PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the classifieds?

Masimen
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Did I miss something? Collector to Collector Classifieds is gone all of a sudden.

jayt1234
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
They take them down during the auctions.

Jay

kingjammy24
10-25-2009, 04:07 PM
classic! i love it. it never gets old. any bets this question still gets asked when GUU has their 20th auction?

rudy.

larry bourget
10-25-2009, 04:22 PM
They take them down during the auctions.

Jay

Looks like no more than just a Steiner Fest to me.

LB

Masimen
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Rudy,
Well excuse me for asking. As much as I enjoy this board, I am rather busy and can't spend all my time gaining the knowledge of every nuance of the forum. I was just looking for a little info. I understand that some of you have been here much longer than I. I was just hoping someone could give me the heads up. I was not expecting to get any grief for the fact that I was unaware. Guess I expected too much.
Steve

Lokee
10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Is this place run by the Obama administation? :)

ChrisCavalier
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello Steve,

Sorry for the confusion. We made a previous post that referenced this fact but understand that not everyone may have seen it and many may not have been on the boards during previous auctions.

As stated above, we remove the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' during our auctions. We do this for the benefit of our consignors.

Once again, sorry for any confusion.

kingjammy24
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Rudy,
Well excuse me for asking. As much as I enjoy this board, I am rather busy and can't spend all my time gaining the knowledge of every nuance of the forum. I was just looking for a little info. I understand that some of you have been here much longer than I. I was just hoping someone could give me the heads up. I was not expecting to get any grief for the fact that I was unaware. Guess I expected too much.
Steve

steve calm down. it was a small laugh at your expense. i take it this is the first time its ever happened to you. welcome to life.

rudy.

Masimen
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Chris,
Thanks for the info.
Steve

Masimen
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Rudy,
I am the first to laugh at myself. Just felt it came off as a little condescending. Not a big deal at all. The last thing I want is to be one of the forum members who get into the frequent bickering I see on here. This for me is fun, and I love this forum. Don't want it to turn into arguing. Sometimes humor can get lost in text. Again, no biggie.
Steve

chakes89
10-25-2009, 05:21 PM
What is the exact reasoning behind taking down the classified sections other than the vague reasoning that it will "compete" with the auction?

There was nothing in the classifieds that was going to compete with anything available in the auction.

cohibasmoker
10-25-2009, 05:43 PM

See there you go - more insults. How can you even think of comparing the august members of this forum to the Obama Administration. That's just not right.

Jim

Lokee
10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
See there you go - more insults. How can you even think of comparing the august members of this forum to the Obama Administration. That's just not right.

Jim

Jim

Iam kidding come on my friend.

I do think it is funny you said "See there you go - more insults" for obvious reasons.

Jim I do hope you have invested in Gold and Silver though if not better get on it before the dollar collapse.

sammy
10-25-2009, 08:25 PM
"..... I do hope you have invested in Gold and Silver though if not better get on it before the dollar collapse."

I use to invest in gold, now I invest in AR 15s, 9mm, and 45s.

Colt and H&K preferred.

sox83cubs84
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Better not let Barney Frank run the auction...look what he did to Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave M.
Chicago area

both-teams-played-hard
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
"..... I do hope you have invested in Gold and Silver though if not better get on it before the dollar collapse."

Colt and H&K preferred.

..Let's keep this thread (which has pretty much run its course) within some vague boundaries---Thanks---Mike

ndevlin
10-26-2009, 02:31 AM
What is the exact reasoning behind taking down the classified sections other than the vague reasoning that it will "compete" with the auction?

There was nothing in the classifieds that was going to compete with anything available in the auction.

Yep, I agree.

russyurk
10-26-2009, 12:40 PM

I agree, I'm not sure someone trying to unload $20 bats is that much competition.

Vintagedeputy
10-26-2009, 02:14 PM

Colt and H&K preferred.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/991/full/1094.gif

I would have loved to wear this jersey!

Lokee
10-27-2009, 01:21 AM
only problem with that jersey is it would offend the New World Order and you would be ordered to a FEMA camp.:D

Vintagedeputy
10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
hey by the way, what happened to the classifieds?

:)

bigtruck260
10-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Colt and H&K preferred.

I am partial to 40 s&W and .357 Sig

;)