PDA

View Full Version : BMH-Evan Longoria Game Model bats @ Baseball Express

brianborsch
10-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Hello BMH,

I (and I am sure others as well) am curious about these game model bats that Baseball Express will be carrying. The link for the item is at:

http://www.baseballexp.com/Louisvill...0006/index.pro (http://www.baseballexp.com/Louisville-Slugger/Baseball-Bats/Wood-Baseball-Bats/Louisville-Longoria-MLB-Ash-Wood-Baseball-Bat/baseball/lev/6/productId/13163/Ne/14/parentCatId/23/pCategoryId/1/Ns/CATEGORY_SEQ_23%7C0/N/36+1100006+33+4294966933/Nty/1/categoryId/1100006/index.pro)

From what I understand, these are being made for them in 2009, yet it has Evan's 2008 signature branding. The 125 at the centerbrand is not underlined, and I don't know if anything is stamped under the knob. I was curious if you could let us in on any other way to tell that these are not game issued bats? I understand that Longoria uses 33.5 inch bats weighing in at 31 to 31.5 ounces, so length and weight is one way. According to the detail the wood, finish, and flaming will be exactly to the pro standards and specs. I am mainly wondering if there will be stamping under the knob like they do for other store model bats, even though these will be higher quality than store model bats. Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

BB

Mauer7
10-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Even though it says PRO GRADE wood, it isnt going to be, thats one way to tell. Another way to tell will be that the barrels will be much smaller on the baseball express models allowing them to utilize would that they dont have any other use for. This is common practice in the bat world for retail bats.

Hello BMH,

I (and I am sure others as well) am curious about these game model bats that Baseball Express will be carrying. The link for the item is at:

http://www.baseballexp.com/Louisvill...0006/index.pro (http://www.baseballexp.com/Louisville-Slugger/Baseball-Bats/Wood-Baseball-Bats/Louisville-Longoria-MLB-Ash-Wood-Baseball-Bat/baseball/lev/6/productId/13163/Ne/14/parentCatId/23/pCategoryId/1/Ns/CATEGORY_SEQ_23%7C0/N/36+1100006+33+4294966933/Nty/1/categoryId/1100006/index.pro)

From what I understand, these are being made for them in 2009, yet it has Evan's 2008 signature branding. The 125 at the centerbrand is not underlined, and I don't know if anything is stamped under the knob. I was curious if you could let us in on any other way to tell that these are not game issued bats? I understand that Longoria uses 33.5 inch bats weighing in at 31 to 31.5 ounces, so length and weight is one way. According to the detail the wood, finish, and flaming will be exactly to the pro standards and specs. I am mainly wondering if there will be stamping under the knob like they do for other store model bats, even though these will be higher quality than store model bats. Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

BB

brianborsch
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Well Gosh I hope so! I recently decided to start to collect game issued bats of Evan's and it would suck if LVS made bats that were difficult to distinguish from actual pro model bats. LVS has been very good about that in the past so there is no need to doubt them now. Just the non-underlined 125 got me going. I wonder if BMH will give us any detail on it. Looking forward to it!

BB

brianborsch
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Bump..

BMH
10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
The Longoria models will be the I13L as issued to him. The wood will be Pro quality wood. I am using the older sig as one way to tell it's not a game issued bat. They are only offered in 32, 33 and 34in. None will be 33.5in. I am also fairly certain ( we make them in my department but I haven't been paying much attention) the 125 will be underlined.

brianborsch
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks Brian!

I figured LVS had it down regarding security of authentic items. You guys always do. Although this product will be very close to the real deal. I may even get one as they are just $100. They would make for a good replica of a standard 2008 bat.

Thanks for the detail!

BB