PDA

View Full Version : OT: Athletes & Twitter

intheminors
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Guys,

I know that pro sports and Twitter have been in the news lately so I thought I would pass this along...

Maxim listed the 100 Twitter accounts that every guy should follow (and my account - intheminors - was not on there!). There are a few athletes on the list but no real surprises.

http://www.maxim.com/humor/stupid-fun/84357/100-twitter-accounts-every-guy-should-follow.html

Do any of you guys use Twitter? Do you follow any athletes or personalities that are worth mentioning? Just curious as I'm pretty new to it. When I took over the Facebook and Twitter for my company I had to learn a lot but am still getting my feet wet.

If any of you have any advice for company Facebook & Twitter accounts that get your name out there?

Kyle

TriplexXxSports
10-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Twitter is not a habit of mine but my wife follows closely. Her List:

Matt Forte
Donny Wahlberg
Sharron Osborn
Caleb Hanie
Danny Glover
Melissa Joan Hart
ChicagoBears.com
SportsCenter.com
Tommie Harris
CNN.com
FoxNews.com
Kelly Osborn

Just to name a few....

frikativ54
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I never have been big into Twitter. The whole idea of being followed has always given me the creeps. :eek: My favorite player's broadcasting his every move and learning his toilet habits just doesn't inspire me. I would rather talk to my actual friends, than follow a faceless celebrity on Twitter.

I use facebook, because there are many social activism-related things you can do on there - i.e., groups, causes, et cetera. As far as baseball is concerned, I am a member of Biggio and Bagwell fan clubs, as well as a Ban Barry Bonds from Baseball group.

The idea of being friends with a baseball player doesn't do much for me. It's not like we would have too much in common, other than liking to watch/play glorified stick ball. Furthermore, true friendship isn't possible when one party idolizes the other.