PDA

View Full Version : Please do not place GU items on toilet to take photos.

emann
10-02-2009, 11:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/IAN-KINSLER-GAME-USED-GLOVE-AUTOGRAPHED-FROM-2007_W0QQitemZ110439124604QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item19b6af4e7c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1182

I would have considered bidding, but GROSS!

jetersbatboy
10-03-2009, 02:46 AM
I can't tell you anything about the glove, but the toilet is a early model crane toilet. It feautres a 3.0 gallon flush and a old style 1b1 ballcoc. More then likely it has a brass style flush valve. An in my opinion it's defenitly used!

metsbats
10-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I can't tell you anything about the glove, but the toilet is a early model crane toilet. It feautres a 3.0 gallon flush and a old style 1b1 ballcoc. More then likely it has a brass style flush valve. An in my opinion it's defenitly used!

And we hope to never be able to photo match it while it was being used:D

grenda12
10-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Nice photo studio. Thanks for the laugh. :D

joelsabi
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/IAN-KINSLER-GAME-USED-GLOVE-AUTOGRAPHED-FROM-2007_W0QQitemZ110439124604QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item19b6af4e7c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_1182

I would have considered bidding, but GROSS!

the white background give a nice contrast to the glove. :rolleyes:

jetersbatboy
10-03-2009, 02:04 PM

David
10-03-2009, 02:05 PM
It's recommended the winner microwave the glove for fifteen minutes.

sox83cubs84
10-03-2009, 03:09 PM
The seller received no bids at a $100 opening. If he's desperate, maybe he'll try to DUMP it now.:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

halofan
10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
That's funny, Thanks guys! I needed a laugh:D

sox83cubs84
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Maybe the seller is a college football executive with an idea for yet another BOWL game.;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

metsbats
10-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I have to say this thread is certainly going down the tubes.

jetersbatboy
10-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I have to say this thread is certainly going down the tubes.

Don't you mean down the toilet:D

sox83cubs84
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Since the seller didn't draw a bid, I guess he FLUSHED away his listing fees.;)
Dave M.
Chicago area

suicide_squeeze
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
And we hope to never be able to photo match it while it was being used:D

Was it this one??

suicide_squeeze
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Err.....Maybe I should have asked permission to post "Mauer7" 's picture before posting it? I'm sorry....

emann
10-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I believe that's a photomatch to the toilet in the listing. Good job, SS.

jboosted92
10-06-2009, 09:16 PM

keep it going...

Glove does look a little sh!tty anyway....

jetersbatboy
10-06-2009, 09:51 PM

No match! The toilet in the listing is a round front, the one in the photo looks to be a elongated front:D IMHO;)

jetersbatboy
10-10-2009, 02:21 AM
He's still taking pictures in the bathroom, next to the TP this time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRERO-GAME-USED-BAT-2002-HOME-RUN-GAME_W0QQitemZ110444085959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item19b6fb02c7#ht_500wt_1182

sox83cubs84
10-10-2009, 01:23 PM
He's still taking pictures in the bathroom, next to the TP this time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRERO-GAME-USED-BAT-2002-HOME-RUN-GAME_W0QQitemZ110444085959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item19b6fb02c7#ht_500wt_1182

I think I'll WIPE this guy off my preferred seller list.:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

suicide_squeeze
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Wait.....was THIS it??

metsbats
10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
This poor ebay seller's becoming the butt of all jokes.:D

metsbats
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
and he obviously doesn't give a "crap" where he takes the photos of the items he's listing and is totally oblivious that he's "pissing" us off.

sox83cubs84
10-10-2009, 08:03 PM
The seller is likely European...he doesn't provide a LOA but he takes great pictures in his LOO.:rolleyes:

Dave M.
Chicago area

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
The seller received no bids at a $100 opening. If he's desperate, maybe he'll try to DUMP it now.:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

Yep, Dave, for sure, this turned out to be a s#!tty auction for the seller!!!

genius
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
He's #1 with #2

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Is the glove a fake?

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Is the glove a fake?

http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/blink.gif

We don't know. I don't think anyone has even bothered to look. It was the backdrop that was the interesting topic on this one....

Maybe we should start a new thread on the authenticity of that fabulous glove?? http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/cartoon.gif

STLHAMMER32
01-20-2010, 05:24 AM
the toilet is back fellas!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-BEANIE-WELLS-GAME-USED-GLOVES_W0QQitemZ110481968544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b93d0da0

34swtns
01-20-2010, 07:01 AM
That's hilarious.

So we're to assume there was no other clean surface in the house which could be used to place items on in order to take pictures?
I think using a toilet for a backdrop is crazy butt what do I know?

I'll show myself out.

TriplexXxSports
01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Maybe this guy is one of those who wears his game used gear to handle his 'business'...:eek:

TriplexXxSports
01-20-2010, 08:50 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LAWRENCE-MARONEY-GAME-USED-FOOTBALL-CLEATS_W0QQitemZ110481959885QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b93cebcd

Rob
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I would consider buying the gloves and the toilet if I were flush with cash.

Rob

joelsabi
01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
That's hilarious.

So we're to assume there was no other clean surface in the house which could be used to place items on in order to take pictures?
I think using a toilet for a backdrop is crazy butt what do I know?

I'll show myself out.

actually, I thing the backdrop would be good for jockstraps. :rolleyes:

sox83cubs84
01-20-2010, 02:15 PM
This seller's listings have really gone down the crapper!:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

Vintagedeputy
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
You guys need to stop taking a dump on his listing before it tanks.

frikativ54
01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
You guys need to stop taking a dump on his listing before it tanks.

LOL! Who would sell their stuff on a toilet? IMO, that would only decrease its value, to be put on the crapper like that. Who knows what else has been there. :eek:

34swtns
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
LOL! Who knows what else has been there. :eek:

I've got a pretty good idea about what's been there. ;)

TriplexXxSports
01-20-2010, 05:52 PM
........Was it Mr. Hankey? (LMAO!) :rolleyes:

STLHAMMER32
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
For those of you who don't know the toilet man.....there is a seller on ebay that takes his photos of his items on ebay right on the toilet.:confused: (see his items sold)...anyway I was looking through some items and found what he claims to be a Pujols Hr that he received in person. The ball must not have wanted to stay still on the toilet so he went for the conventional laundry machine look.

He says that the ball boy gave him the ball went back on the field. I remember seeing the HR. Albert hit one out to center and a fan threw the ball back onto the field I believe. Anyone who has sat in the bleachers at wrigley will know that the original ball rarely gets thrown but even if this was the original Pujols HR ball, I would be curious to see the replay of the game and see if they show the batboy giving the ball away. I asked if he would be willing to show a ticket for the game....figured if he got the ball himself, he might have saved a ticket....no reply.

I'm wondering what you guys think....1.) What are the chances he was even at the game? 2.) what are the chances this was given to a fan after it was thrown back? 3.) what are the chances that the actual HR ball was even thrown back?

STLHAMMER32
05-25-2010, 03:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110535522881&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Here is the link

CampWest
05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
he should've just put a toilet paper roll on end and used that to keep the ball still, then he wouldnt have lost that "good bathroom lighting" for a dingy utility room. ;) :rolleyes:

Drasher99
05-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Looks more like the top of an older top load washer or dryer more than a toilet...maybe someone could get a photo match on it.

spartakid
05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Looks more like the top of an older top load washer or dryer more than a toilet...maybe someone could get a photo match on it.

That's what it looked like to me as well. Perhaps he's expanding his studio and diversifying....

rj_lucas
05-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm wondering what you guys think....1.) What are the chances he was even at the game? 2.) what are the chances this was given to a fan after it was thrown back? 3.) what are the chances that the actual HR ball was even thrown back?

I just watched the replay of both feeds and the ball was thrown back. In the first picture, you can see the guy in the front row prompting the other guy to toss it back. In the second photo he tosses it back. Short sleeves, had a drink in in one hand, and was standing up. No way to really pull off the ol' switcheroo.

I doubt a Reds player would have tossed it back into the crowd, so makes sense it was given to a ball boy. The video doesn't show anything one way or another. After that it's anybody's guess.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

STLHAMMER32
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
The seller has sold several game used bats in the past that are just pro stock bats. He sold a Vlad guerrero bat a while back that he said vlad used to hit a HR and then handed it to him after he hit it. Problem was the bat was not Vlads model but a generic pro stock bat. Thats why I question that this even has a chance to be from that game let alone the HR ball. He has done the same with a Colby Rasmus, Bryce Harper, Jose Reyes and I believe a Josh Hamilton bat a while ago, all just pro stock models that inconsistent with bat types and player use on top of the fact the bats do not have their name on any of them.

I politely asked him if he would sign a letter stating how he got it or provide a ticket for the game and got no response.

joelsabi
05-26-2010, 10:59 AM

1) 6 hour road trip from where he lives. Plausable.
2) I would imagine the ballboy would know it had some worth. Personally, if I was the batboy I would keep it for myself and get it signed by Pujols.
3) 100% Nice work Rick.

flota89
05-26-2010, 08:14 PM
When I asked him for proof he gave me a link to a youtube with videos from BP at Busch Stadium. He said he goes to a lot of games. I really doubt it's the ball.

Schmoozer
05-27-2010, 11:42 PM
That is not the home run ball.

That is a batting practice ball. You can tell from the spotted condition of the ball. It does not have the appearance of a properly "rubbed-up" game used ball.

It does have the appearance of a ball hit a few times onto a freshly watered field which soiled it a bit, then after being retrieved, was thrown back into an area where it may have rolled onto mound dirt before being replaced in a bucket. This may have happened a few times before it was hit into the seats and this chump ended up with the ball.

Then while reviewing Sports Center, or maybe the MLB Network, he sees the tape of this fan throwing the ball back. A light goes off....another opportunity awaits an unlucky idiot buyer on ebay because this disgusting thief just found a perfect aliby for his fraud.

You guys ever hear the 'ol "If it looks too good to be true..."?

An Albert Pujols home run ball for around fifty bucks? Yeah, sure. No answers to legit questions about ticket stubs, etc.? Absolutely.

This guy's a fraud. Forget about him. An authentic Pujols home run ball, even with minimal provenance, would go for $2 grand minimum, and should be sold at a major sports auction house to maximize the price.

legaleagle92481
05-28-2010, 01:01 AM
For those of you who don't know the toilet man.....there is a seller on ebay that takes his photos of his items on ebay right on the toilet.:confused: (see his items sold)...anyway I was looking through some items and found what he claims to be a Pujols Hr that he received in person. The ball must not have wanted to stay still on the toilet so he went for the conventional laundry machine look.

He says that the ball boy gave him the ball went back on the field. I remember seeing the HR. Albert hit one out to center and a fan threw the ball back onto the field I believe. Anyone who has sat in the bleachers at wrigley will know that the original ball rarely gets thrown but even if this was the original Pujols HR ball, I would be curious to see the replay of the game and see if they show the batboy giving the ball away. I asked if he would be willing to show a ticket for the game....figured if he got the ball himself, he might have saved a ticket....no reply.

1) It doesn't matter if he was at the game, so were 1,000s of other people it does not establish anything his being there. He could get a ticket stub cheap or free easily anyway. And noone can prove if he was or he was not there as many people don't save their stubs. 2) Probably nil because the team would probably scoop it up and auction it off like the Tigers do or the ballboy would just keep it, he is not making much money and he could sell it on the downlow (so he does not get in trouble at work for selling stuff from a game) easily for a good price. 3) Probably low as most people know it is worth serious cash even if they hate Albert and the Cards but then again when people are drunk and egged on by others they tend to do weird things that they would not do otherwise.

STLHAMMER32
05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
1) It doesn't matter if he was at the game, so were 1,000s of other people it does not establish anything his being there. He could get a ticket stub cheap or free easily anyway. And noone can prove if he was or he was not there as many people don't save their stubs. 2) Probably nil because the team would probably scoop it up and auction it off like the Tigers do or the ballboy would just keep it, he is not making much money and he could sell it on the downlow (so he does not get in trouble at work for selling stuff from a game) easily for a good price. 3) Probably low as most people know it is worth serious cash even if they hate Albert and the Cards but then again when people are drunk and egged on by others they tend to do weird things that they would not do otherwise.

How does it not matter if he was at the game or not? He said he got himself at the game.

Schmoozer
05-28-2010, 10:56 AM
How does it not matter if he was at the game or not? He said he got himself at the game.

STLHAMMER32,

This guy seems to be the best friend of the "ball boy" who has apparently given him other things in the past....right off the field!

Hmmm.....

He doesn't supply pictures of the game, has no ticket stub, gives absolutely NOTHING to back up his quite far-reaching claim...all points to "bogus" from a collector's standpoint.

That ball he sold was garbage. I sure hope you weren't the winner. If you were, hopefully you have learned something here. It didn't cost much.

sox83cubs84
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
I understand that Toilet Man's secret identity is John Loo.:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

sox83cubs84
06-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Where's this guy been lately? I could use some laughs!:p :p

Dave Miedema