PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez photo matched Nike bat

gameused
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Recent Manny pick-up photo matched to his comeback on July 3rd vs Padres.

The white leather ball scuffs on the barrel matches up perfectly, along with the black sharpie dot on the mid handle. The photo of the knob is a little blurry, but all the numbers on the knob line up when holding the bat to the exact angle of the printed name on the top area of the barrel.

Special thanks to Kyle for his help with the game shots.

Bobby

zookerman182
10-05-2009, 04:30 PM
very very very nice

whatupyos
10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Awesome!!

nationals2k9
10-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Manny better turn it ON starting tomorrow night!

Carlevv
10-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Manny gave me a bat over a few weeks ago and in the pine tar there was a bunch of his hair stuck to it. It was a phoenix bat. Anyone else have hair in their pine tar?

gameused
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Manny gave me a bat over a few weeks ago and in the pine tar there was a bunch of his hair stuck to it. It was a phoenix bat. Anyone else have hair in their pine tar?

Carlevv,

Could you email me at hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

I have a couple of questions for you on the Phoenix bat.

Thanks, Bobby

Game Used Bats
10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Carlevv,

Would be interested in purchasing or trading for the pheonix bat. Let me know if interested how much and or what you need for your collection.

Thanks,

Anthony

RichardsonA742@aol.com

allstarsplus
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Love the Maple "Just Do It" slogan below Manny's name on the barrel!

nationals2k9
10-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Yes! The LVS bat I picked up a couple weeks ago had a really long strand of hair in the tar! I carefully removed it though since I thought it was borderline weird leaving it in and having folks ask me, "what is that?" It actually broke 2-3 times into smaller strands (he doesn't wash it much).

Good conversation!!

Also, LOVE how us Manny people jump on talk of new bats!

mwbosoxfan
10-06-2009, 11:59 AM

Yes, I have an '06 Manny Sam Bat with a fair amount of pine tar and the usual Manny traits. The Sam Bat is all black, and right in the middle of the silver Sam label is some of Manny's hair. I'm assuming so as I didn't have it DNA matched! I get mixed reviews from "eww" to "cool".

Recent Manny pick-up photo matched to his comeback on July 3rd vs Padres.

The white leather ball scuffs on the barrel matches up perfectly, along with the black sharpie dot on the mid handle. The photo of the knob is a little blurry, but all the numbers on the knob line up when holding the bat to the exact angle of the printed name on the top area of the barrel.

Special thanks to Kyle for his help with the game shots.

Bobby

Another nice pick up and photo match. That "just Do It" logo on the barrel is awesome. Congrats!!!

gameused
10-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Manny better turn it ON starting tomorrow night!

Hopefully Manny cut some of his hair before the playoffs, it looks to be interfering with his vision.:D

Thank's to all that have posted....Bobby

Carlevv
10-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Im sorry i dont want to sell my phoenix bat. Ive known Manny for years and have never asked him for a bat. Finally i did and i would feel like an idiot asking him for another one. Someone had a question about the bat. What was it?

gameused
10-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Im sorry i dont want to sell my phoenix bat. Ive known Manny for years and have never asked him for a bat. Finally i did and i would feel like an idiot asking him for another one. Someone had a question about the bat. What was it?

I had the question. Can you tell me if Mannys name is on the barrel and is there a model number? Also anything stamped on the knob, date, length, weight? I have never seen a Manny Phoenix bat and would love to see photos if you get a chance.

Thanks, Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Carlevv
10-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Yes Manny's name is on the Barrel. I dont have the bat in front of me but there is a model number. If i remember right its MR something. The labeling is just branding and no ink inside the branding. There is nothing on the knob. Plain knob. Black ring below the name of the bat. I already shipped the bat out to its final destination so its not in front of me for me to take a photo. I dont display bats at my house. Sorry for the little info but i tried. He used a phoenix the same day he gave me mine.

gameused
10-07-2009, 12:53 AM
It's good to know that his name is on the barrel, I have a Tamazawa bat that Manny used and his name was not printed on the barrel, some of his Nike bats that he used with the Red Sox and Dodgers don't have his name, just "Diamond Elite" printed on the barrel.

Thanks for your help and when you do have the bat with you please post some photos.

Thanks again, Bobby