PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions GW/GU Durene Jersey

cohibasmoker
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Offered is a vintage game worn Detroit Lions jersey. Made by Wilson, this jersey is in terrific condition. Always looking to trade for vintage Eagles game worn used items.

The price is $399.00 and $5.00 for postage.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

sox83cubs84
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Thre's a possible player ID on this one, Jim...David Jones was a late draft pick in 1974 for the Lions. He was a DB who went to Howard Payne, and did not make the cut. Still a great example of an old NFL durene gamer, though.

Dave M.
Chicago area

gatorcollector
10-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Darn, I got all excited thinking it was going to be James Jones, the fullback from UF. Would have been mine in a heartbeat.

sox83cubs84
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Darn, I got all excited thinking it was going to be James Jones, the fullback from UF. Would have been mine in a heartbeat.

Gator, sorry to disappoint you. The Lions had long moved away from Wilson by Jones' NFL/Lions debut in 1983, and were still years away from returning to Wilson for the Barry Sanders heyday in the early 1990s.

cohibasmoker
10-22-2009, 05:53 PM

According to the (dare I say Lampson LOA), here is what the LOA says: "Road white Wilson Size 44 Road White jersey attributed to Jimmie Jones. The jersey has solid game use with a nameplate change and restored NOB. The jersey shows more use than nameplate indicates that it may have been used prior to 1974 and carried forward. The jersey carries a final grade of 6.5. Jones was kick returner for the Lions in '74 gaining 927 yards on 38 returns.

There you have it. The LOA meant little to me. My decision to purchase the jersey was based on the following facts;
1) It wasn't that unusual for the Lions to recycle their jerseys and nameplates;
2) The jersey was attributed to a common player; and,
3) Wilson did make the jerseys for the Lions during the stated period.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

cohibasmoker
10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
According to the (dare I say Lampson LOA), here is what the LOA says: "Road white Wilson Size 44 Road White jersey attributed to Jimmie Jones. The jersey has solid game use with a nameplate change and restored NOB. The jersey shows more use than nameplate indicates that it may have been used prior to 1974 and carried forward. The jersey carries a final grade of 6.5. Jones was kick returner for the Lions in '74 gaining 927 yards on 38 returns.

There you have it. The LOA meant little to me. My decision to purchase the jersey was based on the following facts;
1) It wasn't that unusual for the Lions to recycle their jerseys and nameplates;
2) The jersey was attributed to a common player; and,
3) Wilson did make the jerseys for the Lions during the stated period.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Guys, sorry for the last post. Under #3 - I left out "of the Wilson tagging". The entire line should have read;
3) Wilson did make the jerseys for the Lions during the stated period of the Wilson tagging.

Jim

sox83cubs84
10-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I checked football cards of James Jones on eBay...he wore #30,, not #31. Lou With No Clue strikes again!:eek:

Dave M.
Chicago area

sox83cubs84
10-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Scratch the previous post...it COULD be Jimmie Jones (not James Jones), although, without a roster, it wouldn't be ascertained. Jimmie did play RB (as well as KR), so 31 could have been his OR preseason DB Jones' jersey.
My apologies for rushing to conclusions.

Dave M.
Chicago area

cohibasmoker
10-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Found a Jimmy Jones on the Lions 1974 roster and he wore the number 31 and a image on Getty.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/1974_roster.htm

sox83cubs84
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Situation solved...not Daryl...not James, but definitely Jimmie.

Dave M.
Chicago area