PDA

View Full Version : My new Jeter Block letter

Masimen
10-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I felt like this one deserved it's own thread. Just picked up this Jeter block letter LVS. This one appears to date to 96 as it is 33.5 inches. Seam marks all over the barrel. Really nice bat. As a few of you know I often tell the story about passing on one of these in 97 for 500 bucks because I thought it was too much. Little did I know. I feel like this bat is sort of the crown jewel of modern Yankee bats. I am very excited about having one in my collection. Ok, done gushing now:)

cjclong
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
When you get a good bat like this from a player like Jeter you have a right to gush. Thanks for sharing it with us.

suave1477
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I felt like this one deserved it's own thread. Just picked up this Jeter block letter LVS. This one appears to date to 96 as it is 33.5 inches. Seam marks all over the barrel. Really nice bat. As a few of you know I often tell the story about passing on one of these in 97 for 500 bucks because I thought it was too much. Little did I know. I feel like this bat is sort of the crown jewel of modern Yankee bats. I am very excited about having one in my collection. Ok, done gushing now:)

This may be a stupid question, but I will ask anyway.

Did Jeter use Pinetar back then?

As he currently primarily uses mota stick.

treant985
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Is this the same one that was on ebay recently?

I remember when Tim at HOFbats.com had one of Jeter's bats from the AFL...one of his very first orders.

Masimen
10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes, this was the ebay bat. Luckily the seller and I were able to come to an agreement we were both happy with.

As for the tar. I have only ever handled one of these once before and it was very similar. It is seems that there might be a mixture of the 2 on the handle

cjclong
10-22-2009, 03:07 PM
When did Jeter stop having the block letters on his bat?

GrndSlm
10-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I also have a nice Jeter block letter bat from 1999. They are extremely rare to find.....Here are the pics::

Juan Iglesias
GrndSLm@aol.com

Masimen
10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I always thought he switched to the signature model in 98 but obviously from seeing that bat it was later than that. Probably sometime in 99.

markize
10-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Steve,

I know we talked about this via email, but these pics look great. I'm glad you got your hands on this rare bat! I do remember the story about you passing in the other one for $500, so it's cool you were able to track another down (although not for $500). Gret pickup!

Mark

joelsabi
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I always thought he switched to the signature model in 98 but obviously from seeing that bat it was later than that. Probably sometime in 99.

Jeter signed a contract with LVS in 1999, as the Lousiville Slugger Wall displays. I am surprised they didn't sign him sooner.