PDA

View Full Version : Nick Johnson And Retreads

dirtyla2000
09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
watching Marlins vs Phillies. How in the world is Nick Johnson still employed! The Expos got this deadbeat from the Yankees and was hurt all the time! Its amazing how some players keep getting work! Any other examples out there?

Dewey2007
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
watching Marlins vs Phillies. How in the world is Nick Johnson still employed! The Expos got this deadbeat from the Yankees and was hurt all the time! Its amazing how some players keep getting work! Any other examples out there?

Mike Hampton, this guy hasn't been right in years yet the Astros thought enough of him to give him a new contract or pay him what's left of his existing contract. Now he probably will never pitch again due to his latest injury.

allstarsplus
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM

You obviously don't know much about baseball. Nick Johnson is considered to be a great on-base guy and has been at .400+ on OBP and a good fielding 1st baseman. Far from a deadbeat!

LastingsMilledge85
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Johnson reminds me of Moises Alou. Alou is a much better player, but both players are great and effective when they play. The only problem is that they have injury filled careers that have hurt their stats.

dirtyla2000
09-23-2009, 01:53 AM
You obviously don't know much about baseball. Nick Johnson is considered to be a great on-base guy and has been at .400+ on OBP and a good fielding 1st baseman. Far from a deadbeat!
Ya you are right,4 teams in 9 years .4 full seasons played,the rest washed away cause of injuries! a real winner! you must be a NATS or PIRATES fan, accustomed to LOSERS!

dirtyla2000
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Johnson reminds me of Moises Alou. Alou is a much better player, but both players are great and effective when they play. The only problem is that they have injury filled careers that have hurt their stats.
I see what you mean,but in 18 years Alou played for 6 teams while in 9 years Johnson has already played for 4.You know the Marlins won t keep him next year!

dirtyla2000
09-23-2009, 04:28 PM
I see what you mean,but in 18 years Alou played for 6 teams while in 9 years Johnson has already played for 4.You know the Marlins won t keep him next year!
JERRY HAIRSTON JR. WITH THE YANKEES,AN OTHER STUD!

bigtruck260
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Johnson has a .400 career OBP - this year it's .459

I'd take him as a reserve on my team any day. For Florida, he's a good veteran guy to have.

LastingsMilledge85
09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
First of all Johnson played for 3 (Expos/Nats same team). The Yanks didn't keep him around because there was a guy named Giambi at first, maybe you have heard of him? Thus making him expendable, very similar situation to this year's Garrett Jones who should be a candidate for Rookie of the Year. The Nats loved Nick Johnson and still do, and the only reason why they traded him was because his contract ends at the end of the season and he is not in the long term plans for the Nats. The Marlins took him to help for the playoff push, and will not resign him because of his age.