PDA

View Full Version : GUU Fall Auction Preview Ready For Viewing...

aeneas01
10-20-2009, 02:37 PM
the fall auction preview is now ready for online viewing and features photos and brief descriptions of 100+ lots as well as an index of all lot items (there are nearly 500) - printed versions of the fall auction preview will be mailed at the end of the week.

in the future guuauctions will roll out online auction previews a week before each auction - needless to say the inaugural online preview arrived a little late but, trust me, it wasn't due to a lack of effort! be sure to take advantage of the search and zoom functions when flipping through the online preview!

http://ipaperus.ipaperus.com/GameUse...talogFall2009/ (http://ipaperus.ipaperus.com/GameUsedUniverse/GUUCatalogFall2009/)

Jake51
10-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi,

Congratulations on putting together a great auction! One question, when I click on the 'Overview' button nothing happens. Very well could be user error - just wondering if I'm doing something wrong on my end?

Thanks,

Tom

nickacs
10-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Catalog looks great! Lots of nice goodies :)

Robert, how does one register to receive one of the mailed catalogs? Do I click the 'Registration' link under 'GUU Auctions' at the top banner on here or will you have some registration area on the GUUAuctions.com site?

Thanks!

aeneas01
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi,

Congratulations on putting together a great auction! One question, when I click on the 'Overview' button nothing happens. Very well could be user error - just wondering if I'm doing something wrong on my end?

Thanks,

Tom

tom, do me a favor please - click the email icon that appears to the left of the page navigational bar. does a pop-up "tell a friend" template appear or do you just get a translucent menu background? also, if you could, would you update your adobe flash software and let me know if this resolved the issue? thanks very much tom...

Catalog looks great! Lots of nice goodies :)

Robert, how does one register to receive one of the mailed catalogs? Do I click the 'Registration' link under 'GUU Auctions' at the top banner on here or will you have some registration area on the GUUAuctions.com site?

Thanks!

hey there - print/hard copies of the online preview are being mailed to past bidders and are going to be very nice. if you've bid in the past you will receive one, if not you will be receiving an auction invitation. but if you would like to receive an auction preview catalog drop guuauctions a line with your vitals! : auctions@gameuseduniverse.com

helmets
10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Where are all of the helmets? I must be missing part of the auction. I will check my Adobe and see if it is working properly. I see the Jim Brown, a "Riggs" and the Slater, and then a couple of repro clear shells. I know there must be more, I just can't see them with this old relic of a computer...

aeneas01
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Where are all of the helmets? I must be missing part of the auction. I will check my Adobe and see if it is working properly. I see the Jim Brown, a "Riggs" and the Slater, and then a couple of repro clear shells. I know there must be more, I just can't see them with this old relic of a computer...

no helmets for you - come back in one year!

ChrisCavalier
10-20-2009, 11:00 PM

I trust Seinfeld fans will get the reference.

Absolutely Classic....the Helmet Nazi!

helmets
10-21-2009, 05:16 AM

I'm just glad that you're finally calling them helmets. You had everyone on the forum calling them "lids" and I thought I was going to have to change my user name...

I will be back to consign next year. I like the new format. If the helmets come with a letter from you Robert, it might be time to thin the herd...

Jays1fan
10-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Wish I could VIEW this. I have dial-up and it has been over an hour and the page still has not loaded.

aeneas01
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Wish I could VIEW this. I have dial-up and it has been over an hour and the page still has not loaded.

even with a pre-mosaic internet connection, you should be able to easily view the online catalog! do you have the latest adobe flash player installed? if not here it is - very quick/easy to install and a very unobtrusive program:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

aeneas01
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm just glad that you're finally calling them helmets. You had everyone on the forum calling them "lids" and I thought I was going to have to change my user name...

I will be back to consign next year. I like the new format. If the helmets come with a letter from you Robert, it might be time to thin the herd...

have a great super bowl auction shaping up, slated to launch in early feb! i'm thinking "from the private and exclusive collection of "helmets" - nice ring to it, eh? hopefully we can get some of lambeauleeper's wonderful "game issued" helmets into the auction...

Jays1fan
10-21-2009, 11:58 AM
even with a pre-mosaic internet connection, you should be able to easily view the online catalog! do you have the latest adobe flash player installed? if not here it is - very quick/easy to install and a very unobtrusive program:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Yep, got the Adobe Flash Player. Guess I have to wait until the auctions start.

aeneas01
10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Yep, got the Adobe Flash Player. Guess I have to wait until the auctions start.

do the "pickup" threads take a ton of time to load with your connection? i ask because the online catalog is much "lighter" than most of those pages..

other forum members with dial-up connections - could you please visit the online catalog to see if you get the same results? much appreciated...

Jays1fan
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
do the "pickup" threads take a ton of time to load with your connection? i ask because the online catalog is much "lighter" than most of those pages..

Yes , they take a while to load all the pictures but not as bad as the Catalog.

aeneas01
10-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes , they take a while to load all the pictures but not as bad as the Catalog.

thanks for the reply, very helpful - i'm going to see if there's something we can do about this....

Tay1038
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Great Job! I'm very excited for this auction! Glad to see some Minnesota memorabilia in there!

ChrisCavalier
10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=30469