PDA

View Full Version : Angels send Red Sox to Dee House !

thomecollector
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
It didn't look good for the Angels sweep in the bottom of the 8th. But, they sucked it up to send Boston home for the winter. Lovely.
Bring on the Spankees .:D

gameused
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
You can thank Jonathan Papel-"blown", I had a bad feeling when he came into close in the 8th. Look for some major overhauling for the Red Sox in the offseason, hope they sign Jason Bay for a few years.

Another big dissapointment for the year Dice-K! Came into spring fat and out of shape, then threw his arm out pitching to much for Japan in the WBC.

Anyway, no excuses, Yankees proved to be a better team the second half and my hats off to the Angels who were the better team in the ALDS.

Bobby

gorilla777
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Sweet redemption - that ruckus you hear is the gang at ESPN trying to figure out whether to ignore this even happened to their boys or brainstorming a Top 10 list of excuses to trot out.:D

sox83cubs84
10-11-2009, 04:16 PM
The memory of Nick Adenhart continues to inspire and drive the Halos.

Dave M.
Chicago area

metsbats
10-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Dave Henderson jinxed them. They should have know better than to bring back a member of the 86 Sox to throw out the first pitch. This comeback was similar to game 6 in the 86 WS in that both the 86 and 09 Sox failed to get that final third out.

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
The reality is.....ever since Manny left the team, they haven't been the same.

Add to that the team is getting older in the roster, and PED's are no longer prevalent. This team (like many others) were largely successful over the past decade because of the use of PED's.

Love Manny or hate him, you could just feel it in the air.....when the Red Sox got rid of him in such a nasty, well publicized manner, you just knew that would mark the beginning of the decline in Boston for the Sox. It's time to clean house and rebuild, as they will not win with their current line-up. They have to rebuild like the Dodgers have....with young, raw talent, mixed in with a few veteran players with ability and ice in their veins.

Lokee
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I think getting rid of Manny actually helped the team to be quite honest. They just went up against a better team that had some good momentum.

Suicide Squeeze keep in mind it was Manny who decided to fight with his teamates, it was Manny who was faking injuries and it was Manny who pushed and attacked there road manager. I don't see why you would not want the guy off the team. Jason Bay did a fine job replacing Manny.

Sure you take a .300 AVG 35 HR's and 100 RBI's out of the line-up but how good would have Manny helped them this year missing 50 games ??? You wanna talk aabout PED's fucking up a team ???

Being a Red Sox fan and watching most of the 162 games you can see what needs to change.

To say the lineup is not producing because of PED's is a retarded comment. Last time I checked PED's did not help you make contact with a ball it only helped you hit it further.

David Oritz's final numbers in 2009

AVG .238
HR's 28
RBI 99
OBP .332

To me besides the AVG that is not a bad year. Sure they are not regular Big Papi numbers we are all used to.

What does need to be addressed:

1. They need another Starter

2. Third Base Mike Lowell is done.

3. They need to re-sign Jason Bay

4. They need a Short Stop

Otherwise I would leave everything the same.

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I think getting rid of Manny actually helped the team to be quite honest. They just went up against a better team that had some good momentum.

Suicide Squeeze keep in mind it was Manny who decided to fight with his teamates, it was Manny who was faking injuries and it was Manny who pushed and attacked there road manager. I don't see why you would not want the guy off the team. Jason Bay did a fine job replacing Manny.

Sure you take a .300 AVG 35 HR's and 100 RBI's out of the line-up but how good would have Manny helped them this year missing 50 games ??? You wanna talk aabout PED's fucking up a team ???

Being a Red Sox fan and watching most of the 162 games you can see what needs to change.

To say the lineup is not producing because of PED's is a retarded comment. Last time I checked PED's did not help you make contact with a ball it only helped you hit it further.

David Oritz's final numbers in 2009

AVG .238
HR's 28
RBI 99
OBP .332

To me besides the AVG that is not a bad year. Sure they are not regular Big Papi numbers we are all used to.

What does need to be addressed:

1. They need another Starter

2. Third Base Mike Lowell is done.

3. They need to re-sign Jason Bay

4. They need a Short Stop

Otherwise I would leave everything the same.

Hi Lokee,

I see you have as much taste and class in addressing fellow members as most.....but hey, I'm sure it's tough for you to have to read scribble from a retarded (now) attention seeking drama queen duschebag like me, so I'll let you slide my friend.

Look, all I was saying was the Red Sox won their two world championships while fielding a heavily juiced team. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, or stepped on your team, by stating the obvious. Manny, Big Papi, Varitek, that piece of garbage money grubber J.D. Drew.....all were using, among others I'm sure. But a lot of teams were, so who cares now? The point is, the "clean-up" is underway, and your team is now one of the big losers in the fact that they have to field a clean team. They have a fairly good team, but they will never replace what they had, especially with Manny being gone. Love him, hate him, whatever.....he was.....WAS.....one of the greatest right hand hitters to ever play the game. If it was because of the PED's, then maybe he should thank Bud "The Geek" Selig after his career is over for allowing himself to manufacture the body that made him such. But your team, since they were the ones who had him, turns out to be the big loser here because they DON'T have him any more. Jason Bay is NO Manny Ramirez. You'll learn that going forward.

In regards to hitting the ball....hey man, be realistic, you don't MAKE IT to the majors if you aren't talented at hitting the ball. Hitting it farther, thereby hitting a LOT more home runs instead of warning tract fly-outs IS a huge difference, as they lead to more wins, etc. That's where the juice helped this team, not to mention keeping them "fresh" from day to day.

I don't care to get into yet ANOTHER argument with a disgruntled forum member about something that means absolutely NOTHING to me, so I won't comment on your prescious Red Sox anymore. Good luck to them in the future, I hope they get all the players you want them to get in the off season, Lokee.

As a Dodger fan, I have to say Manny has turned out to be a circus-act like he has been everywhere else he's played. But somehow, he always seems to bring in that bat when it's needed. We'll see if it holds up throughout the play-offs. But I have lost my "zest" for him as a fan, and quite frankly, I don't think he's worth the 25 mil the Dodgers will pay him if they have to by his acceptance of the "and one" on his contract. Hell, he's a HUGE liability in the outfield, as he has shown this season. But we'll be alright with him, as I know we'll be stuck with him for one more year, his last, no doubt, as NO ONE will offer him as much as the Dodgers did, not to mention he needs to stay clean now. His production will no doubt continue to fall off. But the Red Sox had him during his glory years....and they will not find a hitter of his type but once every 100 years. So good luck.

dafivehole
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
s_s, you are a 'tard and full of idiotic assumptions... I won't be a long-winded as you, so there it is :D

Lokee
10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi Lokee,

I see you have as much taste and class in addressing fellow members as most.....but hey, I'm sure it's tough for you to have to read scribble from a retarded (now) attention seeking drama queen duschebag like me, so I'll let you slide my friend.

Look, all I was saying was the Red Sox won their two world championships while fielding a heavily juiced team. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, or stepped on your team, by stating the obvious. Manny, Big Papi, Varitek, that piece of garbage money grubber J.D. Drew.....all were using, among others I'm sure. But a lot of teams were, so who cares now? The point is, the "clean-up" is underway, and your team is now one of the big losers in the fact that they have to field a clean team. They have a fairly good team, but they will never replace what they had, especially with Manny being gone. Love him, hate him, whatever.....he was.....WAS.....one of the greatest right hand hitters to ever play the game. If it was because of the PED's, then maybe he should thank Bud "The Geek" Selig after his career is over for allowing himself to manufacture the body that made him such. But your team, since they were the ones who had him, turns out to be the big loser here because they DON'T have him any more. Jason Bay is NO Manny Ramirez. You'll learn that going forward.

In regards to hitting the ball....hey man, be realistic, you don't MAKE IT to the majors if you aren't talented at hitting the ball. Hitting it farther, thereby hitting a LOT more home runs instead of warning tract fly-outs IS a huge difference, as they lead to more wins, etc. That's where the juice helped this team, not to mention keeping them "fresh" from day to day.

I don't care to get into yet ANOTHER argument with a disgruntled forum member about something that means absolutely NOTHING to me, so I won't comment on your prescious Red Sox anymore. Good luck to them in the future, I hope they get all the players you want them to get in the off season, Lokee.

As a Dodger fan, I have to say Manny has turned out to be a circus-act like he has been everywhere else he's played. But somehow, he always seems to bring in that bat when it's needed. We'll see if it holds up throughout the play-offs. But I have lost my "zest" for him as a fan, and quite frankly, I don't think he's worth the 25 mil the Dodgers will pay him if they have to by his acceptance of the "and one" on his contract. Hell, he's a HUGE liability in the outfield, as he has shown this season. But we'll be alright with him, as I know we'll be stuck with him for one more year, his last, no doubt, as NO ONE will offer him as much as the Dodgers did, not to mention he needs to stay clean now. His production will no doubt continue to fall off. But the Red Sox had him during his glory years....and they will not find a hitter of his type but once every 100 years. So good luck.

LMAO:p

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
LMAO:p

What kind of a response is that?

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
s_s, you are a 'tard and full of idiotic assumptions... I won't be a long-winded as you, so there it is :D

Great, another forum jelly-fish surfaces to display the average single-digit IQ of his fellow SS fan club members.

The only thing is, with you 5-hole, I think you actually brought the median down a percentage point or two.

By the way, is this your wife's nickname your using here, or is that the best you could come up with for a user name?

Lokee
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Great, another forum jelly-fish surfaces to display the average single-digit IQ of his fellow SS fan club members.

The only thing is, with you 5-hole, I think you actually brought the median down a percentage point or two.

By the way, is this your wife's nickname your using here, or is that the best you could come up with for a user name?

And you wanna talk about class ? taking pot shots at another members wife? You have officially reached "scum" status. I think the majority of forum members opinions about you is right. Goodluck in life.

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
And you wanna talk about class ? taking pot shots at another members wife? You have officially reached "scum" status. I think the majority of forum members opinions about you is right. Goodluck in life.

That shows just how smart.....errr.....intellectual you are. I am taking a shot at the http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/52.gifhttp://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/poodance.gifwho felt obliged to come at me like so many of you little immature http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/baby.gif's do, so I make a comment meant to demean the loser, and now I'm attacking his wife. You idiot, try eating something different than Captain Crunch for dinner.....maybe you will eventually develope some brain cells and be able to read between the lines.

Andrew Lang was right. I am getting tired of the level of UNintelligence on this site. I may just pull up stakes and split. I can't seem to get into an intelligent debate here. The general majority of the members are fine people, but there is a low-life group of donkeys who seem to only be interested in throwing their ill-conceived thoughts and attacks at a few here they don't like or agree with.....the majority of the members here are smart enough not to get involved on most posts. I understand why.

Sorry camarokid, your kind and thoughtful suggestion on everyone realizing that life is short, and maybe understanding what's important and that we should all be kind to eachother.....is just a nice dream on this forum. Ain't gonna happen. Too many Mauer7's and the like. You know, blowhards with nothing intelligent or worthy of saying....just irritating argument insult throwers. But the suggestion was nice and sincere.

Hey Lokee.....get that parka vest out of the '75 Pinto hatchback.......I hear it's gonna be a cold one tonight! And hey, just rent a banjo, and you've got that whole "Deliverance" thingie going on for Halloween!!! http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/bats.gifhttp://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/pumkin.gif

"AINTREE!!???"

ndevlin
10-13-2009, 03:00 AM
Man, I dont know how you are still able to make posts on this site still. Wait, nevermind....theres a GUU auction coming up.

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again.--- Same old crap, just a different week.

You know you bring it on all by yourself, right? You are entitled to your opinion at anytime you want, on any thread. But you do realize the way you talk to people is really inappropriate, right?

Before you start pointing fingers about how people are immature babies etc etc..... go back and look at the posts you've made the past 6 months and tell me if they did or didnt come from a 8 yr old. Heck, I can post some if you'd like(if they hadn't been deleted). They're rediculous. I'd feel like a complete fool if I said some of the things you do.

Every week, same rude posts. It gets old.

suicide_squeeze
10-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Man, I dont know how you are still able to make posts on this site still. Wait, nevermind....theres a GUU auction coming up.

Well NATE, how nice to hear from you!!..... http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/gagme.gif

What, so now you are taking shots at the GUU staff by insinuating they won't "reprimand" me because I may be buying from their upcoming auction?? My my.....and I'm the one who brings things on myself, huh?

When I first learned about this site, I came on here to share my knowledge and spew my venom at the businesses that aren't doing things correctly in regards to the collecting community, and do my part to help protect a group of fellow collectors who are in need of all the help they can get. This hobby is loaded with BS and deceipt...we all need to look out for eachother.

Shortly after I started posting, I apparently upset a few of the "players" in the industry who are exceptional at playing this auction game based on smoke screens of misguided "opinions", letters of authenticity, lack of knowledge of the very items they sell, proof of any reasonable provenance, etc. The bottom line: They rip off the collectors for profit with absolutely NO ONE to answer to in regards of responsibilty.

So soon after I'm pissing off the auction houses, I am involved with a strange coincidentally timed unwanted visit from a stranger, claiming he knows people in the business, at my HOUSE, while receiving cease and desist letters. Yeah, that happens every day. I was bothered deeply by this as I had no idea what the hell was about to happen. I voiced my concerns, and handled the situation the best way I knew how, and what did I get? Attacked by a bunch of little squealers here who seem to enjoy feasting on the very person who is here trying to help them.

So I quickly realized this is not a warm and fuzzy place. I was warned it wasn't, too, but I thought I could change that with some effort. Now? I get it on a regular basis from you guys.....the BS, that is. I welcome it. I enjoy eating all of you girls for lunch.....and I'll continue to do so as long as my account is left active by the fine people here who run this site. Most of the intelligent ones here stay out of most threads, because they see what goes on when they post a "view" that someone doesn't agree with. I see why. I guess I've always been a competitive person, being an ex-athlete, so I keep coming back for more. My bad, but it keeps the juices flowing.

But lately, I have grown tire of it. Not the attacks from you http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/cat.gif's, hell, you pose no threat to me intellectually, physically, or otherwise.....I'm just tired of arguing with stupidity.

I don't have to go back and look at anything, Nate. I respond to what is said to me. Maybe YOU ought to go back and look at what was said to me that illicited my responses.

Or not.....I could care less. Good luck to you in your collecting.