PDA

View Full Version : 2009 GUU Fall Auction..??

dcgreg25
10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I just got back from vacation and was looking around trying to find information on the upcoming fall 2009 GUU auction. Anybody have any idea when the auction starts and/or when a preview will be up? Thanks!

Mauer7
10-03-2009, 08:04 PM
This question has been asked numerous times, but nobody seems to care enough to respond to anyone.

aeneas01
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I just got back from vacation and was looking around trying to find information on the upcoming fall 2009 GUU auction. Anybody have any idea when the auction starts and/or when a preview will be up? Thanks!

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=29522

encinorick
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Let's light this candle, Robert, and get this thing going...

I understand from Mark and Susie that there are a bunch of gu LA Ram stuff that people will drool over. :D

aeneas01
10-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Let's light this candle, Robert, and get this thing going...

I understand from Mark and Susie that there are a bunch of gu LA Ram stuff that people will drool over. :D

ha ha!

i've been meaning to give you a call for quite some time my friend - what a small world, eh? mark and susie, what can i say? just two very, very special people. in fact mark was kind enough to take the time to write a very eloquent admissions letter of recommendation on my son's behalf which weighed heavily in terms of his acceptance to a very competitive san francisco high school - mark attended the same school (so did gordon getty, jerry brown, chris mathews, dan fouts, etc.), just a great academic program.

as far as my rams are are concerned.....

encinorick
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Los Angeles Rams, soon to return, if I had my way (perhaps Rush, too).

Yes, yes, to all you said and some. Susie and Mark say likewise to you and your wonderful family and what she says is book.

All the best. Can't wait for the auction.

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Los Angeles Rams, soon to return, if I had my way (perhaps Rush, too).

Yes, yes, to all you said and some. Susie and Mark say likewise to you and your wonderful family and what she says is book.

All the best. Can't wait for the auction.

Rick,

Having the Rams back in Los Angeles would be a dream come true. Before I threw my first baseball and realized I was actually good at it, my life revolved around Batman, and the Rams! Ah yes, the good old days....

To think they may bring back my beloved Rams would truly be a dream come true. I won't be holding my breath, but I will say a prayer...

If they bring em back, they should bring em back in the old glory White and Blue helmets and unis!!!

34swtns
10-12-2009, 09:16 PM
So.........

cutting it close on that "preview" window, aren't they? Wasn't the auction scheduled to begin on the 15th?

AWA85
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Any new updates mods?

encinorick
10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
And bring back the blue and white colors, right Robert!:D

Gremillion, j
10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
can't wait for the auction :)

dcgreg25
10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I am looking forward to it as well but am a bit disappointed that there was not a preview put up as the auction starts tomorrow. It is strange that this auction has not been promoted like the previous GUU auctions either...I am sure there are some great items but it has been strangely quiet, especially given the Jim Brown helmet that is the centerpiece of the auction. I guess we will see tomorrow.

MSpecht
10-15-2009, 04:11 PM
A quick update:

As mentioned, we are launching a new auction site with this auction and it's going to be bigger than our previous auctions. However, due to some additional work that needed to be done with the new auction software and some last minute special consignments that we felt we just couldn't exclude, we are pushing the auction dates back to October 22nd through November 11th. To fill this gap we are targeting having our e-catalog ready for viewing by this weekend.

I believe everyone is going to see with this auction the commitment we are making to take GUU Auctions to the next level. We have brought in additional personal to handle the growth and we are very happy with the new auction site as well as our upgraded collateral materials such as our new catalog design. I am also confident that everyone will see the work that has gone into this auction and the direction we are headed.

On a final note, as was the case with our previous auctions, we will be removing the ‘Collector to Collector Classified’ forum on the GUU site during the auction. We will be doing this for the benefit of our consignors so other items will not be competing with theirs during the auction.

We look forward to bringing you this exciting auction as well as additional auctions going forward. In fact, for those interested in consigning to GUU Auctions, we will be having a Super Bowl auction this coming February and will be accepting consignments as soon as the Fall auction goes live.

yanks12025
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I dont see why you need to remove the for sale section, if the auction is moving to a whole separate website.

shoremen44
10-18-2009, 08:01 PM
??? anything?

34swtns
10-18-2009, 08:58 PM
(sound of a pin dropping.....)

I have the sudden urge to re-watch Failure To Launch.
Good movie, except for the Bradshaw nude scene. :eek: