PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Joba Chamberlain

3arod13
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I feel bad for Joba Chamberlain.

FILE -- In this booking photo released by the Lincoln (Neb.) Police Dept., on Monday, May 4, 2009, Jacqueline Standley is shown. The mother of New York Yankees (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/nyy/) pitcher Joba Chamberlain (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8084/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8084/news) faces up to 20 years in prison on a felony drug-sale charge. The Lincoln Journal Star reported Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2009, that Jackie Standley pleaded no contest Monday to delivery of a controlled substance in Lincoln, Neb.

ironmanfan
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I feel bad for the other motorists on the road last year when Chamberlain was busted for DUI (can anyone say "Jim Leyritz?")....Obviously, the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree in this family.

cjclong
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
There are many otherwise good people who make the mistake of driving when they are over the limit. Obviously there is an unacceptable danger to the public which is why we have laws against it. If you are judging a person there is a difference between making a mistake and being evil. Most DWI's fall in the former category. The post makes you understand why Jaba's father and mother are divorced.

otismalibu
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
She's pretty enough to date Steve Phillips.

ironmanfan
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Her mug shot still doesn't trump Mattingly's ex-wife; anyone feeling sorry for Donnie Baseball?

MLB_Authentic
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Did you know that Joba rents a condo in NYC from Jeremy Shockey? Did you also know that said Joba bounced a check to said Shockey for rent on said Condo?

Guys a winner.

STLHAMMER32
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
you can see where joba gets his good looks from.....:p

Carlevv
11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Did you know that Joba rents a condo in NYC from Jeremy Shockey? Did you also know that said Joba bounced a check to said Shockey for rent on said Condo?

Guys a winner.

Yes the guys rents a condo from Jeremy Shockey. Not sure if he bounced a check but if he did whats the big deal? Just because these guys make absurd money doesnt mean they cant make a mistake writing a bad check. Do you think Joba has his whole check deposited in his Bank of America checking account? If he did bounce a check i'd say its his finacial advisors fault for not having the proper funds in a certain account.

So pretty much what im saying is that the above comment is pretty stupid one trying to make Joba look like an idiot. I'd say yea Joba is a winner. Look at how the kid was brought up and look how far he has gotten? I applaud people who arent fortunate to have two good parents growing up who make it to the highest level of anything in life as a professional.

Carlevv
11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I feel bad for the other motorists on the road last year when Chamberlain was busted for DUI (can anyone say "Jim Leyritz?")....Obviously, the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree in this family.

Ironman Fan, are you telling me that every move you made when you were 22 or 23 (however old Joba is) was the right move? You never drove after a few beers? Him drinking and driving has nothing to do with the way his Mother chose to live her life. Clean it up. Just another dumb comment.

LastingsMilledge85
11-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Two words: WHITE TRASH

skyking26
11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
All this proves is how human all these guys are. So many people afford professional sports figures or celebs a break from wrongdoing. Does not matter if it is Joba, Tony LaRussa or a 365 day church attendee behind the wheel or writing a bad check - it is still wrong. All these guys put their pants on the same way we do. No need for a pedestal.

We we avg. Joe's commit any offense, we pay. These guys are accountable. Do I feel a bit sad for a second for Chamberlain..........not for a second.

It's just that simple. As collectors and sports lovers we all love the game. What these guys do is sometimes phenominal -- but so is a surgeon saving a life, etc. Anybody feel sorry for a surgeon lately?

Vintagedeputy
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
She's pretty enough to date Steve Phillips.

really now, you need to give a guy some warning....I spit my drink on that one. :)

3arod13
11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow! I thought there would be a little sympathy towards Jaba. Didn't realize this would turn so ugly. Ouch!

frikativ54
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
All this proves is how human all these guys are. So many people afford professional sports figures or celebs a break from wrongdoing. Does not matter if it is Joba, Tony LaRussa or a 365 day church attendee behind the wheel or writing a bad check - it is still wrong. All these guys put their pants on the same way we do. No need for a pedestal.

I couldn't agree with you more. People should be held accountable for their actions, whether they are a sports star, doctor, or taxi cab driver.

skyking26
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Wow! I thought there would be a little sympathy towards Jaba. Didn't realize this would turn so ugly. Ouch!
That was my version of sympathy...

BULBUS
11-04-2009, 09:24 AM
It was a good thing she left when he was a little kid and he was raised by his father.

I feel bad for the way that the Yankees may have ruined his baseball career. I hope we dont read about Joba in the future in a similar situation as his mother.

Vintagedeputy
11-04-2009, 11:46 AM
I can only think of one nice thing to say about the photo of Joba's mother - At the end of the night when the bar was closing up, somebody would have still taken her home with them.