PDA

View Full Version : Joba's Hat

pjbmd
10-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Any NYY collectors notice an inconsistncy with Joba's hat last night?

shafrancollectibles.com
10-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I have noticed his hat shows the most use on a hat I have ever seen for a Yankee, while it's still in use. Sweat staining all over it.

I also believe his hat is missing the Inaugural Season logo on the back of it.

pjbmd
10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
i didn't think it would take long but 4 minutes is ridiculous!
cheers!
pjb

mbenga28
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I liked John Wettland's Yankees hat also.

Vintagedeputy
10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Joba has been wearing the hat w/o the logo for months now.

Lokee
10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't know why as it hasn't helped him game LOL

metsbats
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
The only year that the Yankees didn't have a patch on their caps while Joba was playing there was 2007. What are the chances that he's been wearing the same cap for the last three years?

cjclong
10-13-2009, 09:27 AM
When I saw Jaba's hat I thought of John Wetteland. When he was with the Rangers he had the most dirty looking hat each year by the end of the season that I have ever seen.

sox83cubs84
10-13-2009, 12:46 PM
When I saw Jaba's hat I thought of John Wetteland. When he was with the Rangers he had the most dirty looking hat each year by the end of the season that I have ever seen.

When you talk about filthy game-used caps, don't forget ex-Cardinal Steve Kline. His dirty lids were such a legend in St. Louis that, one game at the previous Busch Stadium found a SGA of mock sweat and dirt-stained replica Kline caps. At one Cubs-Cardinals BP, Kline signed one autograph coming off the field...the SGA cap I had won on eBay a few weeks earlier.

Dave M.
Chicago area

5kRunner
10-13-2009, 01:16 PM

I remember, during the 1996 World Series, the announcers discussing how all of the players were issued new hats with the World Series patch on them. And, how Wetteland wouldn't wear one, so they had to take his sweat stained hat and add the patch to it.

The story was that Wetteland was issued a hat during Spring Training and kept the same hat the whole season. Something about how all of his running and hard work were done wearing that hat, so that was the hat he wanted to wear to remind him of it during the season.