PDA

View Full Version : Found a new Sports Website......

camarokids
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Murf Denny? I bought some Steelers pennants from him off of eBay and was given his website address.

www.murfandpat.com is the site.

Has anyone bought from him before? How was your experience?

Hey ChicagoGlen, they have a lot of White Sox stuff....

both-teams-played-hard
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Old School. Very reputable. I think he is a forum member.

sox83cubs84
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
The White Sox stuff is nearly all consignment stuff, and the owner (from my area, and who I know) has such high asking prices that, when Murf's reasonable consignment fee is added on, the jerseys are well past normal values.

As far as Murf himself goes, he's been at it for decades, and is as sociable and decent a guy as you'll find on the dealer's side of the show booth. He also has a huge collection of (and sells) patches, both originals and replicas. He's a guy who you can trust to tell you which is which.

Dave M.
Chicago area

chakes89
11-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks for posting about this site.

I have never seen it before and he has a few things that I like.

cohibasmoker
11-02-2009, 08:17 AM
I remember Murf from the old Philadelphia/Valley Forge days. Murf and some other dealers used to get a Motel room next to convention site that was connected by a common parking lot. As you walked through the parking lot, dealers would leave the trunks of their cars and motel room doors open. There were probably as many deals made outside as there were inside the show. It got to a point where hot dog carts were set-up outside. It was a great time.

Murf is a stand-up guy.

Jim

LEGEND33
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks to Murf I started my collection many years ago (my first game used item was a Derek Smith - Sacramento Kings jersey) , i saved his catalogues that he sent mountly to me in Italy; also he accepted to sent to me items i won on auction that do not deliver to my country ....if you are on line on this forum..: THANKS MURF !!!!!

camarokids
11-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

I ordered a Gary Matthews 1980 Rawlings from him with tons of use. Another addition to my growing Braves collection.

I am up to seven Braves bats now......

camarokids
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

I ordered a Gary Matthews 1980 Rawlings from him with tons of use. Another addition to my growing Braves collection.

I am up to seven Braves bats now......

I received the bat today, super fast shipping and item exactly as listed.

Thanks Murf!!!

TAFKADixie
11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
As stated, Murf has been around forever. I used to receive his huge catalogs through the mail and would spend hours going through them looking for that elusive Clemson jersey. I'm glad he has his inventory on his website though it does need some serious tweaking.

A) There should be a search engine
B) I wish he'd seperate his game used stuff from the replicas, authentics, patches, etc.

Sincityson
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Murph is an excellent guy to deal with! I have nothing but good things to say abouthis service, it's simply top notch! I just wish they had photos of all the items on their website..