PDA

View Full Version : Psa/dna Letter ????

sammy
06-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Has anyone ever seen a PSA/DNA letter like this?

Personally I haven't, and I have bought items from Mastros during that time frame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TED-WILLIAMS-AUTO-Jersey-PSA-DNA-Mitchell-Ness_W0QQitemZ8822221182QQcategoryZ20876QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

earlywynnfan
06-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Look carefully: who is "Masternet"????

Ken

sammy
06-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Ken,

Good eyes. Didn't even catch that.

Whomever made up that letter did use the names of the PSA/DNA authentication team under "The MasterNet Authentication Team".

earlywynnfan
06-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I emailed the seller and he said that they made up that LOA as an example, so nobody would "lift" the real image. I asked him for a scan of the real thing, and I'll let you know if I get it. Oh, and the reserve is $499.

Ken

sammy
06-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I e-mailed the seller and asked a few questions about the jersey and who the heck is MasterNet.

Hasn't replied at all.

As the seller states in his auction:

"Below is the (COA) Certificate of Authenticity that comes with this item!"

The COA shown is that fake PSA/DNA letter from "MasterNet"

If that is the actual COA, then someone is going to get ripped off.

I feel sorry for whomever buys this thing as the seller will not accept PayPal or credit cards.

sammy
06-05-2006, 10:42 AM
When this item was listed, I sent e-mails to PSA/DNA and Collectors Universe.

Being as this was only a 3 day auction I didn't think the e-mails would be viewed in time.

I am happy to say that apparently these were, and the auction has been canceled and removed.

This seller was not able to rip someone off.

It is a good day! :)

ghostkid
06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice job guys!!! Yeah, there's alot of silly bickering that goes on at this forum, but here's an ideal example of how GUF can have such a positive impact on our hobby. Skip the soap opera bickering, here is why I read the forum as often as possible.

Kevin

sammy
06-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Just when you thought it was a good day, you come across this.

The jersey is back again.

Now it stated to come from a "MrNet Internet Auction House Clearing Sale."

What the heck is that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TED-WILLIAMS-AUTO-Jersey-Mitchell-Ness-PSA-COA_W0QQitemZ8824225174QQcategoryZ20876QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/TED-WILLIAMS-AUTO-Jersey-Mitchell-Ness-PSA-COA_W0QQitemZ8824225174QQcategoryZ20876QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

Here is what is stated in the auction:

Below is the *EXAMPLE* (COA) Certificate of Authenticity that comes with this item!

**This Autographed Item was obtained at a mrnet internet auction house clearing sale for psa/dna in Feb 2006.

Real Psa/Dna COA comes with the item but we cannot show it as the COA contains the names of individuals who no longer work for psa.

Due to having lost a lawsuit to these individuals psa/dna will not allow ebay to show actual copies the COA since it contains the names of these individuals who are no longer affiliated with psa/dna. **

Actually that reasoning is a bunch of baloney. PSA/DNA and/or eBay have no such policy.

A pig is a pig, regardless of how you try to dress it up.