PDA

View Full Version : Coolbase wash tags, jersey size?

mattmueller
10-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Would it be typical for a game used coolbase jersey to have the jersey size on the tag? Is that not a retail tagging system, even if it carries the 0063 designation?

For comparison, the photo below is a 2008 game jersey with excellent provenance. Tag has 0063, no second line of digits. No size.

Thanks,
Matt

mattmueller
10-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Sorry, I re-read the above and it is a bit difficult to understand.

I had been offered a Ryan Braun "game" jersey, that had the size printed on the wash tag. In my mind, although not sure if I am correct, the presence of the size on the tag would be a pretty good sign of it being a retail jersey. Turns out, the jersey is now listed on ebay (link below), and it has more issues than just my original thoughts about the wash tag.

The issues with the jersey are a) no strip tag in the neck, which is common for Brewer jerseys, and b) I have never seen a Braun size 48 jersey, all I have seen are size 46. Add all that up, and I have doubts about the jersey. And yes, I have contacted the seller of the jersey, who informed me the jersey was obtained by a person "close to the team", and that MLB jerseys don't have tags in the neck.

So, to my original question, is the presence of the size of the jersey an indicator that it is likely a retail jersey, even if the tag is a 0063 variety?

Thanks,
Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250516794544&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

bigtime59
10-23-2009, 07:34 AM
The thing to remember about Majestic is they are consistently inconsistent.
Some of the game jerseys I've purchased have the size on the wash tag and some don't. So that particular indicator isn't going to be particularly helpful.