PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Howard Authentic Gamer

philsfan
10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Hello all,

I have been looking to add an authentic Ryan Howard gamer to my collection for years. I got my shot yesterday at the Phillies Silent Auction. Beautiful bat. Black, Sam Bat (Rideau Crusher). Cracked on the handle, lots of wear (ballmarks, scuffs). Lots of motto tape. MLB certification.

Top of the Bat has various indentification marks.

35 34 - which I assume is the weight of the bat.
6 - a black six is written in marker (Howard's number)
3 24 07 - which I assume is the date the bat was issued to Howard. If any of you know what this date represents, please let me know. I assume it is the date the bat was issued (at the end of Spring Training, and not the date it was broken).
RH1 - RH is obviously Ryan Howard, not sure what the 1 stands for.
7436 - also not sure what this number stands for. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Please share any thoughts on this bat. I'm hoping it helps other Howard fans find an authentic Howard gamer at other auctions.

Enjoy.

David

philsfan
10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
For those that care, a Sam Bat representative responded to my series of questions:

35 34 - which I assume is the weight and length of the bat. - Correct

6 - a black six is written in marker (Howard's number) – YES – This is done by the player or team when the bats arrive.

3 24 07 - which I assume is the date the bat was issued to Howard. If any of you know what this date represents, please let me know. I assume it is the date the bat was issued (at the end of Spring Training, and not the date it was broken). I am trying to figure out when this bat was used and knowing this date would really help me. - The date of production.

RH1 - RH is obviously Ryan Howard, not sure what the 1 stands for - The model number – the number 1 has no reference. The RH is for his name.

7436 - also not sure what this number stands for. If anyone knows, please tell me – Sales Order number - each order is assigned a unique sales order number prior to being produces so that every bat can be referenced at a later date. Also help determine authenticity. This tells us who ordered the bat, when they ordered it, how many and all of the specifications pertaining to that specific order.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
David Kurzweil

markize
10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana]For those that care, a Sam Bat representative responded to my series of questions:

David Kurzweil

David,

I have contacted SAM bats several times with no response. Care to share the name/email of the rep you talked to? Email me.

Mark
sirfuzzy@comcast.net

treant985
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
We had this thread a while back: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10819 . Birdbats created a database of all the codes that people sent in, although I don't think it's been updated with the last few posts' info.

It's great to checking codes and dates to see if a bat at least has legit info.