PDA

View Full Version : "GUARANTEED to pass any inspections"

ryan4fregosi
09-18-2009, 05:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-GAME-USED-OZZIE-SMITH-JERSEY-AND-PANTS_W0QQitemZ230378860637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item35a3a6705d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_713wt_909

Guaranteed to pass a Lou Lampson inspection, maybe...over to you, panel!

(I know it's unfair to post this without contacting the seller first, but he set himself up with his "GUARANTEED" jersey, IMHO.)

Soonerfan65
09-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Stuff like this cracks me up; if it's guaranteed to pass inspection, why don't people spend a few bucks, get it inspected, and sell it for a higher price? Are people just lazy?

suicide_squeeze
09-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Stuff like this cracks me up; if it's guaranteed to pass inspection, why don't people spend a few bucks, get it inspected, and sell it for a higher price? Are people just lazy?

No, Soonerfan65, they're just victims of their own stupidity.

That turns them into criminals because they just can't live with the loss (their good hard-earned money waisted on an item that isn't what it's supposed to be), so in desperation they try to dump bad product on to the next generation of unknowledgeable collector.

He states the jersey is a size 46. It's a 40....the tag clearly shows that. But the irony is hysterical......a 40 is likely Ozzie's correct size as a rookie. A "46" certainly is not.

I suppose it could have been a typo.....maybe he meant to type a "40".

I especially love the close up of the front of the jersey he conveniently left out altogether.

Lazy? Nah.

Doing his best to snowball anyone who may be wanting to bid on it?.....that's my bet.

hiflyer56
09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
if im not mistaken that was on historic auction

mfsquirrelmaster
09-24-2009, 04:11 AM
He says the jersey will pass psa or jsa? It looks like there is no autograph for them to authenticate. Isn't Taube strictly game bats? So what exactly is he guaranteeing? Only Lampson?

suicide_squeeze
09-24-2009, 02:58 PM
if im not mistaken that was on historic auction

Yes, it was.

Historic Auctions should really consider changing their name to "Historic (rhymes with 'yardage')....", well on second thought, I don't need to go into it. Don't need any other legal problems with auctions houses than I already have.

And the funny thing is......this Mr. 98.3% positive feedback rating ebayer apparently used the same pictures from the "Historic Auctions" site, because in every picture listed on his ebay auction, you can see the ghost "HA" in the center of the picture.

Now THAT'S what I call taking the time to be professional, and working hard to put on a good auction! DON'T take the time to take your own pictures.....just be lazy and use the silly pictures that lured yourself into buying the stuff in the first place. Nice.

As a result, his auction ended with an amazing take!!....It reached a whopping $51.00 before it ended with the reserve not met.

What a shame. Some young baseball fan could have had a really nice set of pajamas for $51.00. Those darn reserves!!

RobSteinmetz
09-24-2009, 03:17 PM
For what it's worth, I have owned both '82 and '83 Ozzie Smith jerseys, both of which were size 38 (Rawlings).