PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Kent Giants helmet goes for almost 500.00???

33bird
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I've got some serious doubts and questions about this so called Jeff kent Giants 1997 game used helmet that sold on ebay last night for almost 500.00. First, it was made in August of 1996-but not used until April of 1997? Maybe not a problem, but it seems pretty early to make a helmet 8 months before the next season starts. Second-there doesn't appear to be any use-maybe very little-on this helmet. Third, the Purchased from the Giants stamp inside of the helmet, was not put on by the Giants but by Sports Warehouse. Fourth, I found Getty pictures of Kent in 1997 wearing a Giants helmet with a KENT sticker on the back but none of them line up like the one on ebay-and the Sticker is shorter than the one on ebay too. So too many red flags for me. Now, here's the thing-how hard would it be to buy a Giants issued helmet and throw a Kent sticker on the back of it-or some other big name player? Not too tough. I've seen issued helmets from the Giants being sold from Sports Warehouse in the past on ebay. I would have bought this helmet if legit, but.........Hope nobody on here bought it. Just my 2 cents.