PDA

View Full Version : Reds Fest '09 question

Sincityson
10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I know it's about a month and 1 week or so away.. Anyone know if they'll possibly have any older (pre 2005) game jerseys or '08 or '09 spring training jerseys available? and what were the prices generally like?

sCs

indyred
10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I know it's about a month and 1 week or so away.. Anyone know if they'll possibly have any older (pre 2005) game jerseys or '08 or '09 spring training jerseys available? and what were the prices generally like?

sCs

I doubt you will see any pre-2005 game jerseys. But you will see a ton of 2008 and 2009 spring training jerseys I bet. I know last year they had a entire rack from 08, I doubt they sold them all. They started at $50 for most players and more for what Reds think are better. What they don't sell the previous year they bring back the next year of lower end guys. The game used regular jerseys start at $75 up.
I doubt you will see anything Bruce, Votto, Volquez in game used stuff. Also Bronson Arroyo has rock star status at Redsfest, you would think he wins cy young award every year. Never see his game used stuff and his autograph lines are as big if not bigger than Bruce and Votto.

5kRunner
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Bronson Arroyo has rock star status at Redsfest

Pun intended? LOL. :D

LWMM
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Would anyone who is going be willing to keep an eye out for game used Jonny Gomes items (bats, jerseys, whatever else)? If so, please email me and we can work out the details.

c_u_l_1@yahoo.com

skyking26
10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Pun intended? LOL. :D
Enjoyed talking to you today Scott....

RK

5kRunner
10-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Enjoyed talking to you today Scott....

RK

Me too, Robert. It is always nice to discuss the hobby with a fellow collector. I look forward to more conversations.

Chris78
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know if the Reds sell any Locker Room Nameplates at Redfest?

Chris

indyred
10-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know if the Reds sell any Locker Room Nameplates at Redfest?

Chris

I don't recall ever seeing them before. But never went looking for them. They do have a bunch of regular season jerseys home, road alts, spring training jerseys, lots bats (some even have mlb authenticated holograms on them), lots helmets and some caps. If you are a game used collector and Reds fan. Doesn't get any better than Redsfest. If you go thinking your getting Jay Bruce/Joey Votto/ stuff, you have to be first in line to get a crack at it and just hope they even put any stuff from them out. I believe they save their stuff for auctions.
I still have never seen or heard what the Reds did with those CAMO jerseys they used over 4th July weekend 2 years ago. They were sweet. Maybe they will sell those gamers this year.

chakes89
10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
The Reds have already sold at least one of the Camo Jerseys.

There was a Matt Belisle Camo jersey on eBay not too long along

It sold for $270 or something around that price

murfsteve25
10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Redsfest is deff not the place to go if your looking for game used items of the top stars. I've gotten lucky a few times, after Votto's rookie season they had a few of his bats out. I also was able to pick up a real nice Ryan Freel bat (I know he's not a star, but he's a fan favorite)

indyred
10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
The Reds have already sold at least one of the Camo Jerseys.

There was a Matt Belisle Camo jersey on eBay not too long along

It sold for $270 or something around that price

Not a bad price, anyone have a link to the auction.

Dodgers101
10-31-2009, 12:13 AM
If there is any Balentien stuff I'd be interested. If anyone picks up an extra bat or jersey of his let me know.

Thanks, John

chakes89
10-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Who all on here is going?

I may not go this year. I may be starting up a new job and I am just sick and tired getting screwed every year.

But If I do go, I will be leaving early on Friday morning so I can get a good spot in line.

jbsportstuff
11-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I will definetly be going both days. My son is very excited. I just wish that they had more BRM everyday players. They do have some decent players from the 1990 squad though.

Sincityson
11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Jbsportstuff, if you can send me an email at https://s.yimg.com/lq/i/reg/idhelpr_guru_happy.gif @
yahoo.comymail.comrocketmail.com
: route67@ymail.com , there was an item or two I was looking for yet won't be around to check it out this year. Let me know, I'd certainly pay up in advance..

I will definetly be going both days. My son is very excited. I just wish that they had more BRM everyday players. They do have some decent players from the 1990 squad though.

Sincityson
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Anyone else here attending the redsfest? I'd like to attend but my work schedule won't accomodate it. I wanted to pick up 1 or 2 less common jerseys, if anyone can help me out, I'll cover the costs prior, etc.. Let me know:)

SCS

route67@ymail.com

chrisolds
11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd be interested in any Andy Phillips jerseys with his name on it. (He wore No. 46.)

Chris Olds

colds@beckett.com

chakes89
11-23-2009, 09:05 PM
I will be going this year.

Can't believe it's only a week and a half away!

I can't wait!

Sincityson
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Chakes89 - did you get the email I sent you before? Let me know..

ScS

I will be going this year.

Can't believe it's only a week and a half away!

I can't wait!

Manram
11-24-2009, 01:20 AM
If anyone picks up a helmet send me an email

chakes89
11-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Chakes89 - did you get the email I sent you before? Let me know..

ScS
Im not sure.

You can resend if you want.

chakes89@yahoo.com

Sincityson
11-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey, Just sent ya an email..

Im not sure.

chakes89@yahoo.com

Sincityson
11-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Chakes - did the email go through?

Im not sure.

chakes89@yahoo.com

chakes89
11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
It didn't go to my inbox

I will check my spam folder

chakes89
11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Just found it

Will send reply shortly

Sincityson
11-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Chakes!

Anyone else here attending?

ScS

chakes89
11-28-2009, 11:31 PM
So what is everyone hoping to find at Redsfest this year?

I would like to get some stuff from the following players if possible:

Jonny Gomes
Adam Rosales
Chris Heisey
Corky Miller
Drew Stubbs (Maybe)
Wily Taveras (Maybe)

And some other stuff depending on what I can get my hands on.

Sincityson
11-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Anyone else here attending later this week? There's gotta be a few more:)

Chakes - did you see the Lynchburg Hillcatsgame jerseys for sale? I have the update on my twitter page

chakes89
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Nope

The Reds aren't in Lynchburg until next season so I won't be going after any of them

ham1963
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
I am looking for a couple of game-used bats if some one could e-mail me that is going. Here is my e-mail baseball3000@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
John

Sincityson
11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Likewise.. If any GUU members are attending & can email me, I wanted to inquire about 2 jerseys and I can certainly pay prior, cover your time, etc.. I'd drive down there but my work schedule won't permit it. Any possible help would be great!

route67@ymail.com

ScS

chakes89
11-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Early Weather reports are calling for Snow in the Cincy area Thursday and Friday

Hope this doesn't affect travel plans for those that are going

murfsteve25
11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Early Weather reports are calling for Snow in the Cincy area Thursday and Friday

Hope this doesn't affect travel plans for those that are going

Prolly wont affect travel plans for the fans who will be attending, but you can bet a few players wont be able to make it. :rolleyes:

tknorm
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I am 50-50 on attending, but I hope to. I would have my 6 yr old with me, so it is mostly up to her. We'll see how patient she is with the memorabilia crowds.

I am looking for a B45 bat. I know Rosales uses them, so hopefully there will be some cheaper ones there...

LWMM
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
By the way, do the Reds have team issued cards or players that they use for signings? I'd be happy to pay for one of Jonny Gomes if so (signed or unsigned).

c_u_l_1@yahoo.com

jbsportstuff
12-02-2009, 03:03 PM
By the way, do the Reds have team issued cards or players that they use for signings? I'd be happy to pay for one of Jonny Gomes if so (signed or unsigned).

c_u_l_1@yahoo.com

Gomes isn't going to be at REDSFEST. I'm not sure why he isn't, but he's not on the schedule.

notxpensv4u
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Have a great time guys!!!! First year we will miss due to cheer competition in Columbus. My daughter was upset because she was going to miss. Check out the link from last years Reds Fest. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=21225&highlight=reds+fest Words of wisdom-Get there early to get in line. If your not going to Community Fund sale go as fast as you can to Autograph A line. They usually have the best player there first. Have fun take some pics and be careful.

LWMM
12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Gomes isn't going to be at REDSFEST. I'm not sure why he isn't, but he's not on the schedule.

I saw that he isn't on the list, but could he be a last minute additon?

chakes89
12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Gomes probably isn't there becase he technically isn't a Red right now

They haven't offered him arbitration yet.

chakes89
12-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Redsfest is tomorrow and Im starting to get really excited

How early is everyone getting there?

I should be leaving my house around Noon and I live about an hour or so away so I should be getting there no later than 1:30 and will get in line as soon as possible.

I hope I can find at least one decent thing there to make the trip worthwhile.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND GO REDS!!!

murfsteve25
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I live on the other side of the world so i will be missing it.....:(

But if anyone can take some pics and post em that would be really cool!

geoff
12-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Pics of The Event would be nice to see also if anyone is taking any.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

notxpensv4u
12-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Autograph A line when doors open will probably have Barry Larkin. Heard from a good source. Good luck guys!!!

jbsportstuff
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Where will the REDS Game used equipment be? I saw pictures of this from last year and would like to know what the area is called.

notxpensv4u
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
REDS COMMUNITY FUND
There will be dealers there selling there own Reds game used also but be ready to pay some high prices.

Sincityson
12-04-2009, 02:54 PM
jbsportstuff - did you get my email earlier today? let me know.. thanks!

Where will the REDS Game used equipment be? I saw pictures of this from last year and would like to know what the area is called.

notxpensv4u
12-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Follow Redsfest as it happens with pics from people there
www.twitter.com/cincinnatireds (http://www.twitter.com/cincinnatireds)

pietraynor
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Just got back from Redsfest, disappointing as far as game used/worn items in my opinion. Bats, mostly cracked from $25 to $100 or more; hats from $20-50; Jerseys from $50 (BP/Spring) to $300 (Civil Rights); A small assortment of batting helmets ($50). Signed Player Banners (large-$200-250)..picked up 3 jerseys & a bat..Just a handful of the Reds Civil Rights jerseys (Weathers, etc), the BB Civil Rights Jersey was $250 I believe..blank Civil Rights jerseys were around that price as well. Couple pairs of signed pants ($25 commons). They did kick loose some of the Joe Nuxhall tribute Opening Day jerseys, believe they were priced around $200. A handful of Votto & Bruce bats. Most of the bats showed good use, but were cracked badly. I was among the first 5 in the RCF Game Used area. Kudos to the club for at least offering fans a chance at the game used/worn items. Jay.

chakes89
12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
What did you get?

chakes89
12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Got back from Redsfest about an hour ago.

Was one of the first 15-20 people into the RCF Game Used Area.

Good selection this year. Actually got stuff that I wanted for once

Picked up 2 Jay Bruce bats and 1 Jonny Gomes bat. And I actually put 1 Bruce bat back because it was too busted up for my liking.

I also bought 4 of the mystery jersey grab bags that were $40 each and got 4 game used jerseys.

Here is what I got from the bags:

-Matt Belisle 2008 Game Used Home Jersey with the Nuxy patch that has great use.
-Rheal Cormier 2007 Game Used Home Jersey (More than likely Game Issued because the year tags are crisp)
-Todd Coffey 2007 Game Used Home Jersey (More than likely Game Issued just like the Cormier. Year tags are crisp and look brand new)
-Tom Hume Old-Style Black BP Jersey from a few years ago (Tag is almost gone from all the washings.)

BTW, did anyone else see the big pile of stuff next to the registers?

Two guys came in at about 5pm and I overheard the older one of the twp guys say to one of the workers, "You guys do great work."

Looks like the workers cherry picked the game used stuff and set stuff aside for this guy before the doors opened. Im getting sick and tired of this crap. I saw Bruce bats, Votto bats, other bats, 20-25 jerseys and a handful of batting helmets.

Im going to send someone at the RCF an email about this. I hope others do the same thing

BPH32
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh man not again this year. That's BS. If you are talking about the large pile of jerseys and bats in the corner by the register then that was my stuff (that's the only stack I saw so I am sure it was). My son and I drove 3 hours and stood in line for 3 1/2 hours to buy things just like you could have. Nobody put anything aside or "cherry picked" anything for us. We were one of the first few people in there and we got in a few minutes after 4:00 not 5:00 like you say. We found it all ourselves and you sure as heck never heard me say "You guys do great work" to any workers. So if your getting tired of it then get your rear down there early and spend the money like we do. You ain't barred ! We spend a lot of money with the Reds every year and they are happy to see us but they don't give us any breaks other than allow me to stack some things behind the table because we (usually my wife and I) can't carry it around. Nope what you said is not true. I think you said basically the same thing last year, that people got in before the doors opened and got all the good stuff, that wasn't true either. Another great conspiracy theory shot down.

Kim Stigall
Ball Park Heroes

Sincityson
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone know if they re-stock the game used items, jerseys, bats etc.. on Saturday?

sCs

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
12-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh man not again this year. That's BS. If you are talking about the large pile of jerseys and bats in the corner by the register then that was my stuff (that's the only stack I saw so I am sure it was). My son and I drove 3 hours and stood in line for 3 1/2 hours to buy things just like you could have. Nobody put anything aside or "cherry picked" anything for us. We were one of the first few people in there and we got in a few minutes after 4:00 not 5:00 like you say. We found it all ourselves and you sure as heck never heard me say "You guys do great work" to any workers. So if your getting tired of it then get your rear down there early and spend the money like we do. You ain't barred ! We spend a lot of money with the Reds every year and they are happy to see us but they don't give us any breaks other than allow me to stack some things behind the table because we (usually my wife and I) can't carry it around. Nope what you said is not true. I think you said basically the same thing last year, that people got in before the doors opened and got all the good stuff, that wasn't true either. Another great conspiracy theory shot down.

Kim Stigall
Ball Park Heroes

My wife and I saw you there if that was your stuff you put behind the register. I think as we were looking through stuff my wife seen one of you going through things on racks and my wife said "wow are you really buying all of that?" Looks like you got some good stuff congrats. We got in about 4:05 pm and there was one bruce bat left but it was torn apart tape all over it so I passed on it. Ended up picking up a Rosales B45 bat. I have to ask did you happen to get any Chris Valaika items there? I didnt see any there.

BPH32
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes that was me and I remember her saying that. Some of the bats we got were pretty trashed but we did get some good stuff which we will be listing and my brother is great at repairing cracked bats. Really, compared to other teams we buy from, there isn't much as far as better players but still worth while to go (I hope). Didn't see anything on Valaika but interestingly there were some AFL jerseys from this year which, I am told, included a Mike Leake which we didn't get. We did get a Boxberger and Cozart. I am a big Reds fan and follow them closely so I love Redsfest. There seemed to be a large crowd this year !
Kim

kellsox
12-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Kim-
Did you manage to pick up an Arroyo bat? If so, please drop me a line -
kelspeck@gmail.com
thanks
k

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
12-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes that was me and I remember her saying that. Some of the bats we got were pretty trashed but we did get some good stuff which we will be listing and my brother is great at repairing cracked bats. Really, compared to other teams we buy from, there isn't much as far as better players but still worth while to go (I hope). Didn't see anything on Valaika but interestingly there were some AFL jerseys from this year which, I am told, included a Mike Leake which we didn't get. We did get a Boxberger and Cozart. I am a big Reds fan and follow them closely so I love Redsfest. There seemed to be a large crowd this year !

Kim

Very nice do you plan on selling the Cozart anytime soon?

pietraynor
12-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Kim..quick question when you get a chance..what style or color were the AFL jerseys? I picked up a Leake at the sale..thanks in advance, Jay.

AWA85
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
pietraynor.... any way you would be sell or maybe work out a trade for the Leake jersey? AWA85@live.com

Thanks

chakes89
12-05-2009, 04:10 PM

Kim Stigall
Ball Park Heroes
If that is true then I am sorry for calling you out. But I know what I heard.

BPH32
12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Kim..quick question when you get a chance..what style or color were the AFL jerseys? I picked up a Leake at the sale..thanks in advance, Jay.
They are both road Cool base without year or Property of Cincinnati Reds tags.

chakes89
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Did anybody see any Chris Heisey or Yonder Alonso stuff?

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
12-05-2009, 10:23 PM
They are both road Cool base without year or Property of Cincinnati Reds tags.

Do you know if you will be selling the Cozart anytime soon?

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
12-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Did anybody see any Chris Heisey or Yonder Alonso stuff?

Nope, I was on the hunt for those items too.

chakes89
12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Did you get anything ValaikaCollector?

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
12-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Did you get anything ValaikaCollector?

No only thing I got was a Rosales B45 bat

tknorm
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
ah, there is the B45 I was looking for.

We were in and out of that area as it does not seem to hold the interest of a 6 year old girl so much... I did get a Daryle Ward two-tone Sam and a Mike Cameron 1999 Louisville Slugger, so it worked out. I would be curious to see pix of the B45 and how much they had it for. Thx!

TomTimmerman
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Congrats TK on the Cameron bat. Can't believe that was still around. Or did you get it from one of the dealers? We didn't make it this year.

I'd be interested in a Civil Rights Game jersey if anyone has one.

Thanks,
Tom
timmermant
at
gmail.com

tknorm
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Tom T,

Yes, the Cam bat came from a dealer. the Sam bat came from the ereds Community Fund area.

Maybe next year you can make it!

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
ah, there is the B45 I was looking for.

We were in and out of that area as it does not seem to hold the interest of a 6 year old girl so much... I did get a Daryle Ward two-tone Sam and a Mike Cameron 1999 Louisville Slugger, so it worked out. I would be curious to see pix of the B45 and how much they had it for. Thx!

I got it for $50 and I put a pic of it on my website if you click on it, its towards the bottom.

tknorm
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for posting the picture. Congrats!

chakes89
12-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Did anybody else pick anything up?

I will put up some pics of the stuff that I got later today.

jshortt
12-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Did anybody else pick anything up?

I will put up some pics of the stuff that I got later today.

Here's my list:
Pedro Viola road grey (worn in his debut, had him confirm & inscribe it)
Mike Leake road grey AFL
Todd Frazier #87 no name s.t.
Janish home and road
Kepp home 08
Masset road grey
Burton home
Hairston home
Edwin home
Freel 07 road
Owings home
blank Civil Rights jersey size 50
Gomes Max bat
Dickerson Max 'We Play Green'
LVS 125th:
Dickerson
Nix
Taveras
Hanigan
Hairston
Hernandez
McDonald
Edwin

chakes89
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Nice.

I thought about getting some of the 125th bats but I don't have much more room for all of those

That Dickerson Max bat was cool. I picked up that up like 3-4 times and almost bought it.

Does your Gomes have a big handle crack and a lot of pine tar?

chakes89
12-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Here are the bats that I got at Redsfest:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/chakes89/006-7.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/chakes89/007-3.jpg

Here is a Jay Bruce bat that I got last week:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/chakes89/010-6.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/chakes89/013-4.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/chakes89/012-2.jpg

Dave4Reds
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I had a great time at the Fest this year and was able to pick up a few things. As for game used, I got a Rosales Sunday alternate jersey and Hannigan home one. Both are 2009 versions. Also picked up a Hannigan LV 125th bat. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

I noticed that several of the jersey tags said "Tier 2". What's that mean? Second set?

jshortt
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Dave,

The "Tier 2" just refers to their pricing level. Just an easy Community Fund checkout code.

-Josh

Sincityson
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Anyone know if the white home and alt red jerseys only in coolbase now? from what I can tell, all the grey away jerseys still regular 0062's..

scs

Dave4Reds
12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
SCS - The 2009 alt red jersey I picked up was cool base, but the 2009 white home jersey was not.

Josh - thanks.

notxpensv4u
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Great looking Bruce bats!!! Gomes bat is nice!!! Anybody stand in line to get a autograph? I heard Chris Sabo walked away during pictures.

Dave4Reds
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Sabo apparently had a little too much to drink and got into a shoving match with Oester. He was asked to leave but then came back and signed some autographs.

Overall the lines were what you would expect. Votto and Bruce and a few others were incredibly long. The older guys were reasonable... and IMHO more personable.

jbsportstuff
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
By far the MOST ridiculous line was Larkin. I got in line an hour and five minutes before he was supposed to sign and we got shut out. There were several people letting in others ahead of us. We literally moved like 30-40 feet in 2 hours. That was just crazy. The Reds didn't handle Larkin's singing very well at all.

Rosales was awesome. The older guys were tremendous as well. Brandon Phillips, Harang, Bronson were very good as well.

I didn't see one bad signer while I was there. Lou P showed up 20 minutes late and cut short his sign time....but other than that...it was smooth sailing.

indyred
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM

What was deal with this bat? Any pictures of it

jshortt
12-08-2009, 08:11 AM

What was deal with this bat? Any pictures of it

Indy, it's a MAX Bat with a green logo sticker, and the name of Dickerson's recycling initiative "We Play Green" under his name on the nameplate. I know there weren't a whole bunch of them made, and I think there may have been two in the whole group of bats.

-Josh

Sincityson
12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I know in 2008, they used the regular 0062 & the coolbase for the white home jerseys, yet how did it work in 2009, did the team also use both versions for home, away, and the alt ? I'm not sure I've even ever seen a coolbase gray away jersey.

SCS - The 2009 alt red jersey I picked up was cool base, but the 2009 white home jersey was not.

Josh - thanks.

jshortt
12-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I know in 2008, they used the regular 0062 & the coolbase for the white home jerseys, yet how did it work in 2009, did the team also use both versions for home, away, and the alt ? I'm not sure I've even ever seen a coolbase gray away jersey.

I have a Cool Base road grey Adam Rosales from last year, and bought Janish, Viola, Masset, and Leake Cool Base road greys at Redsfest this year. I also put back a Hairston 2009 Cool Base road grey. Not sure if there is a true rotation or not, but for now, it seems to be player preference.

-Josh

jshortt
12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
P.S. I'm not sure I've seen a regular poly-knit Sunday jersey since the old style (2006 and before). They all seem to be Cool Base now.

-Josh