PDA

View Full Version : Girardi was right on this one

cjclong
10-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Before the game yesterday the Fox "experts" were saying Girardi had made a terrible mistake in starting Petite and the Yankees were going to lose. Of course Girardi was right. If Girardi had started Sabathia there was no guarantee that he would win. And if he lost the Yankees would have been facing Lackey the Angles ace in game 7 with their number two or three pticher. This way the Yankees got the best of both worlds as Sabathia is ready to go in game one of the World Series. Ahd with all the crticism of Girardi what would people have said if he had done what Sicosicia did in birnging in Kasmir who had hot pitched any in relief in a number of years to try to keep the deficit at one run while leaving his set up men and closer on the bench. I guess Girardi is not the only one who isn't perfect, but you would never know it from the comments.

camarokids
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Before the game yesterday the Fox "experts" were saying Girardi had made a terrible mistake in starting Petite and the Yankees were going to lose. Of course Girardi was right. If Girardi had started Sabathia there was no guarantee that he would win. And if he lost the Yankees would have been facing Lackey the Angles ace in game 7 with their number two or three pticher. This way the Yankees got the best of both worlds as Sabathia is ready to go in game one of the World Series. Ahd with all the crticism of Girardi what would people have said if he had done what Sicosicia did in birnging in Kasmir who had hot pitched any in relief in a number of years to try to keep the deficit at one run while leaving his set up men and closer on the bench. I guess Girardi is not the only one who isn't perfect, but you would never know it from the comments.

Boy, the Angels screwed up so many times during the series. Kazmir looked terrible. Can anyone say choke???

One thing about managers is they only make the decisions. It is up to the players to actually perform and do well.

I think both mgs. made a good decision not to mess with their rotations....