PDA

View Full Version : Special Thank You to Tony B. (3arod13)

joelsabi
09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I wanted to give a special thank you to follow member and ARod collector Tony Baldwin for allowing me to buy his 3 early autographed baseballs from him. We made a deal where I paid most of the money up front and he was willing to receive the rest of the payment at the end of the month.

Yesterday, I received an email that he was sending out the item express mail and that I would received them today. I hadnt even paid for the full amount yet. Well, I worked from home today and it arrived. :) Perfect packaging with COAs and other documentation in hard plastic topholders. This was first class care and packaging. I have never had a seller send documentation in hard plastic topholders before. This early delivery is the classiest gesture I have been given from a fellow collector and really appreciate it.

After we had made the deal, Tony told me he had been offered a considerable amount more for the set of baseballs after he stopped the auction on Ebay. Some peope would have tried to take advantage of this or renege on the deal. Fortunantly, I knew that would not be a concern with Tony. Tony is as honest and honorable person there can be in the hobby.

Tony gave me his reason for selling the item as being an upgrade for another ARod item. I am glad we share similar collecting habits. I look forward to see this great item soon.

Thanks again Tony for being in the hobby and being a true friend.

Respectfully,

Joel

3arod13
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I wanted to give a special thank you to follow member and ARod collector Tony Baldwin for allowing me to buy his 3 early autographed baseballs from him. We made a deal where I paid most of the money up front and he was willing to receive the rest of the payment at the end of the month.

Yesterday, I received an email that he was sending out the item express mail and that I would received them today. I hadnt even paid for the full amount yet. Well, I worked from home today and it arrived. :) Perfect packaging with COAs and other documentation in hard plastic topholders. This was first class care and packaging. I have never had a seller send documentation in hard plastic topholders before. This early delivery is the classiest gesture I have been given from a fellow collector and really appreciate it.

After we had made the deal, Tony told me he had been offered a considerable amount more for the set of baseballs after he stopped the auction on Ebay. Some peope would have tried to take advantage of this or renege on the deal. Fortunantly, I knew that would not be a concern with Tony. Tony is as honest and honorable person there can be in the hobby.

Tony gave me his reason for selling the item as being an upgrade for another ARod item. I am glad we share similar collecting habits. I look forward to see this great item soon.

Thanks again Tony for being in the hobby and being a true friend.

Respectfully,

Joel

Joel, I'm glad you're happy with the baseballs. Nothing more exciting that getting that package in the mail. I know that feeling. It's awesome!

As I stated, although we never met, I consider you a trustworthy friend. Just like you see so many times on GUU, there are many classy people here who go above and beyond to help each others collection.

Although I hated to let them go, the item I am pursuing is one that I have been wanting for some time, and it will be well worth it. Once I get my Arod Yankee bat sold, I will have enough to get it.

I'm glad I was able to put those baseballs in the hands of a die hard Arod collector, and most importantly, I'm glad they're in your collection.

Enjoy them as much as I did Joel!

Regards, Tony

cjclong
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Tony has always been very generous in sharing his expertise about things involving ARod. A great thing about this forum is having people like Tony share their knowledge with the rest of us.

3arod13
09-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Tony has always been very generous in sharing his expertise about things involving ARod. A great thing about this forum is having people like Tony share their knowledge with the rest of us.

Also goes for many of you. When I first joined GUU, I knew squat about game used memorabilia. I bought stuff that I thought was legit. You all taught me a lot. Sometimes it was painful, but the truth hurts. At first I got defensive when items I posted were questioned by many of you. However, many of you were right on the mark. I am now a lot more careful than when I first started out. Why? Because of the knowledge many of your were and are willing to share.

Many thanks to all! Regards, Tony

Rboitano
09-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new bat Tony!

3arod13
09-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new bat Tony!

Will post it as soon as I get it.