PDA

View Full Version : newbie asking horribly boring questions about jersey's of the worst team ever

dtsa
10-15-2009, 08:59 AM
I purchase a lot of coaches jersey's directly from the Kansas City Royals. there were 7 cool base authentic autographed jerseys and one "regular" alternative jersey in the lot. They are all double stitched and look perfect in person.I really only wanted 2 or 3 of them and since they were not insanely expensive, "gasp", I bought them to wear.
They don't have the 2009 40th anniversary patch on any of them so I assume that they are from 2008. One of the jerseys has a mlb hologram and when entered it states-
Database under AUTOGRAPHED JERSEY.
Session Name: ROYALS SPRING TRAINING SIGNING
Session Date: March 27, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

I plan on selling a few on eBay to offset my costs so I really don't want to lie to bidders so I thought I would ask the experts before I start telling people that they are bidding on a game worn jersey that Arod and Pujols put on before they returned them to Trey Hillman.

1. Can you tell from the tag that they are from 2008?
2. The majestic codes are for team issued correct? So I can call them team issued?
3. How can you remove an autograph from white #'s on the back?
4. How can you remove an autograph from the jersey material?
5. How many Rusty Kuntz collectors exist?
Thanks in advance.

Ozric
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I was watching this lot because of the Seitzer jersey. Please let me know if you have any interest in selling it.

Thanks,

Tim

eisenreich8
10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I can only relate to you info on how to remove the auto's. Buy some Ink-Away online or in a store if you can find it. It vaporizes Sharpie ink and if you can hand rinse the jersey afterwards to remove the Ink-Away residue that should mitigate any potential long-term staining or other issues affecting the fabric.

I was easily able to find it at grocery stores at one time but can't now. I used the bottles of liquid rather than the pads. GREAT stuff. Good luck!

CampWest
10-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Check the wanted boards... I recall somebody looking for Kuntz items the other day.

CampWest
10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah, get in touch with Ethanoah, he's looking for Kuntz and McClure...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=165104#post165104

Check the wanted boards... I recall somebody looking for Kuntz items the other day.

dtsa
10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
thanks for all the responses. One of the jersey's that I wanted to keep was the Seitzer. If I change my mind, your first on my list.No one said anything about the tags. Is there no way to tell what year there are from?

allstarsplus
10-15-2009, 09:22 PM
the one that is VF should be a 2009 since VF bought Majestic and changed the wash tag otherwise you need to look at other jersey aspects to try to determine.

ironmanfan
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
the one that is VF should be a 2009 since VF bought Majestic and changed the wash tag otherwise you need to look at other jersey aspects to try to determine.

While I'm not sure how it relates specificially to tagging, but Vanity Fair purchased Majestic in 2007 (not 2009)