PDA

View Full Version : O/T - What In The World Happened To The Titans?

TriplexXxSports
10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Just last year the Tennessee Titan were on a roll. Undefeated through 11 or so games and ended up at a very modest 13-3, atop the AFC South.

This year they are winless (0-6), and got the crap embarrassed out of themselves again today by the New England Brady's.

What in the world happened to that team? Who did the lose? Anyone know what is going on in Tennessee?

LastingsMilledge85
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Same team, they just aren't playing the same. All they lost was Haynesworth (that I can think of), and he isn't the reason why they are 0-6. Vince Young will probably be the starter after the bye. P.S. Do the Jets press the panic button after three straight losses? What happened Rex?

genius
10-18-2009, 08:10 PM
They stomped on the Terrible Towel. Should have seen it comin'!

suicide_squeeze
10-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Just last year the Tennessee Titan were on a roll. Undefeated through 11 or so games and ended up at a very modest 13-3, atop the AFC South.

This year they are winless (0-6), and got the crap embarrassed out of themselves again today by the New England Brady's.

What in the world happened to that team? Who did the lose? Anyone know what is going on in Tennessee?

It's one of the most incredible transformations that has occured in football in awhile. Crushed today to the tune of 59-0....... That's cause for serious alarm, when you add to it their record. I don't know if anyone can explain it.

chakes89
10-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I think it's safe to say that Kerry Collins is done.

TriplexXxSports
10-19-2009, 06:20 AM
I cannot fathom losing 1 player can cause a team of caliber to look like they do this year. I can understand 3-3 or even 2-4 based on who they have played, but man!

It just blows my mind that a team can transform that quickly from 'hero' to 'zero'

I have to agree that there will be some firings hitting the locker room soon.

otismalibu
10-19-2009, 08:08 AM
They stomped on the Terrible Towel. Should have seen it comin'!

+1

They've not won since.

Dewey2007
10-19-2009, 11:57 AM

I'm just glad there is a worse story in the NFL this season then my Raiders. Not by much but it's pretty shocking to see since Jeff Fisher usually puts quality, competitive teams on the field. 59-0 and -7 yards passing is pretty embarrasing.

CampWest
10-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Passing Defense is absolutely atrocious. Yeah they lost Haynesworth, but more impactful is the extremely poor play of the secondary and the injuries. Their pro bowler safety has played poorly.

Don't forget their D didnt play horrible in week 1, they gave up a lot of passing yards, but held Pittsburgh to 13 points in an overtime loss.

First three games they lost by a FG, FG, TD, close and no blowouts. Then the injuries hit and they cannot stop anybody now, forget about keeping it close.

Short answer, a lot of defensive injuries. And their passing offense is just too poor to make up for a bad and depleted defense.

I believe they have played most of the year (last 3.5 games anyhow) without CB Cortland Finnegan, who was a Pro Bowl shut down corner last year.

Cornerback Nick Harper is out with a broken arm.

So they're playing two rookies at the corners, Mouton and McCourty. Against Moss and Welker? Disaster. Week 5 against Peyton and Wayne? Disaster.

And Javon Kearse has missed the last couple games.

Its all about the injuries, and the decline in the pass rush.
+++
On the Kerry Collins point made... yeah, his QB rating is 62.0, he is hopefully done. I would hate to see him start week 8 after the bye.

LastingsMilledge85
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Haynesworth, is having a miserable time in Washinton along with the rest of the Redskins, the stroy of Snyder's high profile free agents in Washington.

jbsportstuff
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I thought it was great how they ran up the score. Most teams would take a knee...but not the Patriots. What comes around DOES go around.