PDA

View Full Version : Swisher and Tex Yankee Bats

tone1316
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Just looking for some answers here guys... does anyone know why neither of these player bats from this year have hit the market??? Or have I just missed them.... I would think that atleast Steiner, or Steiner re sellers would have some examples??? Just curious.. and if you do know where they are.. let me know...

yanks12025
11-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I have seen two Tex bats and they were around $1,600. Which is way to much for his bats in my mind.

legaleagle92481
11-02-2009, 01:12 AM
If there are some there are not many. I recall seeing a Tex on Ebay awhile back. It is the same thing with Matsui and he has been on the team since before the Yankees-Steiner partnership even started. With Tex I have seen several MLB or team certified bats from his days with the Rangers and Braves. Last year (about 6 months after he was traded to the Angels and after he became a Yankee) I was able to pick a Braves one up on MLB.com for $450, who knows more could end up there in the future.

Masimen
11-02-2009, 01:41 AM
I have noticed this as well and I am guessing that Steiner is hoarding them and once the World Series is over then they will release them at an incredible premium. Could be wrong, but that my 2 cents.

thomecollector
11-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I have noticed that there are a lot of players bats with MLB Holograms already on them. They're placed about 1/2 way on the bat. I have seen them on a bunch of bats the past few games. They must be going to list them as World Series game used bats.....

spartakid
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I've noticed the holos as well, I don't think I've ever seen it before on a bat.