PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Majestic Tagging

hblakewolf
05-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Forum Readers-

I bring attention to the following Miguel Tejada "Game worn jersey" from 2003, offered for sale by Blue Chip Sports.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIGUEL-TEJADA-Game-Worn-Used-OAKLAND-As-2003-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8818611758QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

An entire thread was devoted to this type of tagging on the old Game Used Forum site. The tag on this jersey is not from Majestic, and I have been told by several A's collectors that it was not employed by the A's. The emboridery style is not consistant with Majestic's style, either. I have also seen similar tagging on 2002 Phillies and Astros jerseys. I personally asked my Phillies contact to examine this type of tagging, and he flat-out said that the Phillies have not used any type of strip tagging under thas Majestic tag-NEVER. The individuals who sent me the 2002 Phillies jerseys with this type of tagging, indicated they purchased them from Blue Chip Sports. There is currently another Abreu with this type of tagging on the Blue chip Sports web site, http://www.bc-sports.com/jerseys.htm

The only reason I'm making this post is to bring light to this type of tagging. Furthermore, if you own a Majestic Phillies jersey with this type of tagging, please, don't email me and ask my opinion about it-it's a doctored shirt with a bogus strip tag.

I emailed the seller of the A's jersey, and asked if it has the 0062 or 6200 tagging, however, have never heard back (emailed 3 days ago, Eric).
I welcome any additional information from Forum readers on this issue, or possibly an A's expert who has some expereince with team purchased green jerseys from 2003 and the tagging found on them.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

whatupyos
05-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Howard,
I was at the A's fan fest this year and they sold tons of A's game used jerseys from all different years. I didn't see any other players from 2003 with that style of tagging. I have been an A's fan since 1985 and have never seen this type of tagging on a jersey. I'm not saying they didnt use it or that a certain player never used it, just that I have not seen it before. Hope this helps.

Aaron

hblakewolf
05-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Aaron-
Thanks for the insight. If I understand you correctly, you have never seen this type of tagging on an Oakland jersey-period. Likewise, I have never seen it on a Phillies jersey.

Forum Readers, the homework has been completed on this issue. Proceed accordingly.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net