PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Suspended

skyking26
09-20-2009, 08:02 PM
I read Bradley of the Cubs has been suspended for the remainder of the season after he criticisized the club yesterday...

One has to wonder if they could have used Adam Dunn in the OF. He made it clear during the off-season that he would have loved to play for the Cubs as a contender but they basically snubbed him... Guess there was no need for the 37 HRS, 101 RBI's, 100 walks, and the high OB %, .280 BA.

Yea, Bradley's working out just fine......................:rolleyes:

RK

sox83cubs84
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I basically like the guy (he swapped me at bat back in 2003), but, I agree, Dunn, whiffs and all, would have been better for the Cubs in '09. The best move of all, though, would have been to keep DeRosa and Wood. As good as Jim hendry was in putting together the 2003 team, he was that bad in organizing the 2009 roster.

Dave M.
Chicago area

LastingsMilledge85
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
DeRosa batting .253 and I just see him as a great solid durable player in the field. I think the Cubs didn't really need him and Wood should have been let go. The only thing the Cubs did wrong was letting Gregg start the season as closer and not Marmol. But in the long term unless Marmol can reign in his wildness he is not the long term answer either. Jeff Samardzjia future closer?:confused:

Lokee
09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Bradey is a whiner and complainer. He will single handedly blacklist himself from baseball. His attitude stinks and he is not worth 10million a year.

David
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM
When the Cubs signed him, what did they think they were getting? Everyone else knew they were signing a player who does stuff exactly like this.

suicide_squeeze
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Head case from head to toe..

He can't get out of his own way.

Lokee........$10,000,000 a year? He isn't worth $10,000 a year! No team he ever plays for ends up a winner.

EVERYWHERE he goes, he leaves in a cloudy disheveled wake of mess that he caused.

In the imfamous words of our distinguished fellow forum member, eisenreich8..............."This guy is a team CANCER". :p

both-teams-played-hard
09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2052/parkerbrothers.gif

Bobby Jenks
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
The Shark, IMO, is not closer material. Marmol is the best that the Cubs have. I like Berg, that is because I know him personally. I think with a little more experience, Jake Fox would make a great 3B or RF. But Tyler Colvin got called up in Milton's spot FYI.

dirtyla2000
09-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Bradley = Cancer

markize
09-21-2009, 06:13 AM
No team he ever plays for ends up a winner.

Steve,

I wouldn't exactly say that! My local paper just ran a large article on how Bradley hit a game winning grand slam in the bottom of the 9th with a full count to win the eastern league championship for the Harrisburg Senators. It was 10 years ago. You're right though, he is a train wreck.
Mark

suicide_squeeze
09-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Steve,

I wouldn't exactly say that! My local paper just ran a large article on how Bradley hit a game winning grand slam in the bottom of the 9th with a full count to win the eastern league championship for the Harrisburg Senators. It was 10 years ago. You're right though, he is a train wreck.
Mark

Every dog has his day, Mark! http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/dog.gif

I was kinda referring to the bigs....but I'll hand it to you, good detective work.http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/sherlock.gif

flaco1801
09-21-2009, 11:30 PM
how can anyone justify paying this man 30 million for 3 years? its simply insane... i guess selling jerseys after 3 games and used baseballs is their way of recouping money... wonder how many jerseys it would take to recoup 30 million lolololol its hard to watch baseball these days...

markize
09-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Every dog has his day, Mark! http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/dog.gif

I was kinda referring to the bigs....but I'll hand it to you, good detective work.http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/sherlock.gif

Steve,

not sure about detective work. More like strange timing by my local newspaper. It was his anniversary of the HR bomb. Even still, that was 10 years ago, and he had a major meltdown during hishere. Some things never change-the guys still a dope!!

Mark

markize
09-22-2009, 04:40 AM
Steve,

not sure about detective work. More like strange timing by my local newspaper. It was his anniversary of the HR bomb. Even still, that was 10 years ago, and he had a major meltdown during hishere. Some things never change-the guys still a dope!!

Mark

oops. That's should read during his time here.

Mark

thomecollector
09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I see Bradley decided to accept his suspension. Especially since the Cubs decided it was well worth the $400K no to have to look at him.
Reading the post on ESPN. COM , I doubt they'll want him back.:D

whatupyos
09-24-2009, 06:19 PM
So I read on Yahoo that supposedly the Cubbies are going to try and trade him. They'll eat the rest of his salary most likely, or try and dump him. I know the DBacks supposedly want to get rid of Byrnes salary as well. Do you guys think they'll try and swap teams? I read on MLB trade rumors today that Byrnes might even be released after this year. The Dbacks would, of course eat his $11.6 million they owe him. EB could be a good pick up for some team for cheap. Kind of like the Giambi deal for the Rockies. I'm a huge Byrnes fan and hope he lands on a team that appreciates him. I know he's had a rough go the last two years with injuries, but he's capable of great things. Look at his 2006 and 2007 years with the DBacks. I would think it would be fun to see him on the Cubs. Personally I'd love to see him in a Giants uniform as well.

Aaron

skyking26
09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I just have to laugh....and the Cubs were not interested in Dunn .

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, don't mean to rub it in...:rolleyes:

whatupyos
09-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Bob,

A lot of teams weren't...shocking. I know the Giants sure could have used his bat. My friends who are Giants fans are pissed that they didn't.

Aaron

skyking26
09-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Bob,

A lot of teams weren't...shocking. I know the Giants sure could have used his bat. My friends who are Giants fans are pissed that they didn't.

Aaron
I agree!!!