PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys! Albert Pujols game used hat question!

STLHAMMER32
10-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey guys! First time posting but I read often! I was looking on ebay and saw this Albert Pujols game used hat. Looks like a gamer with an authentic signature but the PSA/DNA letter states it was worn in 06. I noticed the hat is one of the newer model New Era's in which they switched from wool to polyester (notice the black lining). If I am not mistaken this was not introduced or used until the 07 season. Just made me wonder how they could pin point the year the hat was used especially if I am correct in the year they switched over. Any thoughts or comments? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270468326090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

hope i did the link correct if not it is item number: 270468326090

STLHAMMER32
10-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Anyone know when they first used the new style?... from what i can find its not matching up.

5kRunner
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
FYI the LOA is only for the signature.

I know nothing about hats, but if your research doesn't agree to the info in the auction; I'd stay away. Just my opinion.

STLHAMMER32
10-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the response, thinking that I will stay away. Signature looks great but I'm not understanding the hat being listed as an 06 gamer. I could be mistaken but looks like it was normal wool without black lining during the 06 year.

David
10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
If you were were to take a chance, it's not an all or nothing chance as the items have value due to the autographs.

5kRunner
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
If you were were to take a chance, it's not an all or nothing chance as the items have value due to the autographs.

Good point! I was thinking solely of the hat as a "game used" hat, but at the minimum its an autographed hat. Might be a good deal for a Pujols auto'ed hat.

David
10-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I assumed you noticed it also includes a signed baseball. I would assume a Pujols signed ball is worth $100+. The ball has a sticker from MVP Autographs which is a reputable autograph company. MVP was co-founded by Doug Averitt and Mike Gutierrez, who are both highly respected autograph experts.

fandango
12-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi guys...i am the new owner of these items and alli can say is it looks SHARP in the case!

the LOA from PSA/DNA states "contact PSA/DNA for information on how to obtain a full authentication upgrade"...

to me, this means that they didnt pay full price for the authentication and only had the auto verified, not the GAME USE....

im thinking abot sending it back for the upgrade since a game used hat is obviously worth more!
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/fandango231/Bb5eVwmkKGrHqUH-DMErCLKcNBKykLZo-1.jpg

also, the Ball looks like a rookie year Auto version and its numbered out of /5..... i happy with thie pick up on this end......any thoughts?

shoremen44
12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
looks like a nice pickup... does the hat show any use?

fandango
12-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Not much use...just a little bit of wear/sweat seen on the left and center portion of the brim....

for how long does Pujols use each hat?

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/fandango231/Bb5pbwBGkKGrHgoH-DEEjlLl1RtcBKykLS9.jpg

Rob L
12-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Great looking pickup. As far as the PSA/DNA COA, that is an auction house COA, not a full authentication COA. They aren't authenticating game use and won't. Their indication that is was worn in 2006 is from the auction house description which they don't write. Probably want to send that to MEARS if you are looking for a game use COA.