PDA

View Full Version : What's a Mets fan to do?

LastingsMilledge85
10-25-2009, 11:06 PM
The worst World Series for a Mets fan, who to root for? Me, there is no question, I am rooting for the Phillies. The reason, I HATE the Yankees, and maybe another Phillies WS title, will finally wake up the Mets and they will actually compete next season. The Mets need some fire going into next season, and maybe back-to-back titles for the Phillies can start that fire.

BULBUS
10-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Gotta love the Mets fans :D

Go Yankees ! ! ! ! !

bigtime59
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Once the Yankee$ have wrapped up the final stage of their purchase of the 2009 World Series trophy, will any of the other MLB owners finally be roused to do something about the sport's appalling revenue "sharing" system?
Not as long as they're all still making a profit, no.

metsbats
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I will go on record and say I'm rooting for the Yankees. The Mets-Phillies rivalry is more real than the Met-Yankees rivarly especially with the trash talking over the last two season between the two teams.

I'd like the Yankees to win to bring the WS trophy back to NY and keep it from going back to Philadelphia for a 2nd year in a row.

Either way though it's a win-win situation because one of these teams will go home a loser.

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Just sitting back and watching the Yankee haters stew over their success makes me so happy!

GO YANKEES!

3arod13
10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Go Yankees!

bigtime59
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Just sitting back and watching the Yankee haters stew over their success makes me so happy!

GO YANKEES!

You know, they could simply have called up the vendor, bought the trophy for about a grand, and used the half a billion dollars they spent on free agents this season doing something like feeding other rich people caviar.

gingi79
10-26-2009, 07:24 PM
As a Braves fan, rooting ot the Phillies or the Mets is like french kissing your sister and learning you like it.

However, the only reason the Braves didn't win the 96, 98 and 99 Series is the Yankees. So rroting for them is like sleeping with your first cousin.

Somehow, I'd rather be Gay :cool: Is it possible they just tie?:D

yanks12025
10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
You know, they could simply have called up the vendor, bought the trophy for about a grand, and used the half a billion dollars they spent on free agents this season doing something like feeding other rich people caviar.

Will you ever stop with your stupid comments.

bigtime59
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Will you ever stop with your stupid comments.

The day after MLB institutes a proper and fair revenue sharing system, with pleasure.
BTW, questions end with this symbol: ?. Just a heads up for ya.

LastingsMilledge85
10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry but there is no Mets-Phillies rivalry. The Mets are just awful and the Phillies just compete. Now a Phillies-Braves/Marlins rivalry is more logical, but face it the Mets didn't compete last season ending the rivalry for me. Plus I really like Jayson Werth so that goes into my decision making. Phils in 6, Werth is WS MVP.:D

metsbats
10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
You know while watching the game tonight I'm rather enjoying seeing the Yankees powerless against Cliff Lee and the PHillies. Perhaps I may have to rethink and retrack my original statement in this post.:D

I thought I'd like to see the Phillies lose but I think I 'm enjoying it more seeing the Yankees lose now.

3arod13
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM
You know while watching the game tonight I'm rather enjoying seeing the Yankees powerless against Cliff Lee and the PHillies. Perhaps I may have to rethink and retrack my original statement in this post.:D

I thought I'd like to see the Phillies lose but I think I 'm enjoying it more seeing the Yankees lose now.

It's late...go to bed :)

yanks12025
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM

World series don't end in 1 game. Yankees will come back tomorrow night and win but without Swisher in the line up i hope. He's a total joke.

LastingsMilledge85
10-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Tonight even when Cheeseburger Cheeseburger was still in, the Phillies (Utley) looked as if they were on another level than the Yankees. *Prediction* Pedro will come through tomorrow and Burnett will get rocked and blame it on Posada (again).

skyking26
10-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I like the momentum.

Phils made Game 1 look easy; and I like Pedro starting Game 2...

Keep rolling Phils...

Swoboda4
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
You root for the Phillies because I hate the Yankees more than the Phillies. Correct ,there is no Philly-Mets rivallry. But there is a Mets vs Yankees thing and it's real. Actually it has a lot to do with the yankee fans who are like rich kids with a big drunk mouth.
Anyone who's been to a Mets-Yankee game has to admit there's more energy than a Mets/Philly game.

LastingsMilledge85
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I love how Pedro, for some reason, still has his heart set with the Mets.

suave1477
10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Tonight even when Cheeseburger Cheeseburger was still in, the Phillies (Utley) looked as if they were on another level than the Yankees. *Prediction* Pedro will come through tomorrow and Burnett will get rocked and blame it on Posada (again).

Molina is catching Burnett

LastingsMilledge85
10-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Molina is catching Burnett

Then it will be Molina's fault:D . That really takes a bat out of their lineup though. I rather risk Posada, he has been great for years, and can't stand the fact that Burnett's troubles are always his fault. Never before have pitchers complained about Jorge. Burnett, has got to get a grip.

suave1477
10-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Then it will be Molina's fault:D . That really takes a bat out of their lineup though. I rather risk Posada, he has been great for years, and can't stand the fact that Burnett's troubles are always his fault. Never before have pitchers complained about Jorge. Burnett, has got to get a grip.

What they normally do is keep molina in as long as Burnett is in and once they pull Burnett out they pull Molina out.

I am a huge Posada fan but a bit dissapointed in him past couple of games including WS Game 1. It is not like him to not, get some more hits or at least hit a HR.:(

yanks12025
10-29-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm not worried, yankees will show Pedro who's his daddy is tonight. In the end the yankees will be the team hold the trophy.

BULBUS
10-29-2009, 08:53 AM
People crack me up, its ONE game! Its a seven game series, you have to win 4. Cliff Lee is not pitching the next 3 games. When the Yankees were winning World Series, they were always losing game 1. Ok, if they loose tonight, it won't be good, but Pedro is OLD and Cole is not last years Cole.

And the Phillies did not look like they were on another level, Cliff Lee was on another level. CC did not have his best stuff, and other than two mistake pitches, he shut their line up down as well. Now, our bullpen, thats another story. Throw strikes!!!

If the Yanks win tonight, all will be well again with Pettite going against Hamels. Which AJ will show up????? Go Yanks!

3arod13
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
People crack me up, its ONE game! Its a seven game series, you have to win 4. Cliff Lee is not pitching the next 3 games. When the Yankees were winning World Series, they were always losing game 1. Ok, if they loose tonight, it won't be good, but Pedro is OLD and Cole is not last years Cole.

And the Phillies did not look like they were on another level, Cliff Lee was on another level. CC did not have his best stuff, and other than two mistake pitches, he shut their line up down as well. Now, our bullpen, thats another story. Throw strikes!!!

If the Yanks win tonight, all will be well again with Pettite going against Hamels. Which AJ will show up????? Go Yanks!

Agree! No reason to go into panic mode. I will say that Cliff Lee pitched a beautiful game. Yankees played as if they didn't have a chance against him, and just went through the motions. It was frustrating to watch.

As far a Pedro goes, he has a lot more to worry about pitching against the Yankees, than the Yankees have to worry about going against Pedro.

Go Yankees!

Regards, Tony

LastingsMilledge85
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM

And then it's only TWO games, then THREE games, then FOUR games, then no MORE games.:D

metsbats
10-30-2009, 08:35 AM
World series don't end in 1 game. Yankees will come back tomorrow night and win but without Swisher in the line up i hope. He's a total joke.

Sorry to start a war on this thread again :D I was no way implying this one game will determine the series. After last nights game I hoping this goes 7 games. Last night's game was great and the real Burnett showed up. He pitched a great game. Pedro did too up until the 7th. Personally I think he had no business being on the mound in the 7th and Manuel should have shut him down. I'm still a Pedro fan from his days w/ the Mets and it was great to see him comeback with he Phils win 5 games and pitch in game 2 of the WS. (I hope the Wilpons and Minaya were watching)

For me personally I rooted for the Yankees in game one and they were beat and yesterday I rooted for Pedro and the Phillies and they lost.

Just a Mets fan's lament, we can't seem to get break:(

BULBUS
10-30-2009, 09:28 AM
And then it's only TWO games, then THREE games, then FOUR games, then no MORE games.:D

So much for your sweep theory. Pettite against Cole, hmmmmmm.......

LastingsMilledge85
10-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I never predicted a sweep I was just "smack" talking. Personally, Phils in 6, but we will see what happens, of course I am going to say the Phils win because I love watching the Yanks loose, but Philly actually has a legit chance at winning it all (again).

Fnazxc0114
10-30-2009, 09:03 PM
you could do what us rangers fans do. get real excited the first half of the season and give up because you know its going to go down hill the second half. id feel sorry for you but heck weve never even one a playoff series.