PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tigers vs. Twins play-in game

mbrieve
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow, what a game! Is everybody else enjoying this game as much as I am?

staindsox
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Gardy should be fired. Pulling your cleanup hitter and inserting a .220 hitter? Using and removing both your setup men in the 7th? He can't manage a bench or bullpen. Win or lose, he should go.

sox83cubs84
10-06-2009, 08:53 PM
It reminds me of some of the NBA games of Round 1, Bulls/Celtics. And, while I could get behind either team if they won, the preferred of the two took it.:)

Dave M.
Chicago area

Mauer7
10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I can only imagine what is going to happen to Miguel Cabrera's wife tonite. :(

Tay1038
10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Gardy should be fired. Pulling your cleanup hitter and inserting a .220 hitter? Using and removing both your setup men in the 7th? He can't manage a bench or bullpen. Win or lose, he should go.

What the hell are you talking about? He won 5 Central Division titles in the last 8 years!! Geeeeezzzz... Plus the Twins WON!

Best game I've ever been too!

suicide_squeeze
10-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Watching games like this reminds me how GREAT the MLB play-offs are. But yet, each year I still expect there to be a let-down in the quality of the games.

There have been so many great series, comebacks, and wins by underdogs over the years, you just can't help but think "Will I ever see a better game or series?"

Then next year comes, and you see a classic battle like this one tonight, with the players and managers laying it all on the line. It's the greatest sport in the world.

skyking26
10-07-2009, 12:31 AM
It was a helluva game. Best team won. Tigers bats failed again...12 LOB!!! Failure to push runs across is going to get you sooner or later. Miner is not ML pitching material. Terrible.

Tigers GM better get to work right now...he has ALOT of work to do.

RK