PDA

View Full Version : Nats Hit Century Mark

dirtyla2000
09-25-2009, 07:35 PM
This franchise is doomed for years to come!:) Talk about a good investment,a Nats game used anything!

LastingsMilledge85
09-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm not the BIG Ntas fan, but the Nats bashing has to end. IMO, this team has tons of young talent on it that needs to stay healthy, and needs a veteran presence. This is team very reminescent of the Rays prior to the '08 season.

chakes89
09-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not the BIG Ntas fan, but the Nats bashing has to end. IMO, this team has tons of young talent on it that needs to stay healthy, and needs a veteran presence. This is team very reminescent of the Rays prior to the '08 season.
It will end IF they ever do anything

The whole franchise (dating back to the Expos) is just terrible

LastingsMilledge85
09-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I think Rizzo as their GM will be a huge plus for that organization. They are a rebuilding team after Bowden's mess.

skyking26
09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
They do have a veteran presence: His name is Adam Dunn. Check out his numbers. He and Zim cannot do it all tho. The team has ZERO pitching..........

suicide_squeeze
09-25-2009, 10:32 PM
They do have a veteran presence: His name is Adam Dunn. Check out his numbers. He and Zim cannot do it all tho. The team has ZERO pitching..........

skyking26.......Your man-love for the guy is starting to get me a bit concerned......

I think we need to do a "man-check" ......please choose one of the following two entries......

Your favorite rock group of all time is:

A) http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/tongue3.gif

B) http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/vpeople.gif

Desperately awaiting your answer, partner.....;)

LastingsMilledge85
09-25-2009, 11:14 PM
I meant a Veteran Pitcher maybe like Glavine. Livo is not good enough, and who knows what Tommy can still bring. It's just unfortunate that they will be without Zimmermann for most of next season who looked like he was about to take off before his injury. Within a few years that pitching staff will be a fearful one.

Vintagedeputy
09-26-2009, 06:49 AM
When the Nats finally put it all together and take the division, all the naysayers will be hiding.

If you look at what they have right now, 2010 will be a very promising year.

allstarsplus
09-26-2009, 07:33 AM
When the Nats finally put it all together and take the division, all the naysayers will be hiding.

If you look at what they have right now, 2010 will be a very promising year.

Jim - I agree. 2011 they will have Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmerman, and John Lannan at the top of the rotation.

Look at the 2003 Tigers for some inspiration or the Tampa Bay Rays for the whole existence and then World Series in 2008!

All I can say is there is plenty to cheer about besides W's at NatsTown!!!!!

bigtime59
09-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I hate that they're in Washington because their presence has hurt the Orioles, no matter what anyone says. I hate how they came to be in Washington because baseball fans in Montreal got hosed in so many ways from 1994 on.
Having said that, I don't doubt that--if the Lerners can be persuaded to front the $ for an average MLB payroll--given that they're in the NL East, not the AL East, they'll be fine down the road.

allstarsplus
09-26-2009, 07:36 AM
skyking26.......Your man-love for the guy is starting to get me a bit concerned......

I think we need to do a "man-check" ......please choose one of the following two entries......

I can't stop laughing. I will Robert some props because he is right about Adam Dunn being a good player, and does promotion for Adam because most will only talk about strikeouts and fielding and give no credit for what intangibles he brings to the lineup.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/25/AR2009092503194.html

This was probably Adam Dunn's best season of his career!

skyking26
09-26-2009, 02:58 PM

Journey would probably be my all time favorite. Actually, my fav baseball player is retired...Dave Kingman. I also collect Thome and McGwire and have several cool pieces from these guys. Dunn I talk alot about because I think he got the SHAFT by only 1 team offering a contract and his numbers prove him worthy. I could talk highly of the other players if you wish...

Regarding the man-love comment, I'm just a 45 year old guy with a serious addiction to baseball; married 13 years with a 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter. Very heterosexual. No man love. I've been off work 15 months with a work related injury that Cleveland Clinic is trying to fix, so...I have alot of time on my hands for sports and it helps keep my mind off the pain if you really must know...

RK

skyking26
09-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I can't stop laughing. I will Robert some props because he is right about Adam Dunn being a good player, and does promotion for Adam because most will only talk about strikeouts and fielding and give no credit for what intangibles he brings to the lineup.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/25/AR2009092503194.html

This was probably Adam Dunn's best season of his career!
Thanks for the kind words Andrew. I spelled out my story despite the fact I really don't have too.

dirtyla2000
09-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I hate that they're in Washington because their presence has hurt the Orioles, no matter what anyone says. I hate how they came to be in Washington because baseball fans in Montreal got hosed in so many ways from 1994 on.
Having said that, I don't doubt that--if the Lerners can be persuaded to front the $ for an average MLB payroll--given that they're in the NL East, not the AL East, they'll be fine down the road.
THANKYOU,YOU MADE MY DAY! WE DID GET HOSED BY GREEDY OWNERSHIP AND MOST OF ALL BY BUD AND THE MLB! ANY IGNORANT MEMBER ON THIS SITE SHOULDN T LAUGH AT THE EXPOS CAUSE THERE WERE 2500 PEOPLE AT THE PIRATES GAME THE OTHER DAY! A COUPLE MORE 100 LOSS SEASONS AND THE NATS WILL BE EXACTLY IN THE SAME PLACE:D

suicide_squeeze
09-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Journey would probably be my all time favorite. Actually, my fav baseball player is retired...Dave Kingman. I also collect Thome and McGwire and have several cool pieces from these guys. Dunn I talk alot about because I think he got the SHAFT by only 1 team offering a contract and his numbers prove him worthy. I could talk highly of the other players if you wish...

Regarding the man-love comment, I'm just a 45 year old guy with a serious addiction to baseball; married 13 years with a 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter. Very heterosexual. No man love. I've been off work 15 months with a work related injury that Cleveland Clinic is trying to fix, so...I have alot of time on my hands for sports and it helps keep my mind off the pain if you really must know...

RK

Robert,

First and most importantly, I am truly sorry to hear about your work injury, and my best wishes go out to you in recovering fully from the mishap. I'm sure it's been a tough road for you, especially with a couple of young ones to look after.

I trust you know I was 100% just posting a laugher. I in no way ever really was questioned your manhood, and I understand your admiration of Dunn. I collect 500 home run hitter game used stuff, and I really hope Adam makes it there one day.

And I absolutely share your addiction to baseball. It's the greatest game in the world.

The only downer about the guy (Dunn) is he strikes out a lot. But he is one of the premier power hitters in the game, and the poor guy seems to get no love from a contender.

But here's to hoping that the Nats become a contender, and soon. I know Andrew would be a lot happier!

My best regards,

Steve

suicide_squeeze
09-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey Robert (skyking26),

You don't happen to have any Thome home run balls (actual balls hit in a game for one of his career home runs), do you?

If so, let me know if you'd be willing to sell one to me!!

You can email me directly if you wish...

suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com Thanks, Steve

skyking26
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Robert,

First and most importantly, I am truly sorry to hear about your work injury, and my best wishes go out to you in recovering fully from the mishap. I'm sure it's been a tough road for you, especially with a couple of young ones to look after.

I trust you know I was 100% just posting a laugher. I in no way ever really was questioned your manhood, and I understand your admiration of Dunn. I collect 500 home run hitter game used stuff, and I really hope Adam makes it there one day.

And I absolutely share your addiction to baseball. It's the greatest game in the world.

The only downer about the guy (Dunn) is he strikes out a lot. But he is one of the premier power hitters in the game, and the poor guy seems to get no love from a contender.

But here's to hoping that the Nats become a contender, and soon. I know Andrew would be a lot happier!

My best regards,

Steve
Just taking 1 day at a time Steve. Watching my 12 year old play Fallball. He was 3/4 today with 2 RBI's. We split a double header.

No Thome homers. I own home gamers of him with all 3 teams except LA. I won't ever look for anything LA as I think the trade sucked. The hell with it.

Dunn needs 2 HRS to pass Ruth with 6 seasons in a row 40 HRS; and does not play today. And - they lose again, go figure. Doubtful he'll hit 2 more in the alotted games. He's a different guy, most sluggers K alot, but 100+ walks in pretty snazzy. I'd take it on my team.

Bob