PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers clips Cardinals wings !!!

thomecollector
10-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I thought the Cards would have put up more of a fight. They didn't even show up today. Go Dodgers !:D

griffeyfan
10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Ouch! That was painful. So Roger . . . what did you think of Jim sporting ski goggles in the Clubhouse after the game. May make a nice addition to your collection!

thomecollector
10-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Steve, I could see that....Lol. He might want to keep them for the next round.:D

allstarsplus
10-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Have you ever heard a stadium that was as quiet as Busch was tonight?

I really thought that the Cardinals and the Dodgers were the 2 best teams and thought it would go to 5.

It is going to be a long autumn for Holliday and then he can cash in on Free Agency. Errors are made but that dropped ball in the outfield with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th back in L.A. will be the play that you look back at as the turning point.

allstarsplus
10-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Ouch! That was painful. So Roger . . . what did you think of Jim sporting ski goggles in the Clubhouse after the game. May make a nice addition to your collection!

They looked like Oakley's!~

camarokids
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I too thought the Cards would have done a lot better or even beaten the Dodgers.

Sorry Cardinal fans..... Would have been the same results if the Cubbies won the Division instead of the Cards.... maybe worse???

skyking26
10-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I thought the Cards would have put up more of a fight. They didn't even show up today. Go Dodgers !:D
Dead silence at Busch the whole game. Not much to cheer about. I'm still wondering if they showed up. Thought I was watching the Tigers!!

thomecollector
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Have you ever heard a stadium that was as quiet as Busch was tonight?

I really thought that the Cardinals and the Dodgers were the 2 best teams and thought it would go to 5.

It is going to be a long autumn for Holliday and then he can cash in on Free Agency. Errors are made but that dropped ball in the outfield with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th back in L.A. will be the play that you look back at as the turning point.
I thought it was a wake! It was so quiet. Those wer definately Oakleys. They would be cool to have.:D

sportscrazy13
10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the Dodgers.... but the Cards did not show up. This is why the 1st round needs to be a 7 game series.

skyking26
10-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the Dodgers.... but the Cards did not show up. This is why the 1st round needs to be a 7 game series.
I disagree; I like 5 games as it forces the team to play at the highest level they can. Weeding out process.

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
The Cardinals showed up.

They played the team who had the best record all season long in the National League. All of the talk about the "two aces" all weeks prior to the series was just that.

That's why they play the games.

GO DODGERS!!!

thomecollector
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Exactly. Let those clowns on TBS keep jinxing the favored teams. Bo Sox, Cards,Yankees.etc. That has been the kiss of death so far. Now,
lets go ! If anyone knows where I can pick up a Thome Dodgers gamer after the Series. Plmk. Thanks in advance.:D

sox83cubs84
10-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Now Tony LaRussa and Lou Piniella can compare notes about being swept by the Dodgers. Neither sweep should have ever happened, but, with advancing in October on the line, Joe Torre had his troops ready...give him credit for that.

Dave M.
Chicago area

skyking26
10-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Exactly. Let those clowns on TBS keep jinxing the favored teams. Bo Sox, Cards,Yankees.etc. That has been the kiss of death so far. Now,
lets go ! If anyone knows where I can pick up a Thome Dodgers gamer after the Series. Plmk. Thanks in advance.:D
If you are able to FIND a Thome jersey, etc from the Dodgers; look for no use at all on the jersey and a bench mark or pine slivers in the rear end area...

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
If you are able to FIND a Thome jersey, etc from the Dodgers; look for no use at all on the jersey and a bench mark or pine slivers in the rear end area...

......or champagne stains.;)

allstarsplus
10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
]......or champagne stains[/B].;)

Those are 2 great lines plus very funny. After watching my home town football team implode (again), I needed a good laugh!!!!!!!!!!

skyking26
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Those are 2 great lines plus very funny. After watching my home town football team implode (again), I needed a good laugh!!!!!!!!!!
It's all a stress reliever guys. Lord knows I've needed one!