PDA

View Full Version : MLB holo database WRONG

treant985
09-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Anyone else had this problem? Maybe it's come up before, but I didn't own any MLB holo pieces til now, so I didn't really pay attention.

It's not too big of a mistake, but still several days off:

LH 376636

According to the database, Brandon Allen (d-backs) broke it in the 6th inn on 9/8 against Billingsley on a pop-up.

However, it didn't look like Allen had cracked the bat against Billingsley, so I watched Allen's next game on 9/11.

And he clearly used the same bat in his first AB (double against Braden Looper) before cracking it in his 2nd AB (on a foul ball, thrown by Looper) in the 4th inn. He has to go get another bat from the batboy and turns over the one that I now have.

The bat had been used for a week prior to this (since 4th inn on 9/4 according to my video research), so it has some really unique ball marks, plus Allen tapes his bats differently, so that's another tell. It's so hard to capture a great pic even on HD mlb.tv, but I'm certain it's the same bat that was supposedly broken on 9/8.

So at least it was an error in my direction...it was used for a little bit longer (and got another base hit) than the database says, but I'm a little disappointed that the database is wrong.

shoremen44
09-21-2009, 07:04 PM
email them...

I got a Pujols bat that was authenticated to a day he wasnt in the lineup... I emailed them, and the response I got was that I was right and the authenticator made a mistake on the date... they changed the online system...

treant985
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
email them...

I got a Pujols bat that was authenticated to a day he wasnt in the lineup... I emailed them, and the response I got was that I was right and the authenticator made a mistake on the date... they changed the online system...

Just emailed them. I guess this mistake is a little bit harder to verify than yours was, but hopefully they'll make the change.