PDA

View Full Version : Another Payton "gamer"

34swtns
06-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Ebay item number: 8821849081

Any opinions are appreciated. It's almost identical to the reissue jersey that I posted last month. The only differences being the repairs and yellowed tag on this one. Red flags are the care tagging and the light screen print. It's not as heavy as Bears gamers are supposed to be (mesh holes are not filled in) and the orange is a lighter shade.
Correct me if I'm wrong and please add your 2 cents.

BULBUS
06-02-2006, 09:09 AM
if it were real, there wouldnt be a question mark in the title, and the price wouldnt be so low.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8821849081&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D8821849081%26fvi %3D1

suave1477
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I think the description says it all!!!

"I purchased this piece as a game jersey some time ago, but unfortunately I do not have any documentation detailing use by Payton. Therefore, I am not attesting as such, so please bid accordingly."

The seller himself doesnt believe its game used so chances are its probably not and by the looks of his starting bid, seems like he is just hoping to catch someone such as yourself that might think it is the real thing when its not.

Just an opinion!!!

34swtns
06-02-2006, 09:14 AM
if it were real, there wouldnt be a question mark in the title, and the price wouldnt be so low.

My thoughts as well. Also, I've never seen a true Payton gamer smaller than a size 44 go through any of the high-end auction houses.

BULBUS
06-02-2006, 09:27 AM
its just a shame to know that there are people out there that would do this to a jersey. meaning, sew on a tag that doesnt go with the jersey and create repairs in an effort to deceive. the unfununate thing is that someone will pay more than the jersey is worth :( .

34swtns
06-02-2006, 09:36 AM
I e-mailed the seller last night and expressed my concerns with the item and invited him to solicit this forum for additional input but received no reply.

otismalibu
06-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Based on this informative post, wouldn't the Wilson tag be from the 1974-77 era?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1592&highlight=wilson+primer

Greg

both-teams-played-hard
06-02-2006, 12:06 PM
... wouldn't the Wilson tag be from the 1974-77 era?

The tag seems fishy and the Bears wore heat-pressed numbers and letters (mesh holes covered)at the time.

mchmaj
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
the WILSON company had remake the paytons couple of years ago, they are limited edition up to 200 ot 300 jerseys and seem that "remake" payton jerseys with correct tagging size 42 with heat pressed numbers SOLDOUT REALLY FAST so the WILSON company had to reorder and "remake" again up to 200 jerseys, of course it was rush order and end up painted on thur the mesh holes, the FIRST order that wilson co. remake had heat pressed to 300 jerseys

i ordered three of them and i got two heat pressed and one painted on that is thur the numbers ..... HARDER to get heat pressed now, too common to get painted on ....
i emailed the seller that he is looking way too much for it, reasonable is from $100 to $300, depends on the buyers ... sometime they paid overpriced ....
cheers
marcus

34swtns
06-03-2006, 08:26 AM
the WILSON company had remake the paytons couple of years ago, they are limited edition up to 200 ot 300 jerseys and seem that "remake" payton jerseys with correct tagging size 42 with heat pressed numbers SOLDOUT REALLY FAST so the WILSON company had to reorder and "remake" again up to 200 jerseys, of course it was rush order and end up painted on thur the mesh holes, the FIRST order that wilson co. remake had heat pressed to 300 jerseys

i ordered three of them and i got two heat pressed and one painted on that is thur the numbers ..... HARDER to get heat pressed now, too common to get painted on ....
i emailed the seller that he is looking way too much for it, reasonable is from $100 to $300, depends on the buyers ... sometime they paid overpriced ....
cheers
marcus

Marcus,
PM sent