PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

nationals2k9
10-28-2009, 11:10 PM
This amazing bat was made in late May of 2008 and used last year all the way through the World Series and into this season! And they'll ship it to you in a rocket! It must have a million ballmarks on it by now!

Funny how 3 Utley Marucci "gamers" are on Ebay the same night he hits 2HR. The bats could very well be game used but some of the descriptions are simply trying to yank on people's emotions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130339948034&Category=60596&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

ndevlin
10-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Funny how 3 Utley Marucci "gamers" are on Ebay the same night he hits 2HR. The bats could very well be game used but some of the descriptions are simply trying to yank on people's emotions.

Thats called good selling tactics.

sctizzle
10-29-2009, 06:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Chase-Utley-Game-Used-Bat-MLB-auth-World-Series-Yr_W0QQitemZ290364560740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item439b139564

Is mine, and yes, I know it is a bit high, but I have it set to accept lower offers...

Hopefully no one thinks I am misleading in my description as I stated everything I know about this bat and tried to describe it accurately.
I purchased the bat directly from the Phillies at game 5 of the NLCS, along with two other Utleys and a Werth, Feliz, Ibanez and Ruiz. All were game used with MLB hologram and were part of the maple study last season. I have been meaning to put this bat on ebay since I got it, but did not have time to do so. Watching the Yankees last night was putting me to sleep so I figured that was a good time to list it..Plus it didn't hurt that Utley had just homered for a second time.

If any forum members are interested in this bat and would like more photos that are larger, please e-mail me at sjnyr@aol.com

Scott

b.heagy
10-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Scott is awesome to deal with. He is happy to answer questions and is an extremly fast shipper. Bought a Werth bat from him and it was on my porch two days later.

nationals2k9
10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm not questioning the authenticity here, I just think it's funny that the auction I posted says the bat was used all of last year in to this year. That's obviously impossible. And yeah, it's easier to sell when the WS is on people's minds.

Scott's bat is fine. I had a couple MLB test bats myself and agree with what's said. Not trying to cause a stir!

legaleagle92481
10-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Has anyone seen a shaved handle like the one in the auction in question on an Utley? I have seen three all MLB authenticated none of which had that.

sctizzle
10-29-2009, 12:58 PM
One of the 3 Utley's I bought from the Phillies has a shaved handle, which is MLB certified. If you search Getty, you will find he shaved some of the handles last year and this year, and also used some with tape on the handle also...I will try to post a few photos of the other Utley I have...

sctizzle
10-29-2009, 01:04 PM
http://s3i.dotphoto.com/iF9FB4DCB-690D-4EFD-AE4F-A91C7A2C6F98.jpg
From the top: Pedro Feliz, Jayson Werth (Bill now owns), Jayson Werth, Carlos Ruiz, Raul Ibanez and the 3 Chase Utleys. As you can see, the top Utley has a shaved handle...

nationals2k9
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, he's used a shaved handled bat the entire playoffs from what I remember though they aren't super common in the hobby... nice bats!!