PDA

View Full Version : Phillies "fan" giving signals?

Vintagedeputy
11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
There's a fan in a red shirt with white hair - he's calling signals. Rubbing his hair after each pitch, touching his nose, etc.

Do you think the Phils have a coach in the stands trying to throw the Yankees off?

Vintagedeputy
11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Forgot to add - he's in the first row behind hme plate, just to the left.

yanks12025
11-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Or what about all the fans that are waving the white rags in the stands. Don't they know that white is the sign of surrendering.

Vintagedeputy
11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I figured it out - since the pitching change, the guy hasnt moved.

Burnett was tipping his pitches and this guy was calling them. He must have been relaying the info. He's a Phillies scout or coach or something....

cheatin bastards!

frikativ54
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
cheatin bastards!

Cheating is kind of a loaded term. Everybody in baseball looks for whatever advantage he can get. Stealing signs is as much a part of the game as stealing second.

Bondsgloves
11-02-2009, 09:38 PM
JUst ask Bill Belichick about stealing signs.

Rboitano
11-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Maybe they should WALK Utley! Wow, the guy behind him cant make any contact.

metsbats
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
He was at game 3 too wearing a retro road jersey.

Why didn't Girardi pinch run for Matsui and steal 2nd to avoid the DP last night??

I think the Boss order a home field celebration.

What a fitting way to end an inaugural season and christen the new Yankee stadium with some bubblely:D

skyking26
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
At this stage, it is all rather mute anymore. The Phils score need to score 8 runs just to stay "alive" and have Chase Utley to thank or they'd all be home thinking about 2010...

That said, heading to Yankee Stadium with everything in NY's favor is not much consolation... It'll be over soon with NY getting their 27th.

BTW, where is Ryan Howard? Did he decide he did too much in the other Series' and decide to take a break? It's cool enough in the fall that the fans do not need the extra breeze from his strikeouts...

metsbats
11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
That brings up an interesting scenario. If Utley continues his hot streak and is the only offense the Phillies have for a game 6 or 7 what are his chances of being the WS MVP.

Bobby Richardson in the 1960 WS series was the WS MVP and he played for the losing team these same NY Yankees.

markize
11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
That brings up an interesting scenario. If Utley continues his hot streak and is the only offense the Phillies have for a game 6 or 7 what are his chances of being the WS MVP.

Bobby Richardson in the 1960 WS series was the WS MVP and he played for the losing team these same NY Yankees.

David,

Im guessing they will give it to Jeter rather than Utley.

mark

STLHAMMER32
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM

I think Utley wins it if he continues the hot streak...hell even if he doesnt..Yanks don't really have clear cut fave. Who could they give it to Johnny Damon maybe? I am not a big fan of giving it to a losing team's player but...what utley is doing is remarkable...he's doing it with class, i might add.

mariner_gamers
11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
There is no way I would sit in the stands and tip signs for the Phillies. Lose and Phillies fans will kick your ass for not tipping the pitches good enough. "Hey, hey numbnuts, great job tipping signs you ass....."