PDA

View Full Version : GUU Auction

AWA85
10-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I sent a message awhile back, but does anyone know when the next GUU auction will be?

34swtns
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I was about to post the same question.

Chris, what's the scoop?

dcgreg25
10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I posted the same question in the auction section with no reply. Strange.

aeneas01
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
the fall auction is slated to open next week, october 15th, and run through november 4th. catalogs and invites are ready to go and lot info is being uploaded to the new auction site as we speak - our online e-catalog should be ready for perusal by the weekend. you will also begin to see ads for the auction in collector publications (print and online) by the end of this week or early next week as well as news releases and blog entries such as these:

http://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/game-used-jim-brown-syracuse-helmet-set-to-hit-auction-block/

http://beta.beckett.com/group/315290/?tab=tabArticles&p=802498#ViewArticle

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/guuad.jpg

dcgreg25
10-05-2009, 02:08 PM
aeneas01, thanks for the post. I am looking forward to seeing what is going to be available.

AWA85
10-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Awesome, thanks for the update!

jetersbatboy
10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to see if there was a update?

dcgreg25
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
The auction website still just has the logo.

It would be great if the mods could post a list of lots on the board to give the members a sense of what is going to be on the block as they have in the past.

nickacs
10-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I concur. If the mods already know what's in the auction (which it sounds like), a preview would be really nice :) I can't wait to see what's in it!

jetersbatboy
10-11-2009, 11:30 PM
I concur. If the mods already know what's in the auction (which it sounds like), a preview would be really nice :) I can't wait to see what's in it!

Its just like Xmas!!!! I cant wait to see whats on there!!:D

34swtns
10-14-2009, 09:04 PM
(sound of crickets........a tumbleweed blows through)

ironmanfan
10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Isn't the start of the auction advertised as October 15th (which obviously isn't until tomorrow)?

TriplexXxSports
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I hope the lots aren't as disappointing as the preview....

whatupyos
10-15-2009, 12:35 AM
I would go out on a limb and say that the auction probably won't start tomorrow. That's my guess. Its dead on here, no info.

ChrisCavalier
10-15-2009, 03:29 AM
Its just like Xmas!!!! I cant wait to see whats on there!!:D
A quick update:

As mentioned, we are launching a new auction site with this auction and it's going to be bigger than our previous auctions. However, due to some additional work that needed to be done with the new auction software and some last minute special consignments that we felt we just couldn't exclude, we are pushing the auction dates back to October 22nd through November 12th. To fill this gap we are targeting having our e-catalog ready for viewing by this weekend.

I believe everyone is going to see with this auction the commitment we are making to take GUU Auctions to the next level. We have brought in additional personal to handle the growth and we are very happy with the new auction site as well as our upgraded collateral materials such as our new catalog design. I am also confident that everyone will see the work that has gone into this auction and the direction we are headed.

On a final note, as was the case with our previous auctions, we will be removing the ‘Collector to Collector Classified’ forum on the GUU site during the auction. We will be doing this for the benefit of our consignors so other items will not be competing with theirs during the auction.

We look forward to bringing you this exciting auction as well as additional auctions going forward. In fact, for those interested in consigning to GUU Auctions, we will be having a Super Bowl auction this coming February and will be accepting consignments as soon as the Fall auction goes live.

dcgreg25
10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Chris, thanks for the update. Any chance you can post the list of lots here as you have with previous GUU auctions?

karamaxjoe
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Anybody want to bet on how soon it will take someone to ask why the classified section is gone?:D

I'm guessing one day.

ChrisCavalier
10-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Chris, thanks for the update. Any chance you can post the list of lots here as you have with previous GUU auctions?
Hello Greg,

Thank you for your post. Going forward, we plan to use the online version of our catalog as a preview for the auction. As stated in my previous post, we plan to have the online version of the catalog on the site by this weekend so that everyone will have an idea of what will be in the auction.

This should be a very exciting auction with nearly 500 items of all types of memorabilia.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your question.

TriplexXxSports
10-19-2009, 07:25 AM
.....we are pushing the auction dates back to October 22nd through November 12th. To fill this gap we are targeting having our e-catalog ready for viewing by this weekend.

UMMMM? - UHHHHH? - Did I miss it?

34swtns
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
The lack of updates and any visible progress is very uncharacteristic and, frankly, a little unsettling.

spartakid
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
It also appears that a mod was on here to edit this thread recently, but didn't post an update??:confused:

nickacs
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
http://bravellir.com/gallery/d/6892-1/whistling.gif

Still waiting........