manner that Evan did not write the inscription. I am merely stating my opinion which I am still able to do as long as I attach an asterisk with explanation. My opinions are in no way an endoresment for or against any topics said opinion was expressed about. I do not care about spelling or grammer so please correct bloggers on your local news site. Political, social views and values either expressed or implied in this post are purely coincidental. Any attempt to lure me into a discussion about politcs, social values, world perception or poetry will be met with a non-response. This disclaimer is not aimed at any one party and if it is misconstrued by said party(s) perhaps they need to post at a local political site not a game used sports memorabilia site. Opinions expressed by Mariner Gamers are his and his alone with no input from the bulldog or wife. Mariner Gamers is a philistine and feels a good taped and used Griffey Jr on the wall is superior to any Picasso.

sox83cubs84
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Never mind Evan...more pics of EVA!!!:D :D :D

Dave M.
Chicago area

skyking26
11-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Is that a mole on..........

legaleagle92481
11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
If you look at the auction, the bat was not used in the World Series but during the 2009 season. He must have had some bats left over (the Series lasted only 5 games so that is not that surprising) and used them this year for whatever reason. Personally, I like that he writes such lengthy inscriptions it is much better than other players who just write their name, game used and the year.

camarokids
11-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Never mind Evan...more pics of EVA!!!:D :D :D

Dave M.
Chicago area

You ask and you shall receive..... I really love this pic of her, so sweet looking and cute..... Scrumptiously delicious....:D

camarokids
11-04-2009, 07:26 PM
If you look at the auction, the bat was not used in the World Series but during the 2009 season. He must have had some bats left over (the Series lasted only 5 games so that is not that surprising) and used them this year for whatever reason. Personally, I like that he writes such lengthy inscriptions it is much better than other players who just write their name, game used and the year.

Sorry I was not clearer. I knew it was used in 2009. My point was how many bats did he order??? I have seen sooo many of his out there. Some used, mostly unused and signed.....

The guy is turning into another AROD Equipment Whore.....

camarokids
11-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Yep, I also like the detail he put into the inscription. With date and who they played, everything spelled out. I like the print, easy to read.

Game looks like "Gome".

The 2 in 2009, looks like a backwards C.

Boston is spelled "Buston"

To each his own, if you like it, that is your opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would like to own one of his bats from Mead. But the inscriptions are getting worse. That was my point of posting this thread.....

brianborsch
11-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Based on the pic of Longoria's WS bats hanging at the factory, he only had 5 of them (where most others had 2-3).

I have one of them unused. So there are 4 to be accounted for. And I guess now there are 3.

BB

camarokids
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Zane Burns has one WS bat of his which is unused and signed up for auction. Has had it for awhile now.

I should have kept track of the others....

GoTigers
11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Glad someone brought this up.. I was looking at that 2008 World Series bat. I tried to match it with an image I found on this site. The 5 bats to the left are Longoria 2008 W.S bats, and it dosnt match to any of them... or I would have bought it. How many did he get? We may be seeing this bats for years to come.

brianborsch
11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I have the exact bat circled in that pic of the bats hanging at the LVS factory. The used WS bat in the auction is not matching up with any of those but its close to one of them exact for the last bit of grain towards the top of the barrell. It must be legit though. And the one Zane Burns has is NOT a game issued bat as the 125 in the centerbrand is underlined. Longoria had a bunch of game model (replica) bats made with the 2008 WS branding during 2008.

This used bat in the auction and my game issued bat are the only real 2008 WS Longoria bats I have seen on the market.