PDA

View Full Version : Value of a Roethlisberger Game worn Jersey?

GarkoCollector
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I have been approached by a few people about acquiring my Big Ben gamer and wanted to get opinions of a reasonable market price to sell it. I have a price in mind but could be way off--either over or under. I dont want to state anything as to influence others opinions, but I know theres PLENTY of knowledgeable people here that can answer. If it helps or matters, its a Black jersey.

Thanks,
Tom

TriplexXxSports
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I have been approached by a few people about acquiring my Big Ben gamer and wanted to get opinions of a reasonable market price to sell it. I have a price in mind but could be way off--either over or under. I dont want to state anything as to influence others opinions, but I know theres PLENTY of knowledgeable people here that can answer. If it helps or matters, its a Black jersey.

Thanks,
Tom

What's your provenance? I'd say, with solid proof and good show of use, no less than $3500.

GarkoCollector
10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
What's your provenance? I'd say, with solid proof and good show of use, no less than $3500.

Ben gave it to me. Probably cant beat that for provenance. ;)
It shows decent use and only a couple of small snags/tears around the sidepanel.

GarkoCollector
10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
also, thanks for the info.
Tom

TriplexXxSports
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Ben gave it to me. Probably cant beat that for provenance. ;)
It shows decent use and only a couple of small snags/tears around the sidepanel.

Not that I doubt your story, but is there any proof to back that up? Did you get a picture or a letter signed by Ben? Something that is concrete?

In the eyes of a collector it is always tough to rely on someones 'word'. Especially this day and age with all the people who claim to "have a brothers cousins aunt who has a son in-law that used to work for the team" kinda stuff. Know what I mean?

Anyone that has a good sense of knowledge in the game worn department should be able to tell just by looking at it if it is legit. Unfortunately, there are many more novice collectors out there, and most of them rely on the papers.

NegleyPirate
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Tom,
do you have pics of the game used Roethlisberger jersey? I would love to see them.

Thanks,

nationals2k9
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Less now that he appeared on the wrestling bonanza

ironmanfan
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Less now that he appeared on the wrestling bonanza

or The Smoking Gun