PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Throws Wiinning Touchdown with 2 Second Left

3arod13
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
This is why Minnesota Viking signed Favre.

1st and 20 on theIR own 20
137 second left
0 time outs
Farve throws 32 yard touchdown with 2 second left on the clock
Vikes win 27-24

3arod13
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
This is why Minnesota Viking signed Favre.

1st and 20 on theIR own 20
137 second left
0 time outs
Vikes win 27-24

1st and 20 on their own 20
1:37 second left
0 time outs
Vikes win 27-24

suicide_squeeze
09-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Was there ever any doubt that this was going to happen this year?

Not with me. Brett Favre is a gamer.....always has been. You just have to love this guy and his spirit.

He's a winner. If he stays healthy, you'll see the Vikes fighting for a Super Bowl appearance in the NFC Championship game.

sox83cubs84
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Crap...if THAT'S all we're gonna hear about on ESPN tonight, I'm changing the dial to conservative talk radio. More educational, less annoying.

Dave M.
Chicago area

3arod13
09-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Crap...if THAT'S all we're gonna hear about on ESPN tonight, I'm changing the dial to conservative talk radio. More educational, less annoying.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Even if you're a Favre hater, you got to admin that is classic Farve.

Well, as a Viking fan, I'm pumped!!!

3arod13
09-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Even if you're a Favre hater, you got to admin that is classic Farve.

Well, as a Viking fan, I'm pumped!!!

Even if you're a Favre hater, you got to admit that is classic Farve.

hiflyer56
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
how much do you think JO will sell that jersey for? LOL

iceman13
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
It is less about Favre and more about the catch. That might be the best catch I'ver ever seen all things considered.

Bondsgloves
09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
If the niners get a first down the games over, Favre was lucky to even get a shot. Favre beat a team that won like 4 game last year. Lets wait till they actually beat a good team before we say that favre is so great. The guy sucked last year. Lets wait till the end of the year and see how he does. The 49ers gave it to him more than him being heroic.

zookerman182
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
i know its still early but the niners are a good team. You cant compare them to last year

whatupyos
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
F ing Favre!!!!!!!!!!! He is a hell of a qb, but damn, did he have to do that against my 9ers? He always kills us no matter what team he's on.

Tay1038
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
If the niners get a first down the games over, Favre was lucky to even get a shot. Favre beat a team that won like 4 game last year. Lets wait till they actually beat a good team before we say that favre is so great. The guy sucked last year. Lets wait till the end of the year and see how he does. The 49ers gave it to him more than him being heroic.

"Is this guy kidding?" - Happy Gilmore Movie

Dude, why so salty? The man controls the game. Go Vikes!

sylbry
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
The 49ers gave it to him more than him being heroic.

The 49ers gave it to him? Right. Marching down the field with a minute on the clock is just a gimmie.

Point is Farve just put a W on the board for the Vikes. Bad day to be a Farve hater.

Bondsgloves
09-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Its funny one good game in the last 2 years and everyone thinks Favre is a savior. My point Favre was lucky to have that chance. The 49ers could of put the game away if they went for a first down, they decided to let the defense try and win the game. The catch was more impressive than Favre's throw. The 49ers had 3 opportunities to intercept passes and put the ball game away. I'm just saying Favre wasn't that impressive playing at home in the home opener and practicly loosing to a team that is still in the rebuilding process.

ribsandwhiskey
09-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Its funny one good game in the last 2 years and everyone thinks Favre is a savior. My point Favre was lucky to have that chance. The 49ers could of put the game away if they went for a first down, they decided to let the defense try and win the game. The catch was more impressive than Favre's throw. The 49ers had 3 opportunities to intercept passes and put the ball game away. I'm just saying Favre wasn't that impressive playing at home in the home opener and practicly loosing to a team that is still in the rebuilding process.

He's playing an entirely different kind of football so far this year then he has the last couple. The kind that can be described with one word: "Patience". If he keeps it up, he's going to find himself with a lot more opportunities to win close games then he would if he was forcing the ball down the field into multi coverage all game. He's probably not going to put up some of the huge stats he has in previous years, but he's probably (hopefully) not going to put up 4 interceptions a game either.

The 49's are rebuilding but if you don't think their good you're crazy. That was in fact an "impressive" even incredible catch, if you don't think the throw was too you're even crazier. Somebody had to put that ball in the perfect spot. I can't think of a whole lot more people in the NFL that are more fun to watch play.

Go Packers! (and sometimes Vikings ;))

aeneas01
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
i've never been much of a favre fan but, man oh man, i was sure as hell impressed today - how about when he threw that 20 yard dart over the middle and then sprinted 25 yards downfield to help block the moment the ball left his hand - heck he laid out patrick willis on that play! a 40-year-old guy (two weeks removed) no less! favre, this bud's for you...

34swtns
09-28-2009, 05:38 AM
A great play will, no doubt, spawn a 5K JO jersey.

TriplexXxSports
09-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Browns, Detroit, and San Fran. Lets see how he does against some real opponents.

I sure as hell wouldn't be buying tickets to Miami yet.......

Vintagedeputy
09-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Brett who?

:)

suicide_squeeze
09-28-2009, 03:01 PM
i've never been much of a favre fan but, man oh man, i was sure as hell impressed today - how about when he threw that 20 yard dart over the middle and then sprinted 25 yards downfield to help block the moment the ball left his hand - heck he laid out patrick willis on that play! a 40-year-old guy (two weeks removed) no less! favre, this bud's for you...

Bondsgloves....The point is, Brett Farve got the chance. And what he did with it was legendary. Throwing that last pass across to his right while scrambling to his left just before getting pummeled, placing it only where his receiver could get to it....with the game on the line....no more time if it's incomplete.......I mean c'mon, are you kidding ME?

The San Francisco 49'ers are not rebuilding, they have arrived. They will win their division this year. They are a GOOD team.

Brett Farve still has one of, if not THE best (strongest) throwing arms in the NFL. He proved it on not just that last throw, but several in the game, and in particular that drive. He can zip it in there with the best of the best. But that block aeneas referred to was insane. I'm sure the coaches, after all of the excitement in the locker room calmed down, had a serious chat with him about that.

But that's Brett Farve, and that's an indication of what kind of a guy he is. As a former football player, how can you not love a teammate like that? I'm telling you, he is got that team so fired up right now, they probably truly think they are invincible. And that's exactly what a leader is supposed to do.

You guys should appreciate the fact that he's still playing, and stop the hating. It would be like if we still had Muhammad Ali around to watch fight. We are blessed with his presence in the game. Enjoy it while you can, he is a once in a life-timer.

Bondsgloves
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Bondsgloves....The point is, Brett Farve got the chance. And what he did with it was legendary. Throwing that last pass across to his right while scrambling to his left just before getting pummeled, placing it only where his receiver could get to it....with the game on the line....no more time if it's incomplete.......I mean c'mon, are you kidding ME?

The San Francisco 49'ers are not rebuilding, they have arrived. They will win their division this year. They are a GOOD team.

Brett Farve still has one of, if not THE best (strongest) throwing arms in the NFL. He proved it on not just that last throw, but several in the game, and in particular that drive. He can zip it in there with the best of the best. But that block aeneas referred to was insane. I'm sure the coaches, after all of the excitement in the locker room calmed down, had a serious chat with him about that.

But that's Brett Farve, and that's an indication of what kind of a guy he is. As a former football player, how can you not love a teammate like that? I'm telling you, he is got that team so fired up right now, they probably truly think they are invincible. And that's exactly what a leader is supposed to do.

You guys should appreciate the fact that he's still playing, and stop the hating. It would be like if we still had Muhammad Ali around to watch fight. We are blessed with his presence in the game. Enjoy it while you can, he is a once in a life-timer.

Wow comparing Brett Favre to Muhammad Ali! I don't even consider him an all time top 5 QB. He leads the team down the field and scores with two seconds left 1 time in his career. I'm sorry he's no Montana or Elway. The 49ers are a decent team not a super bowl contender. 1st year coach, new offensive cordinator, Crabtree their #1 pick hasn't signed and their best player Gore was hurt on the first play. They will win their division but look who the competition in their division is. The Vikings were contenders before Favre came aboard.

As far as once in a life-timer come on Montana, Elway, Brady, young the act has been done before. Its funny when was the last time Favre actually led a team to the Super Bowl?

Don't get me wrong he was a great player and is still a good player, but lets put this one game in persepective. Lets revisit this when the playoffs start.

sox83cubs84
09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
That crashing sound you heard was John Madden's head going through his ceiling when he jumped up in jubilation over the play.:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

sylbry
09-28-2009, 06:48 PM
As far as once in a life-timer come on Montana, Elway, Brady, young the act has been done before. Its funny when was the last time Favre actually led a team to the Super Bowl?

It was prior to Farve breaking every one of their records (interceptions included ) :D . Meanwhile collecting as many MVP awards as Montana, Elway, and Brady combined.

suicide_squeeze
09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Bondsgloves,

Brett Favre has his ups and downs, and more of them in his last two years than most. But you are wrong about last year. He had the Jets in first place almost the entire season. He got injured with 5 games to go, and couldn't throw. He still fought it to the bitter end.

It's his spirit that makes him a player, and a great team leader. Add to that he owns a bag full of NFL records, and I think you are simply just a Favre hater, so nothing said will change your mind.

Why don't you search the annuls of NFL films and try to find one example of Montana, Elway, Brady, whoever you like......completing a pass, then sprinting down field to lay out a linebacker for his receiver. Good luck.

And I never "compared" Favre to Ali. I made the analogy that watching greatness in live action is a blessing, and we should appreciate it while it's in front of us.

Good luck to whomever you like this season....just enjoy.

Steve

suicide_squeeze
09-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey mods.......a quick review of this guys posts will quickly lead you to the obvious fact he's only here to sell his garbage dvd's. Can you off him??

thanks ss!

both-teams-played-hard
09-28-2009, 10:53 PM

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7872/alifavre1.jpg

Bobby Jenks
09-29-2009, 03:59 AM
That crashing sound you heard was John Madden's head going through his ceiling when he jumped up in jubilation over the play.:p

Dave M.
Chicago area
You sir, have made me laugh! I love John's man-crush for Brett. I used to do A little impersonation of him.

sox83cubs84
09-29-2009, 01:08 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7872/alifavre1.jpg

Warren:

LMAO!!!:p :D :p

Dave M.
Chicago area