PDA

View Full Version : Pujols I13L M9 Value?

r_phelps
10-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Hello i came upon a Albert Pujols bat a few years ago. I worked as a minor league,spring training, and late season MLB clubhouse manager. I got this bat from a player on my team who said he recieved it from Pujols in spring training. He said he hadnt used it but wanted me to get rid of it. I was confused but accepted his gift. I noticed that an extra 6 had been added to the knob and handle with alberts 5. He also added another number to the cup of the barrell when he gave it to me. As i got to looking at the bat at my house I noticed that the bat featured bright blue ballmarks like the MLB uses. The minor leagues use a lil darker shade of blue for their balls. I also noticed that this bat was CORKED! The bat is uncracked and shows a lot of use. The handle has 56 with 4-1.5 underneath it. Has tpx maple logo and mlb logo on the back. The bat is uncracked and I was wondering what kind of value this bat is worth? I will try to post some pictures. Thanks! I actually got a Marruci from Pujols himself but I know the value of that one! lol

shoremen44
10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
email me... i may be able to help

r_phelps
10-16-2009, 02:22 PM
here are some pics of the pujols bat

r_phelps
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
more pics..

bigtruck260
10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Here are the Cardinals that wore #56 while Pujols was in the Majors:

Molina, Gabe
King, Ray
Jimenez, Kelvin

Birdbats
10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Here are the Cardinals that wore #56 while Pujols was in the Majors:

Molina, Gabe
King, Ray
Jimenez, Kelvin

I checked my records and Kelvin Jimenez used a natural M9 bat in 2007. Wouldn't shock me at all if it was a Pujols model.

Value? Tough to say. I've seen Pujols bats used by other players sell in the $250-500 range. I've seen other players' bats used by Pujols (with team LOAs) sit on dealers' tables month after month at $500. Neither has near the value of a Pujols bat used by Pujols (and only Pujols).