10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Mauer and Albert

chakes89
10-05-2009, 03:34 PM
AL: Joe Mauer

NL: Prince Fielder

yanks12025
10-05-2009, 03:48 PM
A-rod should win it because he carried the yankees into the playoffs, but in the end Mauer will win it.

Bondsgloves
10-05-2009, 03:49 PM
You can't be serious about Alex Rodriguez?

AL: Joe Mauer
NL: Pujols

chakes89
10-05-2009, 03:51 PM
A-Rod isn't even the MVP of his own team let alone the American League

yanks12025
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
And why is Mauer MVP, because he has the highest batting average, Wow. A-rod and Teixeira beat him in both home runs and RBI's.

whatupyos
10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
AL: Mauer

NL: King Albert

An MVP actually helps your team win at all costs. I'm willing to bet money that ARod turns into KRod in the playoffs like he does every year he's there. For a guy making 30 mil, you'd think he'd do more in the playoffs when and where it counts.

Mauer was huge and missed a big chunk of the season due to injury. Very impressive!!

Aaron

LastingsMilledge85
10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
There is no way A-Rod deserves it. Tex carried the Yanks into the post season. It was A-Rod that god Tex rolling. Bottom line Mauer or Abreu should and I hope get it. Cuddyer is making a nice bid though.

sportscrazy13
10-05-2009, 08:15 PM
AL: Mauer

NL: King Albert

An MVP actually helps your team win at all costs. I'm willing to bet money that ARod turns into KRod in the playoffs like he does every year he's there. For a guy making 30 mil, you'd think he'd do more in the playoffs when and where it counts.

Mauer was huge and missed a big chunk of the season due to injury. Very impressive!!

Aaron

So AROD didn't miss any games this year:rolleyes: 30 HRs, 100 RBIs, 78 RUNs & .402 OBP in just 125 games is just as impressive as what Mauer did.

you can say what you want about AL MVP and MVP on the Yankees.... The Yankees did not take off this year with the best record until AROD got back in the lineup. If he's not the Yanks MVP then it's Jeter. Big Tex would of not had the year he had without AROD behind him.

With that being said let's see if AROD shows up this year in the playoffs

whatupyos
10-05-2009, 08:42 PM
So AROD didn't miss any games this year:rolleyes: 30 HRs, 100 RBIs, 78 RUNs & .402 OBP in just 125 games is just as impressive as what Mauer did.

you can say what you want about AL MVP and MVP on the Yankees.... The Yankees did not take off this year with the best record until AROD got back in the lineup. If he's not the Yanks MVP then it's Jeter. Big Tex would of not had the year he had without AROD behind him.

With that being said let's see if AROD shows up this year in the playoffs

You're right....A Roid did miss some time....I forgot. My bad. He's still not showing up in October though. He proves me right every year. Big Tex still is a better player though, with or without him. Mauer never was tied to Roids though so my vote goes for him. He batted wayyyyyy better too. Didn't A Roid barely make it to .275?

joelsabi
10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I go with Teixeira just because he led the league in RBIs, plays solid defensem and played a full season. He didn't miss a notable amount of games like Mauer and ARod. ARod ended up with 30 HR and 100 RBI on the last day of the season. Teixeira's offense really didn't click until ARod came back.

Pujol hands down in the NL.

Looking for great things from the Yankees this postseason.

LastingsMilledge85
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
I really think they need to take a good look at Bobby Abreu. For an older player he continues to be a valuable asset to his team.

scottanservitz
10-05-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm with the majority....

Mauer

Pujols

Without those 2 guys both teams don't make the Playoff....even though the Twins have one more to win.

Scott

WadeInBmore
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I would like to see Miguel Cabrera get it...or Joe Mauer. I saw a report not that long ago that said Miguels numbers were the closest to Albert Pujols's. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

What do you think about Cy Young.
I hope Greinke gets it...but I think Verlander has made a solid bid for himself and of course there is the Sabathia argument as well. Not really sure about the NL race. Any thoughts?

wade

whatupyos
10-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree, Greinke (sp?) for Cy Young....but I hate that there always seems to be an East Coast bias.

suave1477
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
NL Pujols
AL I would actually like to see Morales get it. As he worked very hard to fill the shoes of Tex and did a great job.

As far as AROD his numbers were not that much better than Posadas. So if your going to consider AROD you might as well consider Posada and I am sure none of you are going to consider Posada.

Not for nothing, if anything Posada should have be considered way stronger or if not, I will even say tied for 2007 AL MVP.
But thats just my 2 cents......

sportscrazy13
10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I would like to see Miguel Cabrera get it...or Joe Mauer. I saw a report not that long ago that said Miguels numbers were the closest to Albert Pujols's. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

What do you think about Cy Young.
I hope Greinke gets it...but I think Verlander has made a solid bid for himself and of course there is the Sabathia argument as well. Not really sure about the NL race. Any thoughts?

wade

Cabrera has good numbers but struggled the last few weeks... big reason why Tigers are playing tomorrow.

I think a guy that gets over looked cause of all the star power in NY is Robinson Cano... he had a Pedroia type year

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 11:39 PM
This is the easiest one in YEARS.....

NL Pujols

AL Mark Texeiriaeixaierzajka&(*%;sfkl;ssei-i[034 :eek: .....um "Tex"

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I would like to see Miguel Cabrera get it...

wade

Yo Wade!!!!

The only thing Miguel Cabrera is going to get is drunk tonight(Monday) .....and have the s#!t kicked out of him by his wife again before he leaves Tuesday morning for the park to go 0-4 again in the most important game of the Tigers season.....:p

gorilla777
10-06-2009, 12:18 AM
NL - Albert Pujols (maybe name the award after the guy)
AL - Derek Jeter

brianborsch
10-06-2009, 12:39 AM
AL-Mauer
NL-Pujols

No brainer.

geoff
10-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Pujols And Tex.

ndevlin
10-06-2009, 03:39 AM
I would pick Mauer, but keep in mind that he missed a pretty decent portion of the start of the season, therefore, if he actually played, his avg. may not be as high as it is.

And yes, I agree that Arod isnt even the MVP on his own team. That could even go to two other guys if it wanted to.

How about Cy Youngs?

AL- Greinke
NL- I dont care.

3arod13
10-06-2009, 05:56 AM
What Arod did, in the number of games that he played, and still playing while fully recovering from his hip surgery, is amazing.

It was then, and only then, when Arod came back, everyone else got better. Arod's presence in the lineup made a big difference.

To me, this is what an MVP is. Without Arod for the season, who knows where the Yankees would have ended up. That's your MVP!

kellsox
10-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Arod won't finish in the top 5 in MVP voting- more players had better years and meant more to their teams than he did. He's prob. #3 on his team behind Tex and Jeter. Not even close to the MVP of a whole league

yanks12025
10-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Pedoria winning the MVP last has to be the biggest joke that the writers made in selecting a MVP.

mwbosoxfan
10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Pedoria winning the MVP last has to be the biggest joke that the writers made in selecting a MVP.

Another outstanding contribution to the forum....wow!

suave1477
10-06-2009, 08:19 AM
What Arod did, in the number of games that he played, and still playing while fully recovering from his hip surgery, is amazing.

It was then, and only then, when Arod came back, everyone else got better. Arod's presence in the lineup made a big difference.

To me, this is what an MVP is. Without Arod for the season, who knows where the Yankees would have ended up. That's your MVP!

3AROD13 I know your an AROD fan but realistically he didn't do anything more special then other players who were injured and had surgery and missed the begining of the season.
2009 AROD stats 124 Games - 30 Home Runs 100 RBI's .286 Batting Avg

Posada 111 Games - 22 Home Runs 81 RBI's .285 Batting Avg
Lowell 119 Games - 17 Home Runs 75 RBI's .290 Batting Avg

Now quite a few of these games for Posada & Lowell were to come in and pinch hit.
Imagine if they came in for the same amount of games and played full games as AROD did - There numbers would be tied if not passed ARODS.

Now as far as the argument that everyone says "Well the team started doing better when AROD came back into the lineup"

I disagree with that also because he came back when any normal team would start warming back up. Not to mention Tex is infamously known for being absolutely cold in the begining of the season. By the time AROD came back is when he started warming up.
So I disagree with that argument

allstarsplus
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I wonder if Jeter and Teixeira votes will not get Jeter the AL MVP.

Jeter is having an amazing year so I think he deserves it.

AL Jeter
NL Pujols. Ryan Zimmerman a close 2nd

3arod13
10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
3AROD13 I know your an AROD fan but realistically he didn't do anything more special then other players who were injured and had surgery and missed the begining of the season.
2009 AROD stats 124 Games - 30 Home Runs 100 RBI's .286 Batting Avg

Posada 111 Games - 22 Home Runs 81 RBI's .285 Batting Avg
Lowell 119 Games - 17 Home Runs 75 RBI's .290 Batting Avg

Now quite a few of these games for Posada & Lowell were to come in and pinch hit.
Imagine if they came in for the same amount of games and played full games as AROD did - There numbers would be tied if not passed ARODS.

Now as far as the argument that everyone says "Well the team started doing better when AROD came back into the lineup"

I disagree with that also because he came back when any normal team would start warming back up. Not to mention Tex is infamously known for being absolutely cold in the begining of the season. By the time AROD came back is when he started warming up.
So I disagree with that argument

It's just my opinion.

Regards, Tony

bigtruck260
10-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Joe Mauer is my AL MVP - what a great player he ended up being! He's everything that the hype told us...and yet, he is humble. If we didn't have a terrific catcher (STL), I'd LOVE to have him as a Cardinal.

OF course Albert is my MVP - however, down the stretch, the power numbers cooled (yet he still made key plays and did the little things to help his team win) - and Prince Fielder really turned it on. Actually, so did Braun (20/20 member)...so those guys both need some serious consideration.

One guy who never gets enough credit is Pablo Sandoval in San Fran. That guy is bringing people back to the game...he kind of reminds me of a Willie McGee type mistake hitter and is exciting to watch. He is my 'people's choice' winner.

kellsox
10-06-2009, 09:29 AM

Don't even know why im asking but I will anyway...if not Pedroia then who? He was in the top 4 of all ballots (except the 1 writer that left him off) It wasn't a season with any stand out candidates...

yanks12025
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Don't even know why im asking but I will anyway...if not Pedroia then who? He was in the top 4 of all ballots (except the 1 writer that left him off) It wasn't a season with any stand out candidates...

Josh Hamilton had a better year.

eagraham35
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Joe Mauer...nuff said.

suicide_squeeze
10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
It's just my opinion.

Regards, Tony

But Tony,

You need to be punished, disagreed with, insulted, and abused like the little b!t(h that you are :rolleyes: ....so please take it like a man and don't argue with this place! These guys know what's going on.....you don't.

Any questions?

Signed, a fellow little b!t(h of the forum who also knows nothing. ;)

suicide_squeeze
10-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Joe Mauer...nuff said.

Did nuff say that?

Wait......who is nuff? http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/lol.gif

LastingsMilledge85
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I wonder if Jeter and Teixeira votes will not get Jeter the AL MVP.

Jeter is having an amazing year so I think he deserves it.

AL Jeter
NL Pujols. Ryan Zimmerman a close 2nd

Zimmerman, IMO, won't even be considered because he is on the Nats. He has a great shot to win the gold glove, but I think it should go to other NL east thirdbaseman (Feliz). Nevertheless, Zimmerman had his best season yet and more is to come.

allstarsplus
10-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Zimmerman, IMO, won't even be considered because he is on the Nats. He has a great shot to win the gold glove, but I think it should go to other NL east thirdbaseman (Feliz). Nevertheless, Zimmerman had his best season yet and more is to come.

Sorry, forgot the smiley face on Zim being #2 as I was joking of sorts as Zim played on the team with the worst record and there are others more deserving at #2, #3, #4. So maybe #5 for Zim :D