PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here train in Martial Arts or collect MMA used items?

BoneRubbedBat
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Since I train in Taekwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, I am naturally a fan of MMA fighting. I've always thought it would be neat to have a pair of MMA fight-used gloves from someone like Couture or Henderson. Anyone have any MMA used items? Anyone here like kicking people in the face like I do?

Mauer7
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Lesnar lives in my town, and I have thought of approaching him to try to purchase his fight used stuff. Havent gotten the balls yet.

whatupyos
10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Mauer,

From what I hear Lesnar is a real chill, down to earth guy. You probably won't need balls. He's just a regular Joe.

BoneRubbedBat
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
From what I understand, Lesnar had to have his gloves custom made to a 4XL. I imagine it would probably feel like getting hit in the face with a bowling ball.

LastingsMilledge85
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Since I train in Taekwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, I am naturally a fan of MMA fighting. I've always thought it would be neat to have a pair of MMA fight-used gloves from someone like Couture or Henderson. Anyone have any MMA used items? Anyone here like kicking people in the face like I do?

What belt are you in Tae Kwon Do? I finished at a first dan black belt.

jetersbatboy
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at a local Gracie gym here in Hawaii, and also participated in boxing at are local rec-center too.

As for collecting fight gear, I got into conversation With BJ Penn at a graduation party this summer and asked about it. He said the local athletic commission usually collects his gloves after the fights or a UFC official collects them. He also said he usually where his fight shorts for a few fight, if there not to bloodied up. Nice guy He's married to a relative of mine.